• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Delayed until 2022

Mista

Banned
For the people that can’t see embedded tweets:

f7cl708.jpg

Blond

Banned
Keep expecting it to happen, I’m serious when I say that COVID fucked the entire worlds production and distribution model.

levyjl1988

Banned
Well, we all knew what happened when we wanted a game released right away, *cough* CyberPunk 2077, they should take their time. But the longer it's in the oven the higher the expectations become.

GinSama

Delaying and make the game better I will wait. Loved the trailer and somehow made me care about the franchise again.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Sucks, but COVID pretty much set every game in the industry back 6-12 months
I think it has more to do with everyone waiting for next gen to have a decent install base. Even Sony and MS I assume will delay their exclusives until console sales slow down a bit.

I fully expect 2021 to be a graveyard when it comes to big releases. It‘ll probably be indi year.

Derktron

Banned
Of course it is, why do developers continue to give out dates when they are going to delay it for another year or two. Just announce the game and just say “Coming Soon” and that’s it.

Andodalf

Banned
I think it has more to do with everyone waiting for next gen to have a decent install base. Even Sony and MS I assume will delay their exclusives until console sales slow down a bit.

I fully expect 2021 to be a graveyard when it comes to big releases. It‘ll probably be indi year.

This game is cross gen though. I think a with so many games being delayed we will see a long cross gen period

GymWolf

Good, take your time.

I'm gonna kill the wait by reading how much terf this game is on reeee.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Strange...I could swear they weren't planning to launch this year.

Well, its not much of a big deal for me.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I'm good with this, release it when it's ready. I've already got way too many games in my GP backlog and games I bought over the Christmas sale and there are a ton more coming out this year I want to play. Hopefully this will release once I'm caught up.

Last edited:

Corpsepyre

Banned
Schreier saying that this will be the first of many delays. Makes sense.

I'm hoping God of War makes it on time though. Kinda weird they decided to reveal the release year in the very first announcement trailer.

rubhen925

Schreier saying that this will be the first of many delays. Makes sense.

I'm hoping God of War makes it on time though. Kinda weird they decided to reveal the release year in the very first announcement trailer.
considering that Sony Santa Monica studios have job postings for gameplay designers, combat programmers, etc, even now... Well i highly doubt God of War Ragnarok will come out in 2021. It doesn't seem feasible. Those are positions you fill 1 to 2 years before the game ships. So yea....

Larxia

When was it supposed to come out?
There never was any specific date, just "2021", I'm really not surprised or shocked by anything with this announcement.

I'll never understand people being so upset with delays, especially when it's about something that's still far away like this.

Top Bottom