• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 5 viral marketing hints at E3 reveal [Hitman: Absolution]

Zenith

Banned
http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53301





Now a series of images that refer to Agent 47's signature barcode have appeared online, and have been extensively documented at Hitmanforum - with contributions from IO's community manager. It began with a mysterious ad in a catalogue at the Sundance Film Festival, showing a box of doughnuts, a barcode ending in 47, and a none-too-subtle brand of "Hitman Series".

Enquiries to the advertiser resulted in a forum member being sent an image of some paperwork, another barcode, and the signature black gloves. After some speculation, this was followed by yet another image, with yet another barcode.

The barcodes all end in 47, and one of them is very close to Codename 47's own - but nobody has quite worked out what it all means. IO's community chap is fanning the flames but won't confirm anything; the current guess is that it points to an E3 reveal.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/26478/news/new-hitman-game-teased-by-io/

Lots of ARG type things such as the email address of the advertsier being "youareontherighttrack@gmail.com".

The barcodes in the pics are the one from the back of 47's head except each time 2 digits are different.

Barcodes in pictures:

110509-040147
640709-040147
******-040147

47's barcode:
640509-040147

11, 07, ** with E3 starting 07/06/11.

I sharpened the image up and typed up the text

9. L01 EXT. BALCONY - GREAT LAKE COUNTRYSIDE - MORNING

Diana stands on the balcony overlooking the lake. She is holding the NECKLACE in her open hand before she squeezes it tight.

Diana
(whisper)
I hope you can forgive me for what we have done to you.

Diana's hand caresses a beautiful flower as she walks in from the balcony.

10. L02 INT. - NONDESCRIPT MOTEL ROOM - CITY OUTSKIRTS - MORNING 10

Hitman wipes down the room with a white cloth: door handles, telephone, bed table. He puts the cloth in the black plastic bag.

11. L02 INT. - BEDROOM - MORNING

DIANA
(whisper)
This is my last gift to you.

Diana sits on the bedside next to [crossed-out] (beautiful girl, 16), who is lying on the bed, she appears feverish. Diana bends over her and puts the necklace around her neck. - [crossed-out]

DIANA
(whisper)
I'm sorry.

12. L02 INT. - NONDESCRIPT MOTEL ROOM - CITY OUTSKIRT - MORNING 22

Hitman checks himself in a mirror. The iconic Hitman. Shoulder camera reveals his BAR CODE. He dusts off an invisible speck from his jacket and walks towards the door.

Gameplay: the player deals with the 2 guards outside as he sees fit.

Update #2: the 4th image.



all 3 images have included references to Toronto's CN tower. You can see it reflected in this one. The image contained a url in the metadata leading to this image, a screencap from a (CG?) sequence in the game:



Reveal coming Tuesday, June 7th, 2011
 

Dennis

Banned
And how dumbed down do we think this new game in the series will be in 2012?

Odds on getting a game as demanding and complex as Blood Money: low
 

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man i hope this turns out be truth, it's been like what 5 years since the last Hitman game? That's a long wait.
 

[Nintex]

Member
DennisK4 said:
And how dumbed down do we think this new game in the series will be in 2012?
I bet they'll use bright red glowing blinking markers to show that you can punch someone by pressing X in a QTE.
 

Angry Fork

Member
People should not be hyped for this. I'd love to be, but you know how this will turn out.

99% guarantee that you're gonna get some kind of 2-3 weapon limit, it's gonna be a complete reboot with a cover system, OTS view etc. all that stuff. Any and all stealth aspects will be gone. Some BS force multi-player and so on.

People thinking this is going to be a better version of Blood Money or have the same kind of fun gameplay elements and stealth aspects etc. are going to be in for a world of disappointment. I'm staying on the platform waving the hype train goodbye, if you get on the hype train it's going to crash, just warning you now.
 

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Was knda hoping they were waiting for the next-gen.

Then I remember that's another 3 years away and I say "fuck that".
 

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Angry Fork said:
People should not be hyped for this. I'd love to be, but you know how this will turn out.

99% guarantee that you're gonna get some kind of 2-3 weapon limit, it's gonna be a complete reboot with a cover system, OTS view etc. all that stuff. Any and all stealth aspects will be gone. Some BS force multi-player and so on.

People thinking this is going to be a better version of Blood Money or have the same kind of fun gameplay elements and stealth aspects etc. are going to be in for a world of disappointment. I'm staying on the platform waving the hype train goodbye, if you get on the hype train it's going to crash, just warning you now.

 

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
the only request I have - please make a save system that doesn't erase all your mission progress when you quit the game in the middle of the mission.

The game seemed to be quite cool but when I learned that you can't save you progress if you quit I loled and uninstalled the game.
 

Dennis

Banned
Kane and Lynch are terrible. Both games suck incredible amounts of ass.

It will never cease to amaze me how even though the prior successful games are complex, developers still have this insane unsubstantiated belief that dumbing down games will bring in a bigger audience.

I expect the next Hitman game to sick. They made two shitty K&L games after all.
 

rvy

Banned
Splinter Cell Conviction 2.0, calling it now. They're going to claim that a classic Hitman wouldn't sell well. And they're right.
 

derFeef

Member
DennisK4 said:
Kane and Lynch are terrible. Both games suck incredible amounts of ass.

It will never cease to amaze me how even though the prior successful games are complex, developers still have this insane unsubstantiated belief that dumbing down games will bring in a bigger audience.

I expect the next Hitman game to sick. They made two shitty K&L games after all.
Oh Dennis, you and your pessimistic magic crystal ball.
 

Dilly

Banned
I hope they make it a worthy follow up to Blood Money.

Then again, they fucked up most of my favourite IP's from Last Gen

Max Payne 3
Splinter Cell Conviction
Mafia II, not that worse but it could have been better
 

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
rvy said:
Splinter Cell Conviction 2.0, calling it now. They're going to claim that a classic Hitman wouldn't sell well. And they're right.

Conviction sold (only) 1,9 million copies.
 

derFeef

Member
Dilly said:
I hope they make it a worthy follow up to Blood Money.

Then again, they fucked up most of my favourite IP's from Last Gen

Max Payne 3
Splinter Cell Conviction
Mafia II, not that worse but it could have been better
Where, what? Did I miss something?
 

Zenith

Banned
I sharpened the image up and typed up the text

9. L01 EXT. BALCONY - GREAT LAKE COUNTRYSIDE - MORNING

Diana stands on the balcony overlooking the lake. She is holding the NECKLACE in her open hand before she squeezes it tight.

Diana
(whisper)
I hope you can forgive me for what we have done to you.

Diana's hand caresses a beautiful flower as she walks in from the balcony.

10. L02 INT. - NONDESCRIPT MOTEL ROOM - CITY OUTSKIRTS - MORNING 10

Hitman wipes down the room with a white cloth: door handles, telephone, bed table. He puts the cloth in the black plastic bag.

11. L02 INT. - BEDROOM - MORNING

DIANA
(whisper)
This is my last gift to you.

Diana sits on the bedside next to [crossed-out] (beautiful girl, 16), who is lying on the bed, she appears feverish. Diana bends over her and puts the necklace around her neck. - [crossed-out]

DIANA
(whisper)
I'm sorry.

12. L02 INT. - NONDESCRIPT MOTEL ROOM - CITY OUTSKIRT - MORNING 22

Hitman checks himself in a mirror. The iconic Hitman. Shoulder camera reveals his BAR CODE. He dusts off an invisible speck from his jacket and walks towards the door.

Gameplay: the player deals with the 2 guards outside as he sees fit.
 

Foffy

Banned
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
It'd be awesome if KL3 and Hitman 5 cross over into some batshit insane missions.

Don't they exist in the same universe, anyway? I know the events of Kane and Lynch are referenced in Blood Money's newspapers, though their beta/nicknames were used.
 

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
It'd be awesome if KL3 and Hitman 5 cross over into some batshit insane missions.

I hope there's a mission where I get to kill Kane and Lynch so I never have to see them again.
 

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys if Deus Ex can get a sequel in 2011 that is apparently as complicated as the original then i'm not too worried about Hitman 5, specially since they have the same publisher. Of course IO latest products haven't been received particulary well so who knows how the next Hitman game will turn out.
 

Angry Fork

Member
derFeef said:
Where, what? Did I miss something?
Sunny Brazil, Cover system/OTS, fat and bald, nuff said really. If it ain't New York, Night, and Noir then it ain't Max Payne.

Max Payne 1/2 are in my top 5 favorite games of all time and I would kill for a sequel, but only a sequel done right. My only hope is that Rockstar has either canceled Max Payne 3 so it can never see the brazilian light of day, or they've changed it to what it should be. Fuck change and 'evolution'. Most overrated ridiculous phrases this gen, it's caused nothing but the ruining of almost all great franchises.
 

Double D

Member
Criminal Upper said:
I never played Blood Money, only Hitman 1&2.

Is it good?

One of my favorite games ever. I have replayed every level in the game countless times, own it on multiple platforms, and one of the few games I have s-ranked.
 

Foffy

Banned
Gexecuter said:
Hey guys if Deus Ex can get a sequel in 2011 that is apparently as complicated as the original then i'm not too worried about Hitman 5, specially since they have the same publisher. Of course IO latest products haven't been received particulary well so who knows how the next Hitman game will turn out.

Their Hitman games are always their best titles. Neither Kane and Lynch had the awesome feel that the Hitman game implores. In fact, Kane and Lynch features the worst aspects of the Hitman games (firefights) as the main feature of both games.
 

derFeef

Member
Angry Fork said:
Sunny Brazil, Cover system/OTS, fat and bald, nuff said really. If it ain't New York, Night, and Noir then it ain't Max Payne.

Max Payne 1/2 are in my top 5 favorite games of all time and I would kill for a sequel, but only a sequel done right. My only hope is that Rockstar has either canceled Max Payne 3 so it can never see the brazilian light of day, or they've changed it to what it should be. Fuck change and 'evolution'. Most overrated ridiculous phrases this gen, it's caused nothing but the ruining of almost all great franchises.
I know I know, but I doubt, erm, hope, that this game does not exist anymore and they reworked everything. You just made it sound like the game is out already.
 

I'm sure a more talented poster will include the Hitman logo somewhere :p

Let's hope they don't Tom-Clancify this one.
Gravijah said:
i hope they make this game easier for us n00bs! hehe

oh and change that main character too please

he needs a beard or something
Trollface Maximus.
 

Gravijah

Member
i hope they make this game easier for us n00bs! hehe

oh and change that main character too please

he needs a beard or something
 

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Gravijah said:
i hope they make this game easier for us n00bs! hehe

oh and change that main character too please

he needs a beard or something

NO! A professional assassin must always be clean and shaved.
 
Top Bottom