• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 3 surpasses its predecessor to claim No.1 (PS5 took nearly 50% of sales)

v_iHuGi

Banned

Hitman 3 surpasses its predecessor to claim No.1 | UK Boxed Charts.​

The PS5 version accounted for nearly half of the sales.​

Some new PS5 consoles were released in the market last week, which had a positive impact on a few titles. Spider-Man: Miles Morales is up 142%, jumping from No.12 to No.5, Demon's Souls re-enters the charts at No.35 with a 166% sales increase, and there were sales bumps for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (up 56% and driven by the PlayStation version) and Assassin's Creed Valhalla (up 7%, but with the PS5 version up 174%). In total, PS5 game sales increased 279% week-on-week.

Imagine when Stock is steady, nothing stops this train baby.

The PS5 version of the game was by far the dominant edition, accounting for 49% of sales. The Xbox version accounted for 27%, while the PS4 version made up 25%. Of course, this is just physical games, the majority of Hitman 3's sales will have taken place in the digital download space.

On Switch:

Another big riser was Ring Fit Adventure. The Nintendo Switch fitness game has frequently jumped up the charts during the pandemic whenever new stock comes into the market. The game rises to No.7 with a 47% sales rise.

Nintendo Switch also keeps being as massive as ever.

More at:

isoRhythm

Banned
Imagine when Stock is steady, nothing stops this train baby.
Woah ~75% of Hitman's sales were PS, and even more surprised that 50% were PS5. Doesn't this go against the idea that PS4 still has to be supported for a few more years because it has such a huge base?

Also the only Hitman game I've played was Absolution on the PS3 and thought it was pretty good. If anyone has played Hitman 3 and absolution, how do they compare?

Last edited:
Woah ~75% of Hitman's sales were PS, and even more surprised that 50% were PS5. Doesn't this go against the idea that PS4 still has to be supported for a few more years because it has such a huge base?

Also the only Hitman game I've played was Absolution on the PS3 and thought it was pretty good. If anyone has played Hitman 3 and absolution, how do they compare?
It's the same every generation, and yet publishers and studio's doggedly stick to the narrative that people aren't going to be eager to make the jump across as soon as possible.

The only games that should be cross gen beyond the first year are the casual titles like FIFA, Just Dance and COD, games people really don't care or even understand about the difference in hardware or graphics for.

Futurematic

Quite different in fundamental approach, superficially similar playing it with improvements to social stealth and instinct system.

However instead of linear levels with some different approaches allowed sometimes—great big sandbox levels for you to approach the murder puzzle box however you like.

Kerotan

I think ps4 gamers are holding off buying games until they get a ps5. 75% of physical hitman on playstation is crazy. Xbox rapidly losing mindshare. UK their second home just imagine other markets.

isoRhythm

Banned
It's the same every generation, and yet publishers and studio's doggedly stick to the narrative that people aren't going to be eager to make the jump across as soon as possible.

The only games that should be cross gen beyond the first year are the casual titles like FIFA, Just Dance and COD, games people really don't care or even understand about the difference in hardware or graphics for.
Well that just makes me more upset about Horizon FW being on PS4

I think ps4 gamers are holding off buying games until they get a ps5. 75% of physical hitman on playstation is crazy. Xbox rapidly losing mindshare. UK their second home just imagine other markets.
Yeah it's mind boggling its the UK, I remember them going wild for the 360

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

No, it doesn't at all.

You think devs want to just throw away 25% or more of their potential sales?

Beyond that these games take ages to make; much longer than the window they have for building next-gen with DevKits. They have engines, developer knowledge and skills, etc. devoted to the last-gen consoles, and they are at their peak of that knowledge.

So there's almost no reason not to launch cross-gen... as anything they build would already have a last-gen base of technology.

Last edited:
A console selling because of FOMO and scalpers will never sell more than a popular console with a lot of high quality exclusive games like Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, Animal crossing and many others. what game you can only play on PS5? Demon souls Demake?! lmao
tenor.gif

Gamerguy84

They can't make enough whether its getting the parts or other factors.

Glad to see you guys in EU start getting more of them. They were being one sided with US sales for a minute there.

LostDonkey

And I still can't get one because as soon as they become available, by the time you get it in your basket they're sold out. I don't know how people are doing it so fast.

isoRhythm

Banned
No, it doesn't at all.
PS4 Horizon sales will probably be trivial.
It's already 50% for this game and less than 10mil people have a PS5, by the time Horizon/GoW come out the base will be more than double what it is now. And Roufianos Roufianos brings this up, the sales will be abysmal on PS4 (just like they were on PS3 after a few months of PS4)

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
You just ignored a huge chunk of my point I isoRhythm lol

No offense, but I don't think you guys really understand the tech aspect or the business aspect.

It's not like these companies haven't experienced this same transition through a ton of generations and are just dummies and forum gamers are really the one's that understand.

Just think about the fact that a game "from scratch" nowadays, a large AAA game, takes more than half a decade to make. So the vast majority of games are just building on the tech of the previous game; that's also why the vast majority of games are sequels, because they can even borrow assets. So even if you think that 10's of millions of dollars lost (what losing just ~170k or so game sales represents) is "trivial" (it isn't), it's not really that POSSIBLE to make a true "next gen game" that quickly anyways.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Yes that's crazy, would be interesting to see the rest of the European figures because Xbox tends to fare less well in Germany, Spain, France and Italy.
lol not happening
18m PS5s to have been produced by the end of the year isn't it. I imagine Switch sales will begin to slow down soon.

Thirty7ven

Banned
*90% of PS5 consoles are sold to scalpers
*PS5 games all bombed because scalpers don't buy games
*Sony: BIGGEST LANUCH EVER!
*Sonyfans: BEST CONSOLE BEAST EVER!
You guys know that this is all PR talk right?

What the hell are you talking about? Are you ok? You are making 0 sense and just spreading bullshit so you’re either a moron or you need to see a doctor.

Elios83

Hopefully production will be ramped up as quickly as possible, it will be interesting to see how high demand is with proper stock. And it's clear it's huge.

What the hell are you talking about? Are you ok? You are making 0 sense and just spreading bullshit so you’re either a moron or you need to see a doctor.

Emmm this is what happens when certain Nintendo fans leave the Media Create threads :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Demon souls remake didn't even sell 20.000 copies in Japan despite the PS5 selling more than 200.000. PS5 games are bombing everywhere, that's why Sony are refusing to share the sales number.

So you’re talking about Japan, Demons Souls, sourcing some pictures from some site. And to top it off you think that scalpers buy the consoles and then store them in warehouses because they aren’t actually trying to sell them?

Stop embarrassing yourself, you sound ridiculous and desperate.

Last edited:

Rolla

Banned
Some new PS5 consoles were released in the market last week, which had a positive impact on a few titles. Spider-Man: Miles Morales is up 142%, jumping from No.12 to No.5, Demon's Souls re-enters the charts at No.35 with a 166% sales increase, and there were sales bumps for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (up 56% and driven by the PlayStation version) and Assassin's Creed Valhalla (up 7%, but with the PS5 version up 174%). In total, PS5 game sales increased 279% week-on-week.

b7c6787505468adbf8d8572b7d59d037.gif

NewChoppa

Banned
what game you can only play on PS5? Demon souls Demake?! lmao

The console is only a couple months old, my guy. Back when the Switch dropped literally the only thing worth playing was BOTW, so...

Not to mention you’re comparing a system that’s been out for 2 months to a system that’s coming up to its 4th year on the market, it’s fairly obvious the Switch has more on offer right now...

Last edited:

Elios83

Guys, stop having a tantrum and provide me with sales data that PS5 games are selling great anywhere, i will wait.

In the OP you have datas about the UK market for example?
Half of the total software sales of Hitman 3 were on PS5? Does that count as software sales for you?
Have you tried to read the OP before posting?

And to answer your question more globally, PS5 software is selling greatly everywhere but in Japan where there are no units (250k total installed base) and no games catered to the japanese tastes.
And infact you posted japanese related stuff in a UK sales thread.
Going back to the Media Create threads is probably the best for you.

Top Bottom