• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

|OT| Hitman III |OT| I bet Agent 47 is making a Killing

vpance

Jun 20, 2005
Berlin club level, wow. The atmosphere and music is perfect. The only sort of negative which I'd say Dartmoor also had is that basic SA completion is so straightforward. Target routes are so simple and it makes them easy kills. Kind of plays itself if you just explore normally.

After 3 levels I think I can safely say if you're not going for the challenges this game would feel like a let down. Where are the Sapienza, Paris or Miami tier designs?

xrnzaaas

Dec 9, 2013
Berlin club level, wow. The atmosphere and music is perfect. The only sort of negative which I'd say Dartmoor also had is that basic SA completion is so straightforward. Target routes are so simple and it makes them easy kills. Kind of plays itself if you just explore normally.

After 3 levels I think I can safely say if you're not going for the challenges this game would feel like a let down. Where are the Sapienza, Paris or Miami tier designs?
Or maybe it's partially because a lot of us have become better at playing Hitman over the last few years? I mean sure, it would be nice if Hitman 3 upped the difficulty level, but I don't think it's easier than previous games.

Nov 2, 2019

I haven't played 3 yet, but SASO can be pretty tough if you're not looking at guides. Even when SA can be pretty easy. The challenges are one of the reasons I much preferred the episodic release of the first one. If you're forced to, you end up spending more time doing challenges and having fun experiencing everything. At least that was the case for me. Can't imagine just playing through each level once. Would feel like such a waste.

Reactions: vpance

vpance

Jun 20, 2005
Or maybe it's partially because a lot of us have become better at playing Hitman over the last few years? I mean sure, it would be nice if Hitman 3 upped the difficulty level, but I don't think it's easier than previous games.

It's not necessarily a ease of difficulty thing (although it might be a bit for me) but I guess more about the intricacy of the mission. Berlin oozes with style and has a great concept with killing bad guys in a nightclub but the execution of it is a little lackluster. 1 target at the start is a freebie, 1 on the roof is a sitting duck, and the other 3 conveniently walk past isolated areas with crates. Love the level but seeing how it unfolded was a little anticlimactic.

But maybe it's unfair to want everything to be as good as the best levels in the series. Just felt like a wasted opportunity.

Nov 29, 2016
Really bummed that they arent adding any levels. Going back to the older missions from Hitman 2 and 2016 I kinda feel like the Hitman 3 levels are fairly limited in scope by comparison. Not that they are bad by any stretch, just not as expansive and filled with opportunities as much as the older ones.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

HITMAN 3's Season of Pride is here and brings new content for all players through June 13. Indulge in the second act of the Seven Deadly Sins DLC, take on the Elusive Target in [REDACTED] , and much more!

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Aug 4, 2015
PSA: if you were waiting for a discount before taking a dabble, it is currently listed at £22.99 on CD Keys.