• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman: Absolution |OT| Police do not suspect Blood Money is involved.

Haunted

Wow, the checkpoint system in this is really bad. What's wrong with quick save and quick load? The current system punishes experimentation and trying out routes etc except if they're at the very start of the level. :( If I aced the section and I'm happy with that, I want to save that progress, not unnecessarily having to repeat what I already did several times while figuring out the next section.

I really like the disguises system in theory, but non-security personnel are just way too suspicious of you. It makes them and the world feel really gamey and mechanical instead of it feeling real. Fucking Chinatown cooks screaming murder at me from halfway across the map? Mind your own fucking business you bastards.

Game looks really beautiful, though. They finally nailed his head being pretty much perfectly round. :lol

Derrick01

Banned
Good to hear about the disguise fix at the very least. Seems like by the time I get this on PC the patch will (hopefully) be there.

Haunted

Ah, something I complain a lot about in other games, so it bears mention when a game actually pulls it off well - some of the NPC faces are really great. There's a lot of people and a lot of distinct, unique faces that are modelled well. So many games have a huge difference between main characters and nameless NPCs (and it's also noticeable here, with featured models like Dexter, Lenny or 47 being a step above the rest), but not nearly as jarring as in other games.

Taruranto

I'm still at the same mission i was two weeks ago. Really don't feel like continuing at all.

I'll probably just replay Blood Money.

_RT_

Has anyone had problems getting trophies on the PS3?
I've completed missions and should have received the trophy and didn't. Not sure why.

The regular edition has dropped to £19.99 for 360 and PS3 on Amazon.co.uk. Low enough for me to give it a shot.

(You'll also get the sniper thingy and £2 Amazon MP3 credit, or at least I did)

Yeah, I noticed that. That is a seriously fast price-drop, no? I mean, it's only out about 3 weeks, max.

Haunted

This game has some really great moments. End of the Road was fantastic. I also loved the ring entrance... but then they botched my positivity with one of the worst "boss battles" I've ever played. Shitty boring QTEs repeated several times, looking janky as fuck who in their right mind thought that was a good idea? Absolution has some good highs for sure, but there's a shitton of low lows as well.

Yeah, I noticed that. That is a seriously fast price-drop, no? I mean, it's only out about 3 weeks, max.
It is.

On an unrelated sidenote - does anyone know of a good let's play with commentary of someone playing the game well? I've looked through some Youtube channels and it seems like almost everyone went through it Rambo-style. :/

Yeah, seriously fast. Can't bode well.

I pretty much only buy games after they drop below that threshold, so generally I'm a year behind, although there are some games that take longer than that.

Why does the patch remove the online pass for contracts mode on ps3?

A bit odd no?

Doesn't it just come with the game now (or at least, is part of a patch)? I thought the point was to make it clearer that it's now free to play.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This game has some really great moments. End of the Road was fantastic. I also loved the ring entrance... but then they botched my positivity with one of the worst "boss battles" I've ever played. Shitty boring QTEs repeated several times, looking janky as fuck who in their right mind thought that was a good idea? Absolution has some good highs for sure, but there's a shitton of low lows as well.

It is.

On an unrelated sidenote - does anyone know of a good let's play with commentary of someone playing the game well? I've looked through some Youtube channels and it seems like almost everyone went through it Rambo-style. :/

That ring thing is super weird from multiple points, but atleast you can do the mission in other ways and still get SA. I have no idea how 47 was able to legitimately win that fight, lol.

BibiMaghoo

Not sure how it works on PS3 but you can just go into the mode for 360, they didn't want an online pass pretty last minute.

On ps3 it was literally an online pass. Second hand buyers could buy it from the store to access contracts mode. In fact they still can, its on the store right now lol.

A bit odd I though considering there is no online play.

So 360 version never had one?

Haunted

That ring thing is super weird from multiple points, but atleast you can do the mission in other ways and still get SA. I have no idea how 47 was able to legitimately win that fight, lol.
Nah, that's fine. What bothered me more was the cutscene incompetence at the hotel. Hate it when I play perfectly then get beat up in a cutscene.

netBuff

On ps3 it was literally an online pass. Second hand buyers could buy it from the store to access contracts mode. In fact they still can, its on the store right now lol.

A bit odd I though considering there is no online play.

So 360 version never had one?

The PS3 online pass on the store is free since release, they are now probably just removing the check as well - I never had to use the included code.

Will be released tomorrow according to Nixxes. One of the things they tweaked is the disguise parameters for Professional difficulties.

stn

So I finished the prologue and chapter 1. The checkpoint system is awful, its something that absolutely isn't suited for this type of game. The constant score-tracking also kills some of the immersion. I'm having fun overall but its a step down from Blood Money.

Still, its great to be playing Hitman again even if Absolution isn't my ideal version of a sequel. Its pretty solid, still.

rvy

Banned
People still experience the save data corruption bug even after applying the patch on PS3 and PC. No ETA for Xbox, it's up to Microsoft.

Interfectum

PC patch notes:
- Added option to lower or disable Bloom effect
- 'Change Cover' action can now be mapped on a separate key.
- Country leaderboards are now in the correct language
- Weapon selector doesn't appear when point shooting anymore
- Pausing game doesn't skip cutscenes anymore
- Slightly improved general performance
- Performance improvements for MSAA and HBAO
- Fixed King of Chinatown behavior
- Disabled use of all DirectInput devices (as they are unsupported)
- The disguise parameters on ‘Professional’ difficulties have been tweaked.
- Difficulty adjustments
- Displayed high scores are now selected from all difficulty levels.
- Fix for negative scores
- Fixed disappearing user interface on AMD HD 3650

DKehoe

Gold Member
Sad to hear that :/ I'm lucky that my didn't get corrupted

Thanks, hope it doesn't happen to you. Anyone know if the fix is somehow going to recover my save or is it gone forever? Was thinking I'd just stick it on easy and shoot my way back to the point I was at. But I don't want starting a new game to jeopardise my old save if there is a chance of getting it back.

Thanks, hope it doesn't happen to you. Anyone know if the fix is somehow going to recover my save or is it gone forever? Was thinking I'd just stick it on easy and shoot my way back to the point I was at. But I don't want starting a new game to jeopardise my old save if there is a chance of getting it back.
I think it's gone for good. I want that patch asap as I want to be able to enjoy the game without the constant fear of losing everything again.

Jubbly

Pre-Patch 680 SLI Performance:

hma2012-11-2106-57-05tgu9o.png

Post-Patch 680 SLI Performance:

O6FiT.png

Max settings, 1920x1080, 4xMSAA

So what's the word on the disguise tweaks?
I'm on the 360, so I haven't been able to check out the differences myself.

The Train Station level was ludicrous with the way the system works. I stood in place spinning like an idiot so I wouldn't be spotted from multiple angles.

If any PC players try a professional level difficulty setting tonight after applying the patch, I'd be curious to know the difference with disguises.. being instantly identified as a fraud makes it a bit harder than it should be to progress.

So what's the word on the disguise tweaks?
I'm on the 360, so I haven't been able to check out the differences myself.

The Train Station level was ludicrous with the way the system works. I stood in place spinning like an idiot so I wouldn't be spotted from multiple angles.
The patch hasn't been released on the 360 yet.

Mr Swine

Banned
I don't know personally as I've not touched it since I got the plat, but according to hitmanforum (or at least the ones that wanted the disguise sensitivity toning down) it is much better on the pro difficulties. I'll give contracts a go later maybe to test for myself.

http://www.hitmanforum.com/index.ph...-ps3-actually-makes-a-difference/page__st__60

I don't know, I'm at the last level and I still get discovered as fast as it was before I downloaded the patch

I don't know, I'm at the last level and I still get discovered as fast as it was before I downloaded the patch

Yeah I kinda wondered whether it was a placebo effect, but I guess if it's in the patch notes they must have tweaked it a little - probably not enough though, and at this stage the damage is done.

Top Bottom