• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 3 has 50% negative reviews on Steam

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Again the Hitman series had made a lot of money, it's time for those reviewers to get a life, ain't nobody on consoles dealing with those character, progression carry-over progress so I blame a lot of it on the PC "platforms" (epic game store, steam, gog etc.) if there was a gaming lawyer you and I know they got PC gamers in their pockets, you bought the game you deal with the problems knowing its on PC and you'll get those issues.

Paperboy

Steam and Epic has the same price (60€) for Hitman 3, where I live. Why would it be cheaper on Steam if they think they can sell it for 60€? A small launch sale is not unfamiliar, but they obviously know that people have eagerly awaited the Steam release.
Epic wouldn't keep buying time-limited exclusivity rights if publishers released their games on other stores for much cheaper as soon as the deal has ended.
IOI is an independent studio with only the Hitman-series in their active catalogue at the moment - can you really blame them for trying to maximise the profits? Not talking about the price of the Hitman Trilogy or why the DLC for the first two games weren't included. They have more or less given away the gold editions of Hitman 1 and 2 previously so the prices for them could definitely been lower, but they know new players would want those games for the VR mode.

Last edited:

Megatron

The issue is that some players waited a year for the game to come to Steam, and feel they ought to be compensated for waiting,
this part is ridiculous. I can see Square’s response. ‘Dear PC gamers, we wanted to take this time to thank you for refusing to buy our game on the gaming computer you already own because we didn’t put it on your launcher of choice. As thanks for not buying our game please accept this additional $30 off the Steam version.’

As a general rule, game companies don’t want ‘compensate’ you for not buying their game.

NoPiece

One of the reasons I didn't get it on epic (outside of it being epic) is that since I owned the prior two games on Steam and they had decided to be paid off for exclusivity rights to epic there solution for me was "too buy the prior games again on EPIC" to unlock the levels... wow thanks for the huge fuck you.

The VR is shit and there's no simple way to get the trilogy for people who already own hitman 1 and 2 on Steam.

They fucked it up so deserve to be told so.

IO did fix this after launching Hitman 3 on Epic. You can link your Steam purchase of Hitman 1 and 2 to your IO account, then add them to your Epic purchase of Hitman 3. I honestly think they intended this all along, it is just non-trivial to implement and took some time.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
so people bought the game to complain about the price

You know what...

Your right, holy crap lol Steam Reviews can only be left by people who have purchased the product on Steam or have at least redeemed it there.

I don't think everyone complaining about the price will have nought it dirt cheap from G2A or somewhere so this is pretty damn funny... I saw the price saw it was on gamepass and was like "download from Microsoft".

Last edited:
The six different packages - none of which contain everything (which would cost a small fortune) - really represents some of the scummiest behavior from a publisher I've seen in a long time. Let's not forget they also did away with regional pricing - even on the Epic store where they've had it for a year. And they're charging more now for the older games than they have at any time in the past.

AAA companies get a lot of shit, but no major publisher would ever pull something like this. I guess sometimes even the little guy can be a total dick.

Interfectum

Hitman 3 Steam is a bit of a mess right now tbh... it's full price and the community side is kinda dead (barely any contracts) because Hitman 3 is now split amongst three different communities on PC that don't share contracts, leaderboards, etc (Steam / Epic Game Store / Xbox PC). Shit is wack.

Last edited:

manfestival

Steam fans are the steamiest fans. I swear, all of that steam these people have. You would think they were all steamed up.

Top Bottom