• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 3 Announced (Jan 2021)

GV82

Hope I can get this on Current Gen as it’s going to be a long while before I can afford next gen., I’d expect so. (Edit, yes yes it is as confirmed by ioi, also progression as requested & previous levels import over as per Hitman 2)

Then a few years from now when the new consoles get a big discount, i’ll play it again with less loading times.

Last edited:
The only game from the presentation I'd get day one. Hitman's promotional artwork has always been stylish, but damn did they knock it out of the park with this one. Le Samourai-esque.

Nixonomics

I've really fallen in love with the last 2 Hitman games in the recent months so this is exciting. The attention to detail in these games, dense level design and unique gameplay loop makes them incredibly memorable. If you haven't played either of the most recent Hitman games I'd highly recommend it. I've not found anything else that scratches the itch the Hitman games do.

Kadayi

Banned
Day fucking one. Last 2 Hitman games are dope. I was a bit concerned about how IOI had fared after a lot of talk of Hitman 2 underperforming, but I guess that's not the case (thank God). I think the gameplay is fantastic, and I absolutely love the challenge aspect but thing that really impresses me is the detail of the world-building they put into the games. You hear someone casually mentioned in one map as background chatter then they'll appear in another one, down the way.

Last edited:
505102.jpg

4k trailer

YCoCg

Yo, what? Link!?

I/O is the best if this is true. That is a crazy amount of value for people jumping into Hitman 3.
IOI Announcement Page

Playing the entire trilogy from beginning to end, from within HITMAN 3, also means that the progression systems in HITMAN 3 work across all locations. You can unlock an item in Dubai and take it with you to Paris, for example. Now that we’re talking about items and progression, we’re pleased to say that HITMAN 2 players will have the option to carry over their hard-earned unlocks and progression into HITMAN 3. This is something that players have been asking for and we’re delighted to confirm.

I wonder if they'll do the episodic like Hitman 1 or make it into a full game like Hitman 2.
Answered too...
When HITMAN 3 is released in January 2021, the entire campaign will be available to play, from the breathtaking start to the dramatic ending

Royal-Slime

Banned
It took them 9 years and two generations of consoles to implement the aiming gimmick from Hitman Absolution......... Anyway, pretty excited for the game. Not going to support EGS in any way, though. I hope the missions will be more orchestrated and less of a "choose your own adventure" type of thing. Hitman Absolution and Splinter Cell Conviction, Max Payne 3 are some of my favorite action games, and that comes from someone who usually doesn't like shooters and such. I hope PS5 generation will bring more linear games instead of this obsession with open-worlds...

bender

What time is it?
The diminishing hype for this iteration of the Hitman series is interesting. Seems like 3 is going completely under the radar.

Jada

Banned
It took them 9 years and two generations of consoles to implement the aiming gimmick from Hitman Absolution......... Anyway, pretty excited for the game. Not going to support EGS in any way, though. I hope the missions will be more orchestrated and less of a "choose your own adventure" type of thing. Hitman Absolution and Splinter Cell Conviction, Max Payne 3 are some of my favorite action games, and that comes from someone who usually doesn't like shooters and such. I hope PS5 generation will bring more linear games instead of this obsession with open-worlds...
What do you mean by “choose your own adventure”? The open ended nature of the Hitman games has been a signature staple of its design. I loved Absolution, but it wasn’t an authentic Hitman game.

The diminishing hype for this iteration of the Hitman series is interesting. Seems like 3 is going completely under the radar.

I've played every Hitman game. I pre-ordered both Hitman 1 and 2 and loved every moment with those titles. I'm passing on Hitman 3 because of the Epic Games Store exclusive deal. I get it, the EGS deal is good for independent studios and they have employees with families to look out for. Awesome, get that guaranteed money. But, that deal just feels like the studio speaking directly to me, "We don't need your money now. Thanks for the support!" So, I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Same situation like when Creative Assembly announced Total War: Troy as EGS exclusive. Own every game, pre-ordered their last three titles and then hit with "It's not about the money!" Yeah, it is.

bender

What time is it?
I've played every Hitman game. I pre-ordered both Hitman 1 and 2 and loved every moment with those titles. I'm passing on Hitman 3 because of the Epic Games Store exclusive deal. I get it, the EGS deal is good for independent studios and they have employees with families to look out for. Awesome, get that guaranteed money. But, that deal just feels like the studio speaking directly to me, "We don't need your money now. Thanks for the support!" So, I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Same situation like when Creative Assembly announced Total War: Troy as EGS exclusive. Own every game, pre-ordered their last three titles and then hit with "It's not about the money!" Yeah, it is.

The buzz and conversational tail of 1 was pretty crazy. It felt like 2 came and went in a blink. I mean, EGS might have something to do with 3 but the trend started prior to the exclusivity.

xrnzaaas

The fact that the game is only on the Epic Games Store has pissed off a lot of PC players. This is especially "bad" since it's the kind of game where content from all titles can be merged into one huge Hitman experience.

I wouldn't be very woried about the game going under the radar. It still has a sizeable hardcore audience. The only question is how many of these people play on PC and want to switch to EGS. Personally I'm a console player so it's definitely going to be a day1 purchase.

Last edited:

Jada

Banned

What’s difficult about buying the game from EGS?

bender

What time is it?
The fact that the game is only on the Epic Games Store has pissed off a lot of PC players. This is especially "bad" since it's the kind of game where content from all titles can be merged into one huge Hitman experience.

I wouldn't be very woried about the game going under the radar. It still has a sizeable hardcore audience. The only question is how many of these people play on PC and want to switch to EGS. Personally I'm a console player so it's definitely going to be a day1 purchase.

Storefront warriors are weird.
It's the same game for the third time. No wonder.

True. The trajectory is weird though and bad timing for IO.

What’s difficult about buying the game from EGS?

Nothing really except I don't really want yet another launcher as I already have Origin, Ubisoft, Rockstar's, Steam and GOG.

Personally, I think Tim Sweeney is a gigantic hypocritical cunt and not too keen on him trying to mobilize Fortnite kids in his giant corporate dick swinging contest.

I'm also very much against locking PC games to one store under the guise of "support tha devs!"

Personally I believe they fucked up the format. One being episodic never let the series hit the ground running and then 2 being 2 but also 1 is a bit confusing. You never want to make gamers confused, when your target audience is comprised of chronic masturbators with the attention span of a mango you HAVE to be clear about shit.

bender

What time is it?
Personally I believe they fucked up the format. One being episodic never let the series hit the ground running and then 2 being 2 but also 1 is a bit confusing. You never want to make gamers confused, when your target audience is comprised of chronic masturbators with the attention span of a mango you HAVE to be clear about shit.

The second containing the first but not the upgrades (I think) was always weird to me as well. It's like, can I delete the 1st game and reclaim 100GB or not.

Well the problem is the outrage ended up making things more confusing because 1 and 2 were delivered in totally different ways. If it wasn't for that, we would basically be on Hitman Season 3 instead, which would make much more sense. And we would have the option to buy levels individually.

Well the problem is the outrage ended up making things more confusing because 1 and 2 were delivered in totally different ways. If it wasn't for that, we would basically be on Hitman Season 3 instead, which would make much more sense. And we would have the option to buy levels individually.

Agreed, but once they caved it was GG, shit was never getting hype outside of the hardcore audience.

Nothing really except I don't really want yet another launcher as I already have Origin, Ubisoft, Rockstar's, Steam and GOG.

Personally, I think Tim Sweeney is a gigantic hypocritical cunt and not too keen on him trying to mobilize Fortnite kids in his giant corporate dick swinging contest.

I'm also very much against locking PC games to one store under the guise of "support tha devs!"
100% I am so tired of having multiple launchers installed. Put it on Steam or let me download it directly and call it a day.

Dazraell

It's reassuring that IO is aiming to reduce the file size. I recently looked at Hitman's 2 filesize on Steam and it was almost 150 GB. I will wait until H3 hits Steam though, will prefer to play it on the same library I have other games in the franchise.

Top Bottom