• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Hispanic US citizen gets acid thrown in the face by white man for being "illegal" [NSFW]

TeamGhobad

Oct 15, 2018
I'm not into trump fear mongering but trump really has emboldened a bunch of pathetic white losers into becoming more racist.

Argument over parking allegedly but what kind of asshole carries around acid in a cup with them....sickening!

Whitesnake

Jan 31, 2018
Assuming this story is true, hope the dude gets justice. Doesn‘t seem like his face will look too bad once it heals, coulda been a lot worse.

Strange that a 60-year old would carry acid around with him.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I'm not into trump fear mongering but trump really has emboldened a bunch of pathetic white losers into becoming more racist.

Argument over parking allegedly but what kind of asshole carries around acid in a cup with them....sickening!
How bout we just hold individuals accountable for their own terrible choices? This attacker was clearly unhinged and should be put away for a long time.

Why does every bad event have to trace back to The Dumbest Mastermind Lord Trump Sidious? "I'm not into Trump fearmongering but let's blame him..."

TeamGhobad

Oct 15, 2018
How bout we just hold individuals accountable for their own terrible choices? This attacker was clearly unhinged and should be put away for a long time.

Why does every bad event have to trace back to The Dumbest Mastermind Lord Trump Sidious? "I'm not into Trump fearmongering but let's blame him..."
because anti-immigration rhetoric and violence is on the rise?

IKSTUGA

Jan 9, 2019
Throwing acid in someone's face is such a weird phenomenon... I sometimes wish Code of Hammurabi was still a thing...

Reactions: infinitys_7th

TeamGhobad

Oct 15, 2018
I'm sure you have that same sympathy when cops are attacked because of anti-police rhetoric from the left.

When in reality, 99.9% of Republicans who may not want illegals here, wouldn't throw acid in their face. Don't let the truth get in the way of propaganda
you are all over the place. so lets dissect.

I'm sure you have that same sympathy when cops are attacked because of anti-police rhetoric from the left.
eh no. i actually think the cops are not doing enough arresting troublemakers. and if the cops target a specific "race" its because that "race" is more prone to criminal activity. Not sure what you're getting at here exactly and what it has to do with this thread...

When in reality, 99.9% of Republicans who may not want illegals here, wouldn't throw acid in their face.
Yes most people wouldn't do that regardless of their political alignment but these kinds of attacks are on the rise and we have a president that ran on anti-immigration so there surely is a correlation between him and the rise of anti-immigrant sentiment in the country.

Don't let the truth get in the way of propaganda
I will do my utmost to not let that happen, thanks for the heads up.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
This story sounds very suspect, I mean who carries acid around just in case.
Londoners.

Seriously, though there are 2 acid attacks a day in England.

It is usually minority on minority crime, usually gang related.

Authorities believe the numbers are underreported due to victims being gang members that won't go to police.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

Jan 1, 2011
USA
Londoners.

Seriously, though there are 2 acid attacks a day in England.

It is usually minority on minority crime, usually gang related.
Yeah but in America you never hear about acid attacks, gun violence sure but acid attacks not so much.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Cant really call it minority on minority when 45% of the victims are white.
I said usually. 45% is less than 50%.

The vast majority of perpetrators are African Caribbean or Muslim [politely called Asian in many articles]. These also account for the slight majority of victims.

This means these two minority groups are massively overrepresented. I don't see any issue with my statement this is usually minority on minority crime, but if you'd like me to add 'and in the rest of cases, possibly a hate crime against white people' I suppose that is fair.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014
Cant really call it minority on minority when 45% of the victims are white.
That means the majority of victims are minorities, no? In a country where ~85% of people are white?

Assuming this story is true, hope the dude gets justice. Doesn‘t seem like his face will look too bad once it heals, coulda been a lot worse.

This attack judging by those injuries looks like the following brutal attack on a Republican back during the Obama election cycle.

Last edited:

OptimusApex

Formerly 'AfricanKing' ... purposely obtuse
Jul 16, 2017
I said usually. 45% is less than 50%.

The vast majority of perpetrators are African Caribbean or Muslim [politely called Asian in many articles]. These also account for the slight majority of victims.

This means these two minority groups are massively overrepresented. I don't see any issue with my statement this is usually minority on minority crime, but if you'd like me to add 'and in the rest of cases, possibly a hate crime against white people' I suppose that is fair.
more miss information Asians only account for 6%

Your misrepresenting facts on Acid attacks

The findings include:
  • The suspect was male 74% of the time and victim was male 67% of the time
  • Just 6% of suspects were Asian
  • Only one so-called ‘honour’ attack was recorded in 15 years
  • Four out of five violent offences never reached trial
The figures appear to contradict a belief that a relative majority of acid attacks involve the South Asian diaspora.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
more miss information Asians only account for 6%

Your misrepresenting facts on Acid attacks

Umm... i was using the same article as you are.

My statement was that most was minority on minority. In order to achieve that, you need to add each minority group together.

According to this very article, the two biggest minority groups are African Carribean and Asian. Me naming these two groups is not 'misinformation', it is the truth. I suppose we could also include some of the white europeans as minorities as well, but most people don't seem to.

When you take into consideration these are minority populations, minorities are vastly overrepresented in acid attacks.

And most of it seems to be gang related.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hayfield

TeamGhobad

Oct 15, 2018
In UK asian means, paki indians bengalis the curry nations. Asian as in chinese, korean, japanese are called Orientals.

Reactions: Hayfield

OptimusApex

Jul 16, 2017

My statement was that most was minority on minority. In order to achieve that, you need to add each minority group together.

According to this very article, the two biggest minority groups are African Carribean and Asian. Me naming these two groups is not 'misinformation', it is the truth. I suppose we could also include some of the white europeans as minorities as well, but most people don't seem to.

When you take into consideration these are minority populations, minorities are vastly overrepresented in acid attacks.

Dude let me highlight what you wrote

The vast majority of perpetrators are African Caribbean or Muslim [politely called Asian in many articles]
Considering we know that Afro Caribbean’s and Whites make up more than 70% and Asians only make up 6% you are misrepresenting the facts on a unimaginable rate.

this means the vast majority are not Asian.

Cybrwzrd

Anime waifu panty shots are basically the same thing as paintings of the french baroque masters, if you think about it.
Sep 29, 2014

I'm surprised that the white % is so high. Are local chavs the ones doing it or immigrants?

And you are telling me that a demographic that accounts for ~2% of England's population is doing 38% of the attacks.

Last edited:

OptimusApex

Jul 16, 2017
Yes, which... does not conflict with my sentence that you bolded. Granted, you only bolded half of it and ignored the 'or'.
It directly conflicts with your statement, you can’t say the majority of suspects are Asian when in reality they make up 6%

Below is what your statement should actually look like

The vast majority of perpetrators are African Caribbean or White These also account for the slight majority of victims.
Why attempt to leave out White people from the statistics? That was a very poor judgement call so you could misrepresent the Asian statistic.

Reactions: Blade2.0

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
I'm surprised that the white % is so high. Are local chavs the ones doing it or immigrants?

And you are telling me that a demographic that accounts for ~2% of England's population is doing 38% of the attacks.
Regarding the 38%, yes, which is why I was pointing out that it was a serious issue witj minority gangs, etc, before getting derailed because words like 'usually' and 'or' seem to be difficult on some today.

To answer your first question, my guess is immigrants, but only because they are grouped as 'white Europeans' and not as 'white British citizens' or somesuch. It's very, very difficult to suss out a lot of the racial aspects because articles seem to avoid the topic, or do odd groupings like 'white Europeans' or using Asian as an apparent substitute for Muslim.

Many acid attacks appear to be gang-related, which helps explain the rocketing number of cases in small areas of major cities.

Criminologists believe gang members may be swapping guns and knives for acid as a weapon of choice because possession is hard to monitor — but its impact on victims can be devastating.

Jaf Shah, of the Acid Survivors' Trust International, told The Sun: 'Per head of population, the UK has more male-on-male acid attacks than an other country in the world. The numbers may be even higher than we think.' SNIP

She said: 'I do fear that this is a hidden crime and that some of the victims are in fear of reprisal and don't come forward.'

the UK, though, the violence was predominately male-on-male (with some notable exceptions) and – according to former members and police – related to gang activity.

Primarily, acid attacks are used to settle disputes, enact revenge and rob people, increasing in number at a time when all violent crime is skyrocketing. Across England and Wales, 2017 saw a 22 percent rise in knife crime – the highest increase since records began – while gun crime rose 11 percent. The role of acid, then, seemed to be clear: to provide a cheap, easily concealed way of escalating violence in an already violent society.

The vast majority of cases never reach trial.

Dr Simon Harding, a criminologist and expert on gangs at Middlesex University, says acid is becoming "a weapon of first choice".

"Acid throwing is a way of showing dominance, power and control, building enormous fear among gang peer groups," he says.

Gang members know there are advantages in using acid to hurt someone rather than a knife because "the charges are more serious if you are caught with a knife and the tariff for prison sentences are much higher".

Dr Harding added that "acid is likely to attract a 'GBH with intent' charge while using a knife is more likely to lead to the attacker being charged with attempted murder"

"There's no specific offence of throwing acid. It's a harder offence to prove because there is rarely any DNA evidence and its much easier to dispose of a plastic bottle than it is a knife."

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Apr 9, 2009
I've been told to go back to my country too lol but I was lucky to just have a can of beer thrown at me.

Not really worried about acid attacks becoming the norm in US cities. People in the US are still much closer culturally than the whole muslim refugee dynamic going on in UK. Plus people here have easy access to guns so if they want to do a hate crime they can do it that way (and some have).

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
It directly conflicts with your statement, you can’t say the majority of suspects are Asian when in reality they make up 6%

Below is what your statement should actually look like

Why attempt to leave out White people from the statistics? That was a very poor judgement call so you could misrepresent the Asian statistic.
Are you for real?

You are ignoring context.

My original statement was
"It is usually minority on minority crime, usually gang related." [True statement]

You responded:
"Cant really call it minority on minority when 45% of the victims are white."
[False statement, since 45% is less than 50%, and I correctly said 'usually']

So... yes, in my followup statment defending my statement i only included minority groups because my original statement was about minority groups. Why would i would i add non-minority groups into the math, when they have nothing to do with my original statement?

That is, you are telling me my sentence should have read: "The vast majority of perpetrators are African Caribbean or White These also account for the slight majority of victims"

...but that would make no sense in context because we were not talking about all perps, but specifically talking about minority groups from the get go. I was defending my original statement, so listed the primary groups that made up the minority being discussed [in this case, African Caribbean and Asian]

Seriously dude. You have so far misread 'usually', 'or', and shown a complete failure on reading comprehension.

Your 'updated' version of what i should have said is only true if we if weren't already in a conversation specific to minorities. I left out whites because they are not generally considered minority, in fact, i even wrote: "I suppose we could also include some of the white europeans as minorities as well, but most people don't seem to" which highlights why i left them out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ikutachi

TeamGhobad

Oct 15, 2018
How come Japan manages to have anti-immigration while also having no violence to go with it?

Go ahead. Show me a single person Japan has killed from 1945 ~ 2019 in the name of border control?
americans are very impressionable.

Dec 15, 2011
Violence is never the answer.
Neither is trying to make one person accountable for the actions of another.

Both do lasting, often irreparable damage.

Reactions: Somnium

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
americans are very impressionable.
This ironically sounds like an argument in favor of restricted immigration.
Why be in favor of mixing two groups around if you know hostility exists between them?

This is not defending any current attacks on immigrants, but rather, preventing future ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonirenicus

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Jun 15, 2013
Something doesn’t sound.
Don’t understand why somebody would use the same method of attack as the people they would hold such hatred towards.

Mental issues for sure; but this type of attack just doesn’t happen like this in the USA.

Unless “white” is just being used as the catch-all term here. Would be interested to know the country of the attacker’s birth and their parent’s birth.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
It was planned. Not saying this particular guy was targeted, but if someone's got a jug of acid handy, you know something is up.

Interestingly, unless I missed it, nowhere does it say the attacker is White.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
This is a horrible crime and I hope they find and prosecute the perpetrator responsible for attacking this man with acid.

Joe T.

Oct 3, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
I'd love to find out why he was carrying acid around with him.

From a Fox News article on it: "[His roommate] Mohammad Ishtiwi described the 61-year-old man as antisocial and short-tempered..."

“The Southside of Milwaukee is famous for its Polish ancestry, it is also home to Native Americans, German-Americans, African-Americans, and Hmong-Americans, to name only a few. Today a young and growing Latino culture is taking root and blossoming into an integral part of our community. This shifting culture, that has allowed so many different peoples and ideas to call Milwaukee home, is one of the great strengths of our community."

CeroFrio996

privileged little shit
Jun 20, 2019
This ironically sounds like an argument in favor of restricted immigration.
Why be in favor of mixing two groups around if you know hostility exists between them?

This is not defending any current attacks on immigrants, but rather, preventing future ones.
"Separate but equal"

CeroFrio996

privileged little shit
Jun 20, 2019
So if I go to Japan and I demand they make me a citizen, they would have to do it or they're racist?

Or does this logic that only America is not allowed to have borders applies no where else on earth?
I'm not japanese, I'm American. And yeah Asian countries have a pretty long history of racism and racist policies.

btgorman

Jul 26, 2009
How come Japan manages to have anti-immigration while also having no violence to go with it?

Go ahead. Show me a single person Japan has killed from 1945 ~ 2019 in the name of border control?
You seriously do not want to compare US immigration policy with Japan immigration policy. You’ll make the US look good.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
I'm not japanese, I'm American. And yeah Asian countries have a pretty long history of racism and racist policies.
Lol. So the Japanese are racists for having borders then.

Geez, why is the only go to answer for immigration always "racism"? Why can't the answer just be about sovereignty?

I would be just as upset if a million Americans rushed the border and disrupted Canada. I would be upset if a million Germans rushed the French border and decided to disrupt their country.

What does this all have to do with race? Do you think the U.S border stops at Mexico? They border Canada too you know?

Last edited:

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
You seriously do not want to compare US immigration policy with Japan immigration policy. You’ll make the US look good.
Does Japan have 10 million illegal immigrants in their country, who demand special treatment and get to call the local citizens Nazis for refusing to worship them?

Because if not, I would take Japan's policies any day.

Last edited:

epicnemesis

May 9, 2008
One could argue trump emboldened these crazies, or maybe these crazies feel the need to take this upon themselves because half of America is moving towards a destructive open border policy.
Also possible, crazy person is crazy and is made crazier from the times we live in.

Sacred

Aug 22, 2018

Sorry I don't believe this for a second or your idiot statement about "pathetic white losers becoming more racist." That is a completely racist statement child, why add race at all?

Reactions: King of Foxes

Shrap

Aug 26, 2019
Pure scum. Acid attacks are cowardly and ruin people for life. Lock him up for a long time so he can get every colour in the rainbow kicked out of him, maybe then he'll realise racism is bullshit.