• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Officialy Announced

Arkam

Ye, but why would they add that to the trailer? It's supposed to look impeccable. It's just bizzare. Same thing happened with resident evil. It's like they don't care.
Most didn't notice. And RE is a great example. See how it improved on that from since June?

Ivory Blood

Nothing indicates it's an MMO - leaks in the years prior guessed it almost word for word. Seems to be just a standard open world RPG.

For starters, the post claims the game won’t even have Harry Potter in the title, and will instead be called Hogwarts: A Dark Legacy. As the name suggests, you’ll be playing as a Hogwarts student “all the way until graduation.” You get to pick the gender of your character, customise them, as well as choose whether they’re pure blood, muggle or half blood.

Interestingly, the game will deal with mature themes, which the leaker says could push it towards an M rating, or T at the lowest. Romance subplots are seemingly part of the reason, as you’ll be able to marry love interests.

Holammer

I cannot lie, that game was the most impressive one on display imo.
Kinda similar to the Shadow of Mordor games.

MadYarpen

As a person who was growing up reading HP books as they were being released, now 31, I can't wait for this. I am sure there are a lot of people like me.

And this eing an action RPG makes this even better.

Valentino

JE-ZUS! This looked like everything I wanted! Visually! Aesthetic is on point. Graphics remind me of Rocksteady graphics in the best possible way. Love what I've seen

Ivory Blood

I just can't stop laughing at the reeera thread on this, lol.

c5RonTn.png

k9Ci0Fz.png

ClVB02m.png

Last edited:

Astral Dog

ERA complains now but they will be the first ones to buy this game and play it on their Harry Potter costumes then return it to stores (if they bought it physical if not bad luck) and continue bitching about JK Rowling on the internet

Last edited:

whitesugar

Banned
it's an IP that has such huge potential for a game world. i'm most curious about how you transition from Hogwarts out into the wider world. If Hogwarts is the main hub and there are separate areas you can go out to for missions, or if'ts all the areas shown are part of that Hogwarts island and immediate surrounding area, and it's all one map.

Can't wait for this. Looks better than I ever thought I'd get from a HP game honestly. Might actually be something my wife watches me play for once. We have a family tradition of reading Harry Potter with the kids some nights. In the living room, book on a standing laptop stand, milk and cookies/brownies and the fireplace on. Love us some HP.

J-Roderton

it's an IP that has such huge potential for a game world. i'm most curious about how you transition from Hogwarts out into the wider world. If Hogwarts is the main hub and there are separate areas you can go out to for missions, or if'ts all the areas shown are part of that Hogwarts island and immediate surrounding area, and it's all one map.

Hogsmead would be excellent.

The PaedoEra thread is hilarious. Over 500 posts and almost every one of them comes with a rabid "fuck JK Rowling" disclaimer.
Anyone that has a problem with the factual truths J K Rowling has stated is a misogynist, pure and simple.

It's no surprise that once again a den of far left extremists, like those over at Era, show the one thing they truly believe in (other than gaining power) is hatred.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Jesus Christ just had a look over at that cesspit of cunts that is resetera to check out the Hogwarts thread and by fuck those loons are something else... The game looks incredible and as a massive fan of the world and JK Rowlings right to say whatever the fuck she wants even though i believe she's as bout as transphobic as a fucking cabbage but my God those people are downright fucking Hilarious in their hatred of her which makes this game all the more sweeter cause you just know them fucking retards loved Harry Potter and now their poor little brains are all confused and conflicted over finally getting the game a world like Harry Potter deserves and they can't get past their fucking little circle jerk of hating any cunt with a differing opinion... The lolz are mighty

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

I'm assuming with it being open world it'll be seemless running from area to area especially with these ssd's able to shift massive amounts of data, the area around Hogwarts could be vast, you have the dark forest, the lake, the mountains the town of hogsmead and no doubt a ton of other areas to explore alongwith a fucking gigantic massive castle, can't bloody wait

If this turns out to be as good as I feel it looks it will be at the top of my most wanted games. Please be good please be good!!!

I'm assuming with it being open world it'll be seemless running from area to area especially with these ssd's able to shift massive amounts of data, the area around Hogwarts could be vast, you have the dark forest, the lake, the mountains the town of hogsmead and no doubt a ton of other areas to explore alongwith a fucking gigantic massive castle, can't bloody wait

I’m really kinda hoping that once you’re outside the castle border you’re able to aperate anywhere!

Last edited:
Top Bottom