• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy Officialy Announced

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
10.png

a3kw2rljlkn51.jpg

Official site
"Experience a new story set at Hogwarts in the 1800s, your character is a student who holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart.
Make allies, battle Dark wizards and decide the fate of the wizarding world."

bky8paqilkn51.jpg

Fall 2021 Delayed to 2022
Open world & Single player
PS5/PS4/Xbox One/SEX/PC
Developed by Wizading World, Portkey Games, and Avalanche (which is NOT the Avalanche Studio responsible for Just Cause).

200917042715825_u524.jpg

The games is firmly rooted in the Harry Potter universe. While remaining true to J.K. Rowling’s original work, Portkey game developers chart new territory by creating fresh ways for fans to immerse themselves in the wizarding world.
Players will experience life as a student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the 1800s. Grow your magical abilities by mastering spells, brewing potions and taming fantastic beasts.
Hone combat skills and select companions to help you face off against deadly enemies.
Players will also encounter missions and scenarios that will challenge their morality and determine what they stand for.

bky8paqilkn51.jpg

Choose you Hogwarts house at the start of Hogwarts Legacy, with more details to share at a later time.
While Hogwarts Legacy is not a direct adaptation of the books and films, the games are anchored in Wizarding World lore. Visit new and familiar locations including the Forbidden Forest and Hogsmeade Village.

J.K. Rowling was not involved in the creation of the game, however, her extraordinary body of writing is the foundation of all projects in the Wizarding World. This is not a new story from J.K. Rowling.

ppxbrd5jlkn51.jpg

Last edited:

Rikkori

Don't like that trailer, so much cobbled together footage at different quality levels. Saw some clear 20 fps drops in some sections. Very weird choice by WB.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Those visuals look a bit odd. Not sure I understand the appeal of this artstyle. Is this single-player? Hopefully it is, and hopefully it's not shat on by any live service elements.

BigBooper

Looks kinda pretty. Is HP still popular these days? I'd have thought interest might have died down by now. Maybe that's just because I never got into it myself, but not sure because if they made an action game based on Willow, I wouldn't care.

Ivory Blood

Hell yeah, about time!

Can I be an evil Ravenclaw student?
Seems so.

Hogwarts Legacy is an immersive, open-world action RPG set in the world first introduced in the Harry Potter books. Now you can take control of the action and be at the center of your own adventure in the wizarding world. Embark on a journey through familiar and new locations as you explore and discover fantastic beasts, customize your character and craft potions, master spell casting, upgrade talents, and become the wizard you want to be.

Experience Hogwarts in the 1800s. Your character is a student who holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart. You have received a late acceptance to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and soon discover that you are no ordinary student: you possess an unusual ability to perceive and master Ancient Magic. Only you can decide if you will protect this secret for the good of all, or yield to the temptation of more sinister magic.

Discover the feeling of living at Hogwarts as you make allies, battle Dark wizards, and ultimately decide the fate of the wizarding world. Your legacy is what you make of it.

MiguelItUp

I wasn't expecting to see this at all! So excited. That leak from a year ago looked incredible! Happy to see it on PC, but just another reason to not rush and buy a PS5, lol.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I aways waited for a Hogshit experience, playing with the house of my choice. So I have very high hopes for this, let's see how it plays.

I just pray thi isn't disgusting piece of human shit like the phone game is. That thing should never existed.

Last edited:

Arkam

SOLD. They can just start taking my money now. This could have been the only thing shown today and I would still be ecstatic.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Most next-gen game. I kind of wish it's going to have agmeplay like Just Cause : D

Rikkori

An unoptimized scene? Game doesn't come out til next year. Plenty of time to optimize and polish things like that. Overall looked fantastic.
Ye, but why would they add that to the trailer? It's supposed to look impeccable. It's just bizzare. Same thing happened with resident evil. It's like they don't care.

Top Bottom