• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[HOAX] Rockstar doing motion capture work for GTA 6 now [HOAX]

chadskin

Resume of an actor: http://resumes.breakdownexpress.com/751904-3340379

Sv5H3RC.png

Suggests they're making good progress as mocap work is usually done in the latter stages of development.

ClarkZuckerberg

Neo Member
Awesome. Hoping for 2019 but 2020 is more realistic at the earliest. Probably more like 2021 since Red Dead is now 2018, and GTA V was 2013.

Cubas

After GTA Online happened I'm really not all that excited for GTA 6. I don't think Rockstar will be going in the direction I want.

tait269

I am guessing about 2019 - 2020 release date with them teasing a release for early 2019 then the usual delay.

Better be Vice City

Hip Hop

After GTA Online happened I'm really not all that excited for GTA 6. I don't think Rockstar will be going in the direction I want.

And what's that direction?

Them making a great full fledged campaign while having an awesome online component?

Suggests they're making good progress as mocap work is usually done in the latter stages of development.
This is seldom true anymore. Most often mo-cap for games of this size are done for 1-2 or even several years, ending during the start of major polishing (which can take the better part of a year as awell).

I just hope that GTAVI is not like GTAV, but instead of using a team of 3 default characters, we have to create our character like GTA Online and then team up with 2 or 3 online players to do the story mode missions.

cordy

Banned

It's gonna be a missed opportunity if they don't do this. Just imagine.

Present day 2018-2020.
Miami-South Beach. A Rick Ross-like character being voiced by Rick Ross.
A mission about a basketball player heading to Vice Beach.
You get the city, the beach and the hood.
Trump has a house near the area he's frequently in so it's easy to have a presidential figure thrown in there for shenanigans.

Man this would be godly.

I could see an April '18 RDR2 and Oct/Nov '19 GTA VI. I know they have done basically nothing but ports (way to stretch out V over 3 years) and GTA online in the last 3 years but R* used to put out a big new game basically every year from 08-13.

Freeman76

Them making a great full fledged campaign while having an awesome online component?

Except the onlibe component isnt much fun unless you are a 14 year old griefer using dads card for shark money.

GTA6 will still sell millions but I wouldnt even be surprised if its online only with no campaign.

bosseye

I love the campaign in 5, despite its myriad faults. The online though is less fun. Stunt races is amusing with friends but the heists didn't really grab me. Messing around un the world is fun with randoms but ultimately not enough to keep me coming back. I assume they'll bother with a proper campaign for 6, be mad not to.

dc89

Wow they really not gonna come through with GTA V SP DLC.

Don't think that's going to happen now.
If any SP dlc was planned I believe it to be long cancelled probably due to the success of the MP dlc.

At this point I don't really care for it, I'm ready for VI.

If any SP dlc was planned I believe it to be long cancelled probably due to the success of the MP dlc.

Man it fuckin sucks knowing that they had did some sort of mocap for the SP DLC because Franklins voice actor was teasing it all over instagram...

jaypah

Bring it to the Southern states, and make it a poignant satire of Trump's America.

Fuck I want this so bad (I'm from the south) but I'm not sure if they saw it coming in time to have started on it. Would be great to see their take on it though!

Probably means R* may be more focused on what they can gain from the cash cow portion of the game. I understand what they mean but I still believe R* wants to make a great single player campaign. I can't see them dropping the ball on their missions or storytelling and the world will have to be fully realized to sell the mutiplayer portion so I'm not sweating it. Plus it's R*, they get the benefit of the doubt.

I'm with you but I can see how some would be wary of the effort put into the single player portion of GTA 6. If they had plans for more single player content for GTA 5 and iced it because the multiplayer was doing great then maybe they're going to focus resources to the multi rather than the campaign for GTA 6. I honestly feel they want to deliver a great SP campaign so I'm not worried but I think the question will come up more as the years go on.

Kikorin

I really hope they'll put lot of effort in the single player part of the game too. I understand they found an infinite source of money in GTA Online, but I think there are still lot of players like me that are not interested at all in a multiplayer GTA and simply want a great story and game world where to mess around.

Rockstar has always been great anyway, so I'm pretty confident, my only concern is about the publisher that could make pressions to them.

Top Bottom