• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Absolution Screenshots

ZombieFred said:
Improving shooting mechanics to those players who wish to be like that is going to ruin its Identify, like how the options presented before (rifles, machines gunes, FPS mode, alert presence, how some of the story set pieces had action orientated moments as an option; gun fight in heaven and hell, Russian Hitman Silent Assassin, Credits of Blood Money, and so fourth? Come on now....
Yes, exactly my point.
With increasing focus on shooting elements they are losing track of what made hitman special in the first place.

Enkidu

Gilgamesh said:
Whether or not they're successful at it is an entirely different story. The concept isn't flawed.
In the case of Hitman I'd say it is a bit flawed. A big part of Hitman is that once you get to the "action" part it was usually as good as game over. The idea that the game should give you more options to be an action hero is ridiculous because that's not what the game is about and if IO wants to turn it into that kind of game I think I am free to complain about that decision.

derFeef

Ahoi-Brause said:
Yes, exactly my point.
With increasing focus on shooting elements they are losing track of what made hitman special in the first place.
Increasing focus on shooting? *skims interview*
Where?

derFeef said:
Increasing focus on shooting? *skims interview*
Where?
Everything they said so far hinted at this.
And again, I don't even get what your point is in the first place?

I just want a game that builds up on blood money's streghts and broadens from that base, and not some MORE ACCESSIBLE HOLLYWOOD LESS PUNISHING approach.
If hitman wasn't accessible to you in the first place you should look for a different series.
Because the only thing that could've prevented people from accessing the game was the idea it's based upon. If you take that away or mess with it to make it more accessible for the CoD crowd you have nothing left.

Dabanton

Watched the rest of that interview.

They have some good ideas for this. Stealth is still very important it seems as is exploration love the fact that stages will be even more detailed, but just like the old games you can if you want to get a low rating and play like a psycho.

Messi

Ahoi-Brause said:
Everything they said so far hinted at this.
And again, I don't even get what your point is in the first place?

I just want a game that builds up on blood money's streghts and broadens from that base, and not some MORE ACCESSIBLE HOLLYWOOD LESS PUNISHING approach.
If hitman wasn't accessible to you in the first place you should look for a different series.
Because the only thing that could've prevented people from accessing the game was the idea it's based upon. If you take that away or mess with it to make it more accessible for the CoD crowd you have nothing left.

Or the horribly unwieldy controls. As much as I love hitman, I got to admit that much.

The hollywood part feels like its going to be story mocap and such which does not bother me. The more accessible plart to me means making the controls less complex (while not removing your abilitys)

I do worry that in that interview they say there E3 demo is you on the run from the police. How are you suppose to kill a contract if you are on the run?

SketchTheArtist said:
If they're using the same engine as K&L2, it'll look as good as the screens posted there.

Can't wait!

Entirely new engine. K&L2 was still running on their old Glacier tech from way back.

SketchTheArtist said:
Really!? Wow, ok. K&L2 looks fuckin' amazing though. Nice to see that they pushed it to this level.

K&L2 only looks good because of its filters. If you actually look at the models and so on, it looks below average, but they were insanely clever in hiding it via their unique filter structure.

Vinterbird said:
K&L2 only looks good because of its filters. If you actually look at the models and so on, it looks below average, but they were insanely clever in hiding it via their unique filter structure.
The modelling and architecture in K&L 2 was beyond awesome.
They did a great job at creating an east asian urban atmosphere. It's rare to see games with such mature art direction. Too bad the game was too short.

Ahoi-Brause said:
The modelling and architecture in K&L 2 was beyond awesome.
They did a great job at creating an east asian urban atmosphere. It's rare to see games with such mature art direction. Too bad the game was too short.

I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm talking strictly at the technical level. The character models, environment and everything is very crude and simplistic in its design. Character models are blocky and the technical low fidelity is masked by the visual style chosen for the game.

Ascetically they succeeded and created a really cool looking game, but if you actually look at the pieces individually, they're not that impressive but the filters make up for that by masking it to the end user.

VibratingDonkey said:
I just hope there'll be an AI state inbetween patrolling and killing the fuck out of you. AI that behaves more like what you'd expect from a normal human being.

Yes! That's really all I care about aside from making kills look accidental.

*wander into the ladies' room*
"FUCK! KILL HIM!!!!!"

Lmao at the video. I had to reload that save so many times because I kept getting shot at because 47 takes his fucking sweet time getting the tape while the two guards are staring off into space and then happen to see what I'm doing.

nelsonroyale said:
I am very sceptical it will look that good...those screens look pretty damn impressive

Well, without a doubt: pc games can look this good. You're probably looking through console-glasses.

So stoked for a new hitman on PC. I will give the team the benefit of the doubt, an wait to judge until I hear more an even play it. The screens look fantastic.

Appollowexx said:
Remember this game has a PC version (DX11 enabled I assume), which is likley what these screens are from.
No, that's clearly bullshot lighting. Those pics are POSED with lights set in perfect spots like a movie shot. That's not practical in gaming because you can't "pose" where the player is and put lights perfectly where you want.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
ZombieFred said:
"it's still a humorous game in many ways, but every location is very, very dense with detail. But since it's a game about exploring with a lot of stealth and slow-paced game play, a lot of things we needed to build locations that are extremal rich in detail to be able to have enough detail for the players to stick around a long time to explore the environments and characters. "
worshipcolor.gif

Also Hitman was always playable as a shooter (in most missions) if you didn't mind going in guns blazing and got luck and didn't mind your rating sucking. I really don't mind them expanding it so that enemies don't riddle you full of bullets at the first infraction, as long as I can play it as stealthy as always.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
ZombieFred said:
"it's still a humorous game in many ways, but every location is very, very dense with detail. But since it's a game about exploring with a lot of stealth and slow-paced game play, a lot of things we needed to build locations that are extremal rich in detail to be able to have enough detail for the players to stick around a long time to explore the environments and characters. "

This sounds like Hitman to me and not a "convictioned!" Sounds like they've made it accessible around the difficulties so it's more open up to players to enjoy, while the "hardcore" can play it as it is in the given options that will be (old school hitman difficulty?)

that sounds exactly like the Hitman people wanted

They should done this interview first before all the "Hollywood talent blahblah mocap" stuff

also, anyone got a mirror for the video? yt took it down :(

legbone

is it just me, or does that second shot look like christopher meloni (the actor from OZ, Law & Order SVU and other stuff)?

THeres a great deal of subsurface scattering in the second pic. I agree with the person that said BS Lighting, in the second pic atleast.

derFeef

Solo said:
lolz how the fuck did he get up there?
Well if we could move the camera we would know. My guess its either jumped from a balcony or something like that, or from the top even.

low-G

Am I looking at the same 2 screenshots as everyone else? It looks good graphically but like most of the other 3rd person shooters coming out.

Just talking about the graphics.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I hope you can save being on missions this time, turn off the game and saves will be there. The worst design decision ever but I understand why they did. It should have been optional.

Beautiful, very promising, they both give off Hitman Contract vibes much more than Blood Money.

Now I just have to restrain myself from looking at any more; I ruined all the locations in Blood Money for myself by looking at too many screens before hand.

Krev said:
Bullshot lighting...

haha tell me about it, check out the light aura around his pants and shoes, the way too good shadow across his shirt in the second screenshot, the subtle lens flare.

Photoshop detector signals in the red.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Those screenshots look pretty damn good, specially like the lighting on the first one. Hopefully we get more once E3 starts.

eravulgaris said:
Well, without a doubt: pc games can look this good. You're probably looking through console-glasses.

Sure they can...its probably because the images are small, but this looks more impressive in some ways than Crysis 2 and the Witcher 2...

I've only been playing PC games for about 23 years, so none of that crap son

RedSwirl

Dabanton said:
Hmm just watched that interview since when were Hitman games "punishing" the first game had a few annoyances but the ones after that, have been at the perfect level of play. You just needed to have patience and some forward thinking. I would task my misson a failure if i had to pull my baller out. preferring that 'accidents' happen to my targets instead.

But the good thing was you could approach each misson as you saw fit.

Because most people who review the Hitman games don't play them like that, which is why so many people still complained about trial-and-error gameplay even in Blood Money. In BM I was able to complete every mission with Silent Assassin or near Silent Assassin ranking the first time through and all I had to do was think ahead a little bit.

I think the whole patience requirement is what a lot of people don't like about stealth games, so now we've seen stealth games try to eliminate that element. Proper stealth gaming is really an acquired taste when you think about it.

Messi

RedSwirl said:
Because most people who review the Hitman games don't play them like that, which is why so many people still complained about trial-and-error gameplay even in Blood Money. In BM I was able to complete every mission with Silent Assassin or near Silent Assassin ranking the first time through and all I had to do was think ahead a little bit.

I think the whole patience requirement is what a lot of people don't like about stealth games, so now we've seen stealth games try to eliminate that element. Proper stealth gaming is really an acquired taste when you think about it.

I read this in neesons voice from taken :)

aegies

I've seen the game. You guys will be able to read about it Tuesday. All I can say, as someone who has played through Blood Money something like... six times, as someone who silent assassin'ed pretty much every mission in that game, is that I'm excited for it.

Messi

aegies said:
I've seen the game. You guys will be able to read about it Tuesday. All I can say, as someone who has played through Blood Money something like... six times, as someone who silent assassin'ed pretty much every mission in that game, is that I'm excited for it.

YES!

tiger-woods-fist-pump-o.gif

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
aegies said:

I'd thought it be the case to not have anything to worry about. Can't wait for Tuesday! Thanks for the message, aegies.

aegies said:
You lie you die.

For realz

Top Bottom