• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Delayed until 2022

Hinedorf

Banned
#1 thing on my radar for 2021

7bpc.gif

Valentino

Wowza. The leaks came out back in early 2018 too right? And even the leaks in 2018 looked very polished and graphically far along. So much must be in store for us then.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I feel the game just got announced six months ago. I wasn’t expecting it to hit this year.

Papacheeks

Banned
All the tweets below that are a big fucking yikes. Like someone on there is saying JK rowling wrote a book thats transphobic, is the person literally talking about harry potter books or something else?

I love that anyone who tweets with concern about kids at a very young age going through transitions without having long term data of it's affects on kids till adulthood is labeled transphobic or a bigot.

Like wtf.

Fbh

Something something Miyamoto delayed game good.

But yeah, take your time and make it good.

Schreier saying that this will be the first of many delays. Makes sense.

I'm hoping God of War makes it on time though. Kinda weird they decided to reveal the release year in the very first announcement trailer.

I have little hope God of War will be this year.
When a game gets announced with nothing but a logo it's usually a sign it's still far away.

Announce it as a 2021 game to generate hype for Ps5, then blame covid and delay it. Seems like a good strategy.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
There never was any specific date, just "2021", I'm really not surprised or shocked by anything with this announcement.

I'll never understand people being so upset with delays, especially when it's about something that's still far away like this.

Okay, that's what I was thinking too. No way in the world did I think this game was coming out this year.

GHG

Gold Member
Absolutely ok with the delay if it means we end up with something that resembles a finished game.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
All the tweets below that are a big fucking yikes. Like someone on there is saying JK rowling wrote a book thats transphobic, is the person literally talking about harry potter books or something else?

I love that anyone who tweets with concern about kids at a very young age going through transitions without having long term data of it's affects on kids till adulthood is labeled transphobic or a bigot.

Like wtf.

Go take a look at Resetera lol

Man come on... I'm looking forward to this game so this delay better be worth it!

Like wtf.

She's getting such undeserved hate, it's as if the left can't take another person's opinion well unless it's their own.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

Like wtf.
Her next book there is a serial killer male villain that dresses as woman.
That is where all started.

If Pyscho was released today then the cancel culture should claim Hitchcock transphobic.

Last edited:

Ellery

I mean I am never mad at developers about a game being delayed, because most of the time it is the suits fault anyways for setting unrealistic deadlines.
I am a patient person and a game is out when it is out and obviously I prefer higher quality games that have fewer bugs.

Still sucks to have every single game delayed and having to bother with their social media posts about it for things that are more than a year out. It was like announced not too long ago and a short while later it is already getting delayed.
And you all are hoping for other games to not have the same fate, but Deep Down you all know that FF 16, God of War Ragnarok, Horizon Forbidden West and all of the others AAA games you are looking forward to are also going to be delayed.

Last edited:

OrionNebula

I feel the game just got announced six months ago. I wasn’t expecting it to hit this year.
But they’ve been working on this since 2017-2018 or something. First leaks happened around that time, I think, and you could see it was already decently built at that time

JeloSWE

Just like cyberpunk
Well, it should have been given even more time, I personally wouldn't have minded waiting a bit more for it. There are so many games to play any way, I'm not in a hurry and have actually paused my playthrough in waiting for some bigger patches to sort out the rough edges.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Sejan

I'm ok with this. I really want this game to be something special. I'll gladly wait until 2023 if that what's necessary for it to be the best game it can possibly be.

I'm disappointed, but I'd rather the game be great than to be rushed.

Last edited:

SinDelta

So Hogwarts Legacy, my second most anticipated game gets delayed to 2022.

Third most, Horizon Forbidden West was listed simply as "2021." (Yeah its 99.9% getting a delay.)

Most anticipated is Breath of the Wild 2, and we all know what they say about Zelda games and delays, especially after a year with zero info...

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I wonder in what state the game is in if they push it already now in early 2021. Who in the world decides these dates in the first place?

That being said, I really thought this game is close to being finished already when they finally annouced it last year. I mean, how many years has it been since the leaked trailer? And already back then the game looked pretty good.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I wonder in what state the game is in if they push it already now in early 2021. Who in the world decides these dates in the first place?

That being said, I really thought this game is close to being finished already when they finally annouced it last year. I mean, how many years has it been since the leaked trailer? And already back then the game looked pretty good.
They might have massively changed the scope since the first trailer. It might be now a much bigger connected open world with an online component like Destiny (I can see this being a change in direction or having some last generation development hell issues and they delayed it till the game can be completed after the next-generation upgrade and release at a time when you can avoid shipping an Xbox One and PS4 release to make money).

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Sad to hear it, but understandable considering that the pandemic is still a thing.
Some companies adapted and some companies put their heads in the sand and pretended it would all go away shortly, only critical remote work was trusted and some games got completed and shipped... Couple that with the remote / online working tools being a bit more of a scam than what people thought and well there was bound to be a problem.

I personally think it is good that cities outside of big big metropolis like LA, SF, London, etc... might house smaller units collaborating remotely as this neo-medieval age with super cramped metropolis and housing crises (see property prices in these cities) was a bubble waiting to burst.

Top Bottom