• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Season 2 confirmed at PGW

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I guess it would be fine if the fast forwarding feature only unlocks after you have completed the mission once (for challenges and stuff).

It's not gonna happen anyway. Speeding up those clockwork worlds with hundreds of NPCs would be pretty taxing, I assume.

I would also like to see a fast forward effect, maybe a subtle one (like 1.3x normal speed) that you can trigger while in instinct mode. Instinct mode currently makes everything slower, which means if you want to watch your target walk around the map while you wait everything will take longer.

zkorejo

It's not gonna happen anyway. Speeding up those clockwork worlds with hundreds of NPCs would be pretty taxing, I assume.

People have been crying for briefcase and A.I detecting blood pools.. and we still dont have any of the two yet. Ofcourse its not happening. It would be cool to have an option though.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
It's time to buy the upgrade to full experience of the first season. I really hope that the second season won't be just the same locations but with new missions and targets.

Foffy

Banned
It's time to buy the upgrade to full experience of the first season. I really hope that the second season won't be just the same locations but with new missions and targets.

It probably won't.

I imagine what they mean is that some ETs will drop in Season One locations as Two is out.

And maybe Bonus Episodes may involve revisions to S1 content, like a nighttime Paris or something.

It probably won't.

I imagine what they mean is that some ETs will drop in Season One locations as Two is out.

And maybe Bonus Episodes may involve revisions to S1 content, like a nighttime Paris or something.
Imagine Paris as just a museum without the fashion show.

Weebos

Banned
How is this game for complete beginners to the franchise? Seeing how much people have enjoyed the game has got me curious, but the closest I've come to the franchise is the Sniper game that they released alongside Absolution.

This is my first Hitman game and I love it. It was pretty simple to grasp, plus they give you some tutorial style missions to start with. That, and the Opportunity system helps you explore and figure out the maps.

Parsnip

I mean it was pretty much confirmed when they renamed the complete experience or whatever it was called into complete first season on Steam.

But yay.

Falchion

What I hate about this release model is that you miss game content like the exclusive targets if you don't buy the season pass immediately. I waited until all the episodes were out and I'll probably get S1 during one of the holiday sales since I want to have the entire experience at once instead of broken up over months.

UrbanRats

Very happy about this.
Still have to try S1 (was waiting for it to finish) but i heard it's excellent Hitman, so, the more the merrier.

What I hate about this release model is that you miss game content like the exclusive targets if you don't buy the season pass immediately. I waited until all the episodes were out and I'll probably get S1 during one of the holiday sales since I want to have the entire experience at once instead of broken up over months.

You'll still get quite a few ET's before S2 going by what we've found out(
35 unused ones found in the code the last time someone looked but they've ramped up them so there's one a week now
).

My biggest concern is that season 2 will be held back by the season 1 foundation. Like we won't see much stuff different in terms of graphics or what is possible from a gameplay perspective.

MaKTaiL

Very happy about this.
Still have to try S1 (was waiting for it to finish) but i heard it's excellent Hitman, so, the more the merrier.
Season 1 is officially over (although one bonus episode is still coming). There is plenty to play before it releases. ;)

MaKTaiL

My biggest concern is that season 2 will be held back by the season 1 foundation. Like we won't see much stuff different in terms of graphics or what is possible from a gameplay perspective.
Gameplay wise they already said they will keep on improving it. I would not be surprised if they release human shield as a free update when Season 2 comes. Graphic wise, maybe not, but the game looks awesome as it is now. It's one of the few games even today that manages to add mirror reflections that actually reflects everything in the room. On Bangkok you can even see a water mirror reflection working.

Metal-Geo

Please no more Paris elusive targets
Next elusive target will be in Paris!

This is something I'm a bit worried about as well. With Season 2 being run through the same launcher and all.

The game could really use something like SSR. Characters walking on reflective floors look so weird in this game.

I think speed vs. difficulty is the main tradeoff in this game anyway. Opportunities are easy but slow, and you have to make your own openings if you want to be fast.

Anyone else making your own list of feature suggestions and requests for season 2? If you've been doing the surveys, you know they'll be asking about that soon enough.

Foffy

Banned
I think speed vs. difficulty is the main tradeoff in this game anyway. Opportunities are easy but slow, and you have to make your own openings if you want to be fast.

Anyone else making your own list of feature suggestions and requests for season 2? If you've been doing the surveys, you know they'll be asking about that soon enough.

Dual

Silverballers

Woo! I've been eagerly hoping the second season would get confirmed. Hitman is an outstanding game, and I'm glad they're continuing to support it. I'll be there in full, day one.

ArjanN

I dont like that idea. Waiting really adds to the tension.

You have to plan you attack and wait for the perfect moment to do it, and just when that moment arrives there are plenty of things that can go wrong. Then you can either improvise or make a new plan.

If there was a way to fast forward time, every mission would be completable within the first 5 minutes.

The unlocks that start you at a different location and give you a disguise right away already function as a fast forward really.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
If you'd told me this would be the case after Hitman Absolution, I'd have laughed and laughed and cried.

The episodic model works so well with the type of game Hitman is, each level is dense with detail and so much more that having the time between episodes to dedicate to that one area is awesome, not to mention the elusive targets that keep even the older maps fresh in rotation.

MUnited83

For you.
If you'd told me this would be the case after Hitman Absolution, I'd have laughed and laughed and cried.
I've been a believer ever since IOI did a statement some years ago on how they planned a game focused on satisfying the fans and providing great sandboxes, along with some concept art for Paris

MUnited83

For you.
The full season was on sale for $38.08 on Amazon for like, an entire month.

Anyone who didn't hop in then...well...
I got the preorder for PC for 15$ . I feel bad for paying so little lol , I already have over 400 hours on it and will still have a fee hundred more.

Top Bottom