• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Absolution GOTY coming to PS4?

http://www.micromania.fr/vente/achat_hitman-absolution-goty_Jeu-53734-PS4.html

Micromania (biggest french retailer, subsidiary of Gamestop) just confirmed me that Hitman Absolution GOTY is coming to PS4 late 2013. The game is available for pre-order on their website : link

Here is the mail I sent and their reply :
BSWuhMmCIAIKhxe.png:large

Translation :

"Hello,

I'd like more information about "Hitman Absolution GOTY" on PS4 that you sell on your website. I'm pretty much interrested but I haven't heard any announcement from the publisher and also the "PEGI 7" is very surprising as the PS3 version is PEGI 18.

Please confirm if I can pre-order it safely or if it's an error"

"Hello,

the publisher confirmed us the future release of this game

Sincerely"

I can't post threads so feel free to make one if you think the news is interresting enough (sorry about my bad english also)

Did Hitman Absolution have any DLC? A GOTY edition without any DLC would be a bit weird.

There was talk of Tomb Raider on Xbox One I think? Perhaps both are getting GOTY editions on next-gen

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Did Hitman Absolution have any DLC? A GOTY edition without any DLC would be a bit weird.

There was talk of Tomb Raider on Xbox One I think? Perhaps both are getting GOTY editions on next-gen
Injustice GOTY appeared on a retailers site for PS4/XO the other day, too

Is this how the late games for current gen make the next gen port? Just call it The GOTY Edition?

Hitman Absolution: GOTY Edition
Tomb Raider: GOTY Edition
Injustice: Gods Among Us: GOTY Edition
The Last Of Us: GOTY Edition

Those are four I can think of that are either rumored or that are feasible to try...

Foffy

Banned
Maybe they'll fix the Instinct and disguise system? On PC, there was an injectable fix that made the detection similar to older games, but IO patched the game and that no longer works.

I expect so many games to have GOTY/Complete/Ultimate versions on next gen this year and next...

Hitman, Tomb Raider, Infinite, TLOU, GT6, Pupetteer, GTAV, Beyond, Injustice, etc are all possibilities.

Fill in gaps for the next gen between big releases. Will be much smoother than their current gen versions and for developers that means easy port and easy money.

Nibel

This must be a nightmare

Only bald-headed dude I want to associate with PS4 is the inFamous Second Son producer

SJRB

Gold Member
A GOTY edition used to mean something, a title reserved for the absolute best.

...and now there's a Hitman GOTY edition. What the fuck.

Theecliff

Banned
Honestly, if there's any Square Enix published late gen game that I'd like to see get a next gen port, it's Sleeping Dogs. It ran fine on the PS3 (at least in comparison to a lot of late gen multiplatform games) but from what I've seen the PC version looks absolutely great.

The checkpoint system has such a fundamental design flaw, I can't believe they didn't fix that during development.

definitely feels like an engine limitation... and by a certain point, it was too late.

still no excuse why costumes are more often than not, worse than just going around out of disguise.

Skeff

Is this how the late games for current gen make the next gen port? Just call it The GOTY Edition?

Those are four I can think of that are either rumored or that are feasible to try...

Well with no BC this could be good depending on the price. $40 or £30 rrp's will be nice and really extend the Library. In particuar I can see TLoU as an important title as that was PS3 exclusive so anyone currently on 360 would see that as a new and very impressive title for PS4.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
List of Hitman: Absolution DLC.

Weapon: Agency Jagd P22G
Weapon: Agency SPS 12
Weapon: Agency HX UMP
Weapon: Bartoli Custom Gun
Weapon: Krugermeier 2-2 Gun
Weapon: Bronson M1928 Gun
Weapon: Deus Ex (Adam Jensen) Handgun

Outfit: High Tech Disguise
Outfit: High Roller Disguise
Outfit: Public Enemy Disguise
Outfit: Deus Ex (Adam Jensen) Disguise

That's it.

Pardon my French, but Hitman Absolution is Hitman Abolutelyfuckingshit. Game of the year my arse.

Thanks PS+, for ensuring that I didn't spend money on that festering pile of horse excrement.

Sojgat

That's it.

None of which are actually even usable during the SP campaign right?

Absolution isn't as bad as people make it out to be, but calling this a Game Of The Month edition would still be pushing it.

I kinda liked Absolution, that said , aren't GOTY editions usually games with all the DLC included ? Hitman had what, a couple lame preorder costumes and guns , all only usable in the contracts mode ? It costs like 4 bucks to buy all DLC, yet noone buys them anyways cause you don't need a different gun skin or costume for 47 anyway.

I mean, when I see something like Red Dead Redemption GOTY, I'm happy because I know I get the full Singleplayer with all Preorder Stuff, the Multiplayer with all Patches and Undead Nightmare DLC... Basically everything in a convinient package, but Hitman... Meh. And honestly, did any publication name Hitman Absolution as their game of the year anyways ?

Edit : I just checked and tried to find a "Game of the Year" by any famous publications. The game is a resounding success indeed.

There's Gametrailer's "Most Dissapointing game of the year" award . I suppose you can edit it to appear as "Most ... Game of The Year (Gametrailers)" on the box jacket XD :

http://www.hitmanforum.com/index.ph...ution-is-most-disappointing-game-of-the-year/

1UP calls it one of their favorite games of 2012. They could always quote that too.
http://www.1up.com/news/1up-favorite-games-2012-hitman

The only mention of Game of the Year comes from the somewhat obscure "XGN", Aka Xtreme Gaming Network , who voted for it as GOTY... Never heard of Xtreme Gaming Network, but I guess it's "Xtreme" enough for them to call it the "Game of The Year" Edition indeed XD. I mean, one obscure publication rated it GOTY, so it's GOTY material indeed.

Oh and there's a guy that made a blog calling it his GOTY too, dayum, it's on a roll :
http://preparationsforbirth.wordpress.com/2012/12/23/game-of-the-year-2012-6-hitman-absolution/

That's it.

the krugermeier, makin copies

BibiMaghoo

The game was my GoTY :/

But this must be false, the game has only crappy cosmetic DLC. I had lots of fun with Sniper Challenge, but that does not make anywhere near enough for a collection.

SJRB

Gold Member
this can't be more than $20.

Still 15 bucks too expensive.

This game is just, damn.. I tried finishing it. Three times now, and every single time I just throw away the controller and say "fuck this". The whole Dexter Industries level is just one big "fuck you".

So many baffling design choices. I'd love to read a post-mortem on this. What the hell were they thinking with the checkpoint system, lack of manual save, outfit mechanic, etc.

Gamerloid

This game was just on PS+. Anyone that wanted it would probably have gotten it then. Plus some that did get it for free didn't like it.

I'll take Tomb Raider and The Last of Us

This would be bizarre considering PS3 PS+ subscribers just picked up Absolution as part of the Instant Game Collection just a few weeks back. I believe it even had some weapon/outfit DLC attached to it as well.

Edit:
This game was just on PS+. Anyone that wanted it would probably have gotten it then. Plus some that did get it for free didn't like it.

Beaten.

Hopefully they will use the extra time since the 360/PS3/PC release to perhaps fix it a bit and maybe add some of the content that was cut.

I doubt its coming this year anyway.

What I really want is that Deus Ex: HR Directors Cut on next-gen...

You guys are way too hard on this game. Yeah, it's not GOTY quality, but it's an alright game. Stealth and cover work better than in any other Hitman game. Some of the scenarios are boring and the combat kind of breaks that stealth immersion, but I played through almost every mission in that game without ever engaging the enemies and there was still a good time to be had doing that. Regardless, it's not a game I'm ever going to play through again and, as such, one of the last games that I'd like to see a next gen port of. Now Far Cry 3 on the other hand.

Jackpot

Banned
Maybe they'll fix the Instinct and disguise system? On PC, there was an injectable fix that made the detection similar to older games, but IO patched the game and that no longer works.

Unfortunately you quickly realise half the levels take seconds without it (thanks to so many missions being linear corridors without even an assassination target) so it feels janked either way.

Top Bottom