• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hiroyuki Ito supposedly still making large-scale project, may tie to Guardian Cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reveirg

From Wikipedia (supposedly from iOS gamezone magazine):

"After asking a series of questions about Guardian Cross, the interviewer then asked questions related to the Final Fantasy series. He asked Hiroyuki Ito why he has not worked on any Final Fantasy games since the release of Final Fantasy XII, citing the game as being mature and complex and breathing new life into the Final Fantasy series. Hiroyuki Ito replied that he's been busy leading development of an unannounced, large-scale project since 2008.[47] The interviewer then asked when this project will be announced. Hiroyuki Ito replied that he doesn't know as Square Enix president, Yoichi Wada has delayed the announcement until Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is released worldwide and gains a certain amount of subscribers.[47] The interviewer asked if this unannounced game was a Final Fantasy game. Hiroyuki Ito laughed and replied, "You'll find out when the game is announced."[47]

On a separate point, the interviewer asked Hiroyuki Ito if the Active Dimension Battle (ADB) system will ever be used again seeing as Final Fantasy XIII never used it. Hiroyuki Ito replied that ADB is alive and that he's preparing its evolution.[47] The interviewer then asked Hiroyuki Ito if he has played Xenoblade Chronicles due to the battle system being clearly influenced by ADB. Hiroyuki Ito replied that he has played the game and that he was impressed with the scale of the world and found the underlying mechanics of the battle system to be interesting.[47]

The interview concluded by the interviewer asking what's next for the Guardian Cross series. Hiroyuki Ito replied that it has been really successful in some countries and a disappointment in others. He hopes that word of mouth of the game continues to spread and it keeps gaining in popularity.[47] He added that he's considering adding Guardian Cross connectivity to his unannounced, large-scale game. Player's will be able to connect their Guardian Cross accounts to the game and challenge the NPCs in the world and also enter tournaments in the various cities.[47]"

I thought it offered great insight on his doings, as I know many people around here are curious about his work and position in the company.

EDIT: To be taken with a grain of salt really. I've found no evidence of a iOS Gamezone magazine even existing.

Beth Cyra

As long as he's not director and he hasn't anytyhing to do with the story I'm fine :D He can still make characters though, that's his job afterall.

Nomura doesn't do that for the most part anyway, so the use of Usuals, Nomura and you rmeaning behind it was misplaced.

Elios83

Nomura doesn't do that for the most part anyway, so the use of Usuals, Nomura and you rmeaning behind it was misplaced.

Isn't Nomura the director of the Kingdom Hearts series and of Versus XIII? :D
What's his job supposed to be?
Btw as long as he's out of everything that is not artistic-related I'm fine, that's my thought.

Beth Cyra

Isn't Nomura the director of the Kingdom Hearts series and of Versus XIII? :D
What's his job supposed to be?
Btw as long as he's out of everything that is not artistic-related I'm fine, that's my thought.

Kingdom Hearts and Versus XIII aren't a new numbered FF so that again doesn't really make sense.

Also you need not worry, Nomura has already pretty much said he is done with directing Mainline FF's after Versus XIII.

So speaking of Guardian Cross, has anything been added to it? I played it when it first came out, but it felt like it barely qualified as a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom