• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hiroshi Kawano and Shuhei Yoshida talk PS4 in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyoonZ

Banned
Can you imagine if

The Last Guardian
Demon's Souls 2.
Kingdom Hearts 3.
Valkyria Chronicles 4.
Persona 5.
Suikoden 6.

Sid

FF and KH will pretty much sell PS4s anyway, so eh.
They were definitely holding back at E3 from what I understand.
That's great but I hoped when people referred to a show as a 'beast' it would consist of some mind blowing exclusives,E3 was meh in terms of new games.

Kyon

Banned
That's great but I hoped when people referred to a show as a 'beast' it would consist of some mind blowing exclusives,E3 was meh in terms of new games.

you honestly think Sony of all ppl have no games tho? LOL Sid >_>

Believe tbh

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Games are games, exclusive or otherwise. You do know most people buy multiplatform games right? They didn't show everything at E3 because there's two more big shows and by spreading announcements out, it'll keep people interested in the longterm.

prwxv3

Games are games, exclusive or otherwise. You do know most people buy multiplatform games right?

I think they were alluding to the ps4 price, and used games policy anyway. Sony have proven that they can provide tones of good exclusive games anyway. And it's pretty stupid to think they have nothing planned when many of their studios and second teams of studios are in the dark game wise

Kyon

Banned
I think ppl need to stop and think.

PS Meeting they showed all these new games

E3 they showed all those and more games.

Ppl shouldnt count out the PS Meeting those games still exist.

I mean MS did the exact opposite reveal order XBone conference they showed a few games but e3 showed way more games too.

Both MS and Sony showed a lot of games for next gen

games aren't fun when they're not exclusive?

I don't think that's the argument being made. The issue is that if every game is multiplatform, there's no reason for multiple platforms to exist at all. Exclusives give a console its identity.

That's not his point. He's talking about the show. Sony didn't have a "beast" e3 just because they showed FF and KH. That would mean MS' e3 was also just as beastly since they are getting those games as well.

Also this.

Kyon

Banned
Ya'll should be perched and seaTed for Gamescom and TGS. The skeptics shall see the light once and for all

I don't think that's the argument being made. The issue is that if every game is multiplatform, there's no reason for multiple platforms to exist at all. Exclusives give a console its identity.

Bingo. Exclusive FF and KH would give ps4 an identity, and a rather good one amidst these ultra violent killing games. Right now it just doesn't have one. Even the Xbone has an identity with dead rising and ryse. It may be shitty, but still an image for the platform.

Kyon

Banned
Anyone that says Sony has nothing game wise is guaranteed to eat crow at one point

Seriously. Sony held back their power players for more relevant game shows and markets. As per

Bingo. Exclusive FF and KH would give ps4 an identity, and a rather good one amidst these ultra violent killing games. Right now it just doesn't have one. Even the Xbone has an identity with dead rising and ryse. It may be shitty, but still an image for the platform.

you'd be surprised the amount of ppl outside message boards that think KHIII and FFXV are PS4 only

Kyon

Banned
TGS will Mask Japan's slow start from last gen

Slay

image.php

prwxv3

Now I was a bit disappointed too at the very little new game announcement from Sony too but after the many awesome PS3 years full of great exclusive content I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now. What are those studios making games for anyway? Vita lol.

Kyon said:
you'd be surprised the amount of ppl outside message boards that think KHIII and FFXV are PS4 only
I had to explain that to someone who was well informed about Microsoft's DRM reversal. Even fairly knowledgeable people are out of the loop on that.

I had to explain that to someone who was well informed about Microsoft's DRM reversal. Even fairly knowledgeable people are out of the loop on that.

SE hasn't made a big deal about it yet. They only mentioned Xbox versions at their presser. When the advertising starts that will change. Heck, MS might even have an exclusive deal like with FFXIII.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SE hasn't made a big deal about it yet. They only mentioned Xbox versions at their presser. When the advertising starts that will change. Heck, MS might even have an exclusive deal like with FFXIII.

There's already co-marketing for it with Sony at least in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom