• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Opinion Analysis Trailer Hitman 3 Comparison - Xbox Series X vs Xbox Series S vs Xbox One X vs One S vs PS4 vs PS4 Pro vs PS5

assurdum

Aug 14, 2020
OT but why people in my ignore list continue to quote me with annoying gif? That's quite irritating.

Riky

My little VRR pleasure pearl goes vrrrooommm.
May 11, 2013
England

DF saying 4k Series X v 1800p on PS5, with higher shadows on Xbox 😎

Vtecomega

Apr 15, 2018
Why couldn't Sony add 16x AF to all BC games to the ps5 like Microsoft did with the Xbox? It honestly makes a shit loads of difference. Why is Sony always so far behind with this shit?

Reactions: VectorVictor

Allandor

Feb 8, 2018
Germany

DF saying 4k Series X v 1800p on PS5, with higher shadows on Xbox 😎
Just to underline it, the DF video:

Why couldn't Sony add 16x AF to all BC games to the ps5 like Microsoft did with the Xbox? It honestly makes a shit loads of difference. Why is Sony always so far behind with this shit?
Well, this is something I wish they would make optional on a per game basis. In some games, AF leads to "oversharped" images (at least IMHO). E.g. on PC I turn driver AF off, if the game does not set it by itself, because often it leads to that look. I often like the "developers" perspective on the games more. Yes I know it is no sharping-filter or something like that, but the textures get much clearer which make the image much more sharp.
But well in other games, it can really make a big difference (e.g. Mass Effect, xb360 -> xb1 it was a huge step).

Not if you want a better frame rate.
XSX drops as low as 40 fps.
it drops only under very specific circumstances. Most of the game is just 4k60.
But I really don't know why the difference between PS5 and SX is so big. Doesn't make a lot of sense.
Shouldn't be the CPU (that needs some more power) because on the old consoles, the cpu can reach >40fps. So the step to 60 should be minimal and no problem from the power targets perspective.
Another thing that comes to my mind is, that it might a BC game, because it directly supports starting part 1 & 2.

Last edited:

Riky

My little VRR pleasure pearl goes vrrrooommm.
May 11, 2013
England
I don't know where these guys got no HDR from on last gen Xbox consoles, I've just tried the Xbox One X version and HDR is present and correct in the settings menu.