• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Absolution Screenshots

Not sure if these are legit, but Game.ru are claiming these are in-game shots.

lgn2H.jpg

kz0nV.jpg

Hmm. Not much to take away apart the visuals look good.

ZombieFred said:

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Bullshot lighting...
Also, what is he doing up there in the second screenshot?
I've got a bad feeling about this game.

Mest30

Banned
I hope we get a release date or timetable come E3. Definitely my most anticipated game other than UC3. Please don't suck, though.

eso76

looks good, but seeing him up there in the second shot makes me think of a more splintercellesque kind of action/stealth.

quick edit: anyway, nice to see the game is up to date in the graphics department, i almost skipped the entire series due to the games looking more or less like shit

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
The style looks amazing. That's the Agent 47 I know!

EDIT: It looks like that location to be in England? That checker pattern security hat is normally related to our Police force in this country.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looks good. I don't mind them making the gameplay more expansive as long as they keep the 'silent assassin' idea.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Alright so all that is left now is to hope they didnt take the SC conviction route and made it dumbed down and have the game play itself. Yes I said it.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Mest30 said:
If Ezio can get to half the places he does, Agent 47 can get up there.
I'm worried that they're looking too much to current trends and we'll get Hitman's Creed: Conviction.

Sethos

Banned
My body is ready.

Oh and they better have that awful ragdoll fixed, that was a complete immersion killer every. single. time.

bjaelke

ZombieFred said:

EDIT: It looks like that location to be in England? That checker pattern security hat is normally related to our Police force in this country.
Must be some security outfit since he can stand there with his gun drawn!

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I guess by the looks of it, he could of got to that level from the ledges around the roof, or the second/third floor?

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
ZombieFred said:

Looks like the English style police uniforms... Could be Australian.

Munin

Going by those screens that comment about making the game "darker" hopefully did not mean to suggest that most missions now take place in under-lit abandoned places, warehouses and similar stuff.

derFeef

ZombieFred said:
I guess by the looks of it, he could of got to that level from the ledges around the roof, or the second/third floor?
Yep. A bit more mobile 47 is not a bad thing imho.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Sethos said:
My body is ready.

Oh and they better have that awful ragdoll fixed, that was a complete immersion killer every. single. time.

But it was hilarious!

ZombieFred said:

It's mainly based on Chicago/US, so it must be a US uniform. I've seen mention of it being a Detroit police uniform.

Jb

I hope the game has some more colourful environments, and that they don't try to go for the "Contracts" style grittiness.
Still ridiculously hyped though.

Krev said:
Bullshot lighting...
Remember this game has a PC version (DX11 enabled I assume), which is likley what these screens are from.

Looks prety amazing visually, the Hitman games usually do look fairly nice though. I'm really hoping they stick to the play style of the previous titles, where you're given freedom to execute the hit the way you best feel, with heavy emphasis on stealth and cautionary progression. That's how the last games managed to feel different from anything else on the market.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Speedymanic said:
It's mainly based on Chicago/US, so it must be a US uniform. I've seen mention of it being a Detroit police uniform.

Could be right there, the fire hose in the first picture would make sense for it to be a possibility. But I wouldn't rule out to be visiting other countries due to how the other Hitman games going across the globe (with most of the levels in some to be set in America after-all)

derFeef said:
Yeah, clearly. It looks exactly like that.

Not looks, more gameplay. Based solely on the screenshots it looks like hunting / stalking in the darkness could play a big part in the game

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Appollowexx said:
Remember this game has a PC version (DX11 enabled I assume), which is likley what these screens are from.
Ah. Good point.
Appollowexx said:
Looks prety amazing visually, the Hitman games usually do look fairly nice though. I'm really hoping they stick to the play style of the previous titles, where you're given freedom to execute the hit the way you best feel, with heavy emphasis on stealth and cautionary progression. That's how the last games managed to feel different from anything else on the market.
We'll know in a few days.
With the way the 'AAA' market is going and the the main minds behind Blood Money no longer working at IO I'm worried they'll abandon a bit of that, but to be fair these screenshots suggest Hitman more than Kane & Lynch, which is reassuring.

derFeef

Keyser Soze said:
Not looks, more gameplay. Based solely on the screenshots it looks like hunting / stalking in the darkness could play a big part in the game
So, like previous Hitman games :)

zoukka

Hmm I dunno what is going on in the second shot, but his head looks really realistic. Doesn't gave that "gamey" sculpted look to it at all.

Might just be the small-ass shot :b

-BLITZ-

At least we know he is back wearing his old style suit. 47 body conformation looks good, like real man.

derFeef said:
So, like previous Hitman games :)

Sure, but hiding in plain sight was the funnest part of Hitman games imo. The more memorable missions were when were standing right in front of you target (disguised) waiting for the right moment to pull the trigger.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
"it's still a humorous game in many ways, but every location is very, very dense with detail. But since it's a game about exploring with a lot of stealth and slow-paced game play, a lot of things we needed to build locations that are extremal rich in detail to be able to have enough detail for the players to stick around a long time to explore the environments and characters. "

This sounds like Hitman to me and not a "convictioned!" Sounds like they've made it accessible around the difficulties so it's more open up to players to enjoy, while the "hardcore" can play it as it is in the given options that will be (old school hitman difficulty?)

Munin

The interview does not sound good at all. "Less punishing game" "take control more often" "cinematic experience hollywood cast blah blah" "AI based on trying to entertain the player"

Top Bottom