• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 3 Progression detail and its some fun Bullshit for PC players (Full Launch Guide)

renzolama

I'm honestly surprised to hear that epic is still doing this exclusivity dealing. I thought that Tim had gotten bored with the failed effort to hurt steam and moved on to another aspect of his mental illness.

Nigel

3 times in a row they've messed up or struggled, yet I supported them because I love the series and the genre. Tired of doing so. They haven't made a good game since Blood Money anyway.

Mista

Banned

HITMAN 3 Players Won’t Have to Repurchase HITMAN 2 on EGS, IO and Epic Confirmed

IO Interactive:
We are continuing to work on a solution with our partners to allow PC players who own HITMAN 1 or HITMAN 2 to import locations from those games into HITMAN 3 at no additional cost.
We guarantee that players will NOT need to repurchase the games.
Until we roll that out in the coming weeks, the HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass will be free to own for all PC players who pre-purchase or purchase HITMAN 3 in the first 10 days after release.
We are so excited for you to enjoy the full World of Assassination experience.

Epic Games:
We never want players to feel forced to repurchase content on the Epic Game Store that they bought on another PC store so they can access features in a new game. We are working closely with IO Interactive and you will be able to access past content from earlier HITMAN games.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I was looking into this game, I'm glad the publishers went ahead and helped me make the decision to not buy it for me, money saved excellent.

Burger

What a shambles. If you want to play PSVR on your PS5 you need to have the PS4 version installed. I mean. GG Sony.

Dries

Okay... so now we will be able to transfer content for free if already owned on Steam? But does progression also transfer I wonder?

Last edited:
Okay... so now we will be able to transfer content for free if already owned on Steam? But does progression also transfer I wonder?

Pretty sure they already said that did - but it's a one time progression swap.

Just pre-ordered. Not a huge fan of this mess but I've always really liked IO (freedom fighters sequel pls). So don't feel bad doing this now it looks like it will be sorted.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Transferring player progression (xp, masteries, unlocks, challenges etc.) will be a free one-time operation and will be initiated through a website linked to your IOI account (my guess is they'll launch the website today or tomorrow). It will be separate from unlocking locations from H1 and H2 in Hitman 3. That's gonna happen through access passes and the passes can be free or paid (and of course there's more than one type of passes to make things more confusing ;)).

Last edited:

SCB3

Still waiting.

Classic scenario of them only being sorry they got caught.

More IOI realising they originally promised there would be no extra charge and it's really bad press to then do so

Again, I don't think this is a Epic issue or they're to blame here

Hargate

I think its exclusive to PSVR is because of the control scheme. They are using the dual shock with basic motion controls not the wands. Would PC VR players be happy having to play with a controller? I have a feeling that the PSVR version is just the beta.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I have no idea how to purchase this game as a Hitman 1 and 2 Steam owner. I guess I’ll just wait until it comes out in a Humble Bundle or something. This is far beyond simple.

Why do publishers feel a buying guide matrix is required these days

The PC situation is really dumb and should have been thought out earlier. Not sure why I have to wait apparent weeks to have access to the levels that I purchased. Goddammit, IO...

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I have no idea how to purchase this game as a Hitman 1 and 2 Steam owner. I guess I’ll just wait until it comes out in a Humble Bundle or something. This is far beyond simple.

Why do publishers feel a buying guide matrix is required these days
IOI's original plan was that you'd have Hitman 1 on EGS for free (assuming you've redeemed it) and you'd have to buy an access pass for Hitman 2 (for 80% off during the first 2 weeks), because Hitman 2 is not available in the EGS store. After the negative reaction from the fans they're apparently changing that. I'd wait and see how they'll resolve the situation if you're not desperate to play the game on launch day. Player progression shouldn't be problematic, but we're still waiting for the data transfer site to go live.

Overall IOI makes it look like they're not trying very hard to make the process smooth and painless and they're probably only reacting because some people started cancelling their EGS pre-orders for Hitman 3.

Last edited:

real1

I'm confused. I don't own any of the Hitman games. If I buy Hitman 3 on EGS, can I play 1 and 2 first via their access passes or whatever or not?

Thx Epic for that.
Not really. Pretty sure it's all on IOI for not being prepared, as evidenced by the current clusterfuck involved with carrying over progress from Hitman 2 (which is happening to all platforms, not just PC).

That said, we CAN thank Epic for keeping IO independent, rather than letting them be bought out by a certain conglomerate with more money than talent. :) One could even argue that the 007 deal wouldn't have happened if they were still under SE or another company.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
Don't reward this behavior or EGS money hats. Wait for the Steam launch and get it on a discount. The game will be in a better state with more content by then, too.

This. The only way to get developers and publishers from doing this is to ignore this store until they have something to offer that Steam hasn't.

Top Bottom