• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Trilogy Announced

R6Rider

Gold Member
Is Hitman 3 VR included in trilogy? Would be sweet.
Hitman VR was initially only with Hitman 3 on PS4/PS5. Now they are adding PCVR to Hitman 3 on January 20th. Buying the trilogy or any version of Hitman 3 on PC will get you VR assuming you buy on Steam as EGS has no VR implementation.

Last edited:
Excited to play 3, was holding out because I figured it'd show up on Game Pass eventually. Definitely recommend these games to anybody on the fence

I just realised I still can't play this when it comes to Steam. I'm going to have to wait for ray tracing first so I can play the game at its best. Hopefully it won't take too long. Man, it's insane how long I've had to wait to play this game.

Absolutely love seeing the first timers but PSA: Play the two map tutorials for the prologue and do the replay of the second training mission and do it again in another manner. It’s a game that takes patience, timing and strategy and the tutorial levels work really well on laying out the basics.

Last edited:

Zug

All Hitmans games/content in VR is going to be glorious.
It might finally dethrone Skyrim VR in being the AAA game with the most content in VR.
Praise the bald !

Sorta. If you already owned the first two games then you received entitlements to download DLC versions of all of their content, but this became dicey in certain places (to my understanding) because of stuff like EGS users not having access to the second game and Steam users not having the third game.

In Xbox it worked pretty seemlessly though

Yeah I have it on XSX and works perfect.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Sorry if this has been asked/answered not had chance to catch up, but is the technical upgrades such as raytracing purely for PC or are these upgrades for the new consoles too? I could have sworn they mentioned in the past raytracing support was coming for new consoles…

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
While I loved the base game of Hitman 3 it’s pretty much the only game in the trilogy I where I wasn’t interested at all by the DLC (at least so far). The biggest selling point of the previous ones for me was having brand new maps, so it’s kind of a hard sell when the all of the DLC is just recycling maps we already have.

My biggest issue with the Deadly Sins content is that it shouldn't have been paid DLC. This stuff should have been in the base game, released as timed content throughout the year. It would have gotten a much better reception if they didn't lock it behind a paywall. . .I think.

R6Rider

Gold Member
My biggest issue with the Deadly Sins content is that it shouldn't have been paid DLC. This stuff should have been in the base game, released as timed content throughout the year. It would have gotten a much better reception if they didn't lock it behind a paywall. . .I think.
They should have at least included it with the Deluxe Edition.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
As a huge fans of Metal Gear & Splinter Cell, I've always wanted to love these games, but for some reason can't. I think it has to do with a mission design that sort of leaves you to your own fun and creativity.
That's well and good, but I find that I need an outside source of tension to really enjoy stealth games. I can't even really wrap my mind around the fact that you're inclined to spend one playthrough unlocking items for the next one. It just doesn't click with me.

I'm thinking one day I might jump into Hitman 3 and see if I can tweak the game more to my liking. Clearly they are high quality games.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Is always online DRM still in place? I can't support that shit and will not buy these games until that is gone.

As a huge fans of Metal Gear & Splinter Cell, I've always wanted to love these games, but for some reason can't. I think it has to do with a mission design that sort of leaves you to your own fun and creativity.

Have you played any of the "new" series? There are more guided objectives through levels that you can follow. They are usually a good way to at least see what the level is capable of and is more of a directed experience than older Hitman games.

Stitch

Gold Member
Hitman VR was initially only with Hitman 3 on PS4/PS5. Now they are adding PCVR to Hitman 3 on January 20th. Buying the trilogy or any version of Hitman 3 on PC will get you VR assuming you buy on Steam as EGS has no VR implementation.
VR games on Epic use SteamVR :messenger_tears_of_joy:

PuffyCan

Yeah, sometimes you need to add to steam to be able to launch with a switch like -vr or something, other times you only need SteamVR to be open already
That's what I had to do by launching in SteamVR, not the most user friendly way but it worked. Anyway, my No Man Sky VR experience was pretty terrible lol

Shai-Tan

Banned
That's what I had to do by launching in SteamVR, not the most user friendly way but it worked. Anyway, my No Man Sky VR experience was pretty terrible lol
Yeah the performance is bad (despite looking like ass) which in turn tends to trigger motion sickness. I didn’t play long enough to figure out if controls are ok

edit: but that was before dlss

Last edited:

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
I enjoyed Hitman 3. It was the only 2021 game I played last year iirc.

I tried 1&2 when they came out, but never actually played them. Might play them on Game Pass.

TidusYuna

My hitman is clumsy, inefficient, noisy, and a novice of disguise but he gets the job done.

The kind of hitman who will show up at an informal party in a limo dressed in a white tuxedo. The target is on the first floor in the kitchen, my hitman infiltrates building by by breaking out his mountain climbing gear and attempting to scale to the third floor window on the front of the house in broad daylight as the drunk party crowd cheers him on. When he gets to the window which is sealed shut, he takes out his leather hitman gloves, but he realizes it isn't winter and tosses them. He then takes out his glass cutting knife. Then he pulls a large box from his backpack, uses the glass cutting knife to cut the box open, removes the brand new finger-print-free loaded automatic shotgun, then blasts the window multiple times removing all glass that can hinder his attempt to enter through the window. After about 10 - 15 shotgun blasts to remove the little glass pieces from the frame of the window, he stealthily enters through and drops the shotgun as there is no more use for it.

The building has been completely evacuated for some strange reason, something must have scared everyone off. But the target remains in the kitchen cooking with his headphones on, completely unaware of the current situation. My hitman walks down stairs and slowly makes his way to the kitchen. He slowly opens the kitchen door to identify the target. The target is cooking away and completely distracted by the music from his headphones. My hitman slowly enters the kitchen. He pulls out his pistol and starts to fasten the silencer. He points the pistol at the back of the target, reaches into his pocket, pulls out the CoD c4, tosses it into the air and shoots the c4 blowing the target to pieces.

Also available on Xbox (and PC) Game Pass on January 20.
FGEsKeY.gif

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
GAME PASS EDITIONS ARE NOW LIVE.

$99.99 without game pass.

We feasting tonight !

Last edited:

Miles708

I didn't read all messages so sorry if it's already been answered but:

Will this collection still need you to be online for much of the content?
And is all the content on-disc?

Last edited:

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Weird question, I could kind of tell and could kind of not, the Hitman 1 version within the trilogy that I played seems different from the other OG Hitman I got on my series X, are they actually different performance/ui-wise etc? This trilogy version felt smoother and more responsive.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Weird question, I could kind of tell and could kind of not, the Hitman 1 version within the trilogy that I played seems different from the other OG Hitman I got on my series X, are they actually different performance/ui-wise etc? This trilogy version felt smoother and more responsive.

I think they imported all the Hitman 1 and 2 levels onto the Hitman 3 optimized game engine, so that might be it. Not sure.

The best part for me is the install size. Hitman 2 with Legacy Hitman 1 content was around 108 gigs. It looks like this is around 78? I’ll take it.

Fuckin’ Series S hard drive got me sweaty.

adamsapple

The best part for me is the install size. Hitman 2 with Legacy Hitman 1 content was around 108 gigs. It looks like this is around 78? I’ll take it.

Fuckin’ Series S hard drive got me sweaty.

Does the new package have all the story scenes, FMVs, for Hitman 1 and 2 too ?

You guys speak so much about this trilogy that I may buy it since I played nothing of hitman games since PS2 days.

You guys were right about Guardians of the Galaxy when you said it was underrated so I'll believe you here.

Top Bottom