• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 3 will get Ray Tracing support with a post-launch update in 2021

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
13145.jpeg

Official statement:

"We’re happy and excited to announce that we are partnering with Intel to provide the best possible performance and optimization for our PC players in HITMAN 3.

Together with Intel, we are working to optimize the game for launch and beyond, with updates, tweaks and improvements coming throughout 2021 that will improve the experience of playing on a high-end PC and multi-core CPUs.

These optimizations include enhancing HITMAN 3 for PC players with 8+ core CPUs, for example you’ll be able to spot more crowds in Dubai or experience more complex destructibility in Dartmoor. We’re also introducing Variable Rate Shading (VRS), a technique that allows us to prioritize GPU resources where they have the biggest impact. On top of that, we will also implement Ray Tracing after the launch of the game, later in 2021.

We’re excited to continue our partnership with Intel and look forward to sharing more details of what PC players can look forward to with HITMAN 3."

47_Dartmoor-2048x1152.jpg

Last edited:

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
This "we are gonna finish our game after release" trend really getting out of control this new gen.
You could be right. Time will tell.

I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt atm since it takes time to learn the new consoles strengths and weeknesses, tools, maturity etc.

But if the status quo is the same in a couple of years, I will simply wait for sales along with a complete product especially since they are now asking £70 - game minimum for this new gen.

llien

Sooo.... Intel GPU optimised RT? They are supposedly planning to launch RT capable discreet GPUs within the next two years or so 🤷‍♂️

Remember that embarrassing AMD GPU dude named Raja? He's at Intel now...

3 GPU manufacturers all with different implementations of ray tracing is a nightmare.

We're going back to the 90's GPU wars bois.
Rather, we won't see anything but basic gimmicks that would be mainly notable for seriously dropping the frame rate.

We’re also introducing Variable Rate Shading (VRS),
There goes TAA and all its derivatives.... :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I'm so fucking excited for this I have to keep pretending it doesn't exist so I don't get too excited.

The main question we should be asking is this though: Why the fuck is the banding so bad in the officially released backgrounds for Hitman 3, I was going to cut him out and put him on a new background with proper gradients but then I realised that would be a waste of my life.

If anyone else would like that then I'll do it though, then it would only be a major waste of my time instead of total.

ratburger

I wonder what kind of 'optimizations' they're going to implement for Intel? Lots of AVX-512 instructions? No arrays, only hash tables to maximize cache misses?

Last edited:

YCoCg

Oh, so the PC version gets Ray Tracing when it launches in 2022? Cool. ;)

Also, as much as I love the HITMAN series and will sing praise for HITMAN 2, I'm starting to fear HITMAN 3 is just becoming a cash coup for the company, there's soo many deals made for this game, between EPIC exclusive and branding, PlayStation VR exclusive and now Intel Ray Tracing it feels like parts of the game are being auctioned off just so they can get money.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Q: Which enhancement were you most excited about to explore leveraging for Hitman 3 on Xbox Series X|S?

A: We see Hitman as a ‘live game’ and our launch date on January 20 is just the beginning of a journey, in which we’re going to keep working on the game and adding new features. It’s great that the GPU in the Series X|S has hardware support for Ray-Tracing. We’ve already started working on RT technology for the renderer in our Glacier engine, and once that’s deemed ready for prime time, we’ll definitely bring it to the Series X|S hardware.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned

Q: Which enhancement were you most excited about to explore leveraging for Hitman 3 on Xbox Series X|S?

A: We see Hitman as a ‘live game’ and our launch date on January 20 is just the beginning of a journey, in which we’re going to keep working on the game and adding new features. It’s great that the GPU in the Series X|S has hardware support for Ray-Tracing. We’ve already started working on RT technology for the renderer in our Glacier engine, and once that’s deemed ready for prime time, we’ll definitely bring it to the Series X|S hardware.

The ray tracing tech is a cool thing to see in slow paced games like Hitman.
I can't wait to some screenshots

Top Bottom