• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy PC Performance Thread

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
06134235646lqvete.jpg

As the title states, discuss any fixes, improvements, or even mods.

NVIDIA Latest Driver ----------- AMD Latest Driver

Regarding DLSS
Thank you nikos nikos for this tip
This game is running an older version of DLSS. For those who want to use the latest version, you can download it at the site below and replace the file located in steamapps\common\Hogwarts Legacy\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Nvidia\DLSS\Binaries\ThirdParty\Win64

Could improve performance/visuals.

EDIT: For those playing with RTX on. Apparently if you disable RTX (while it's enabled) without restarting the game (therefore not applying) it keeps RTX on but improves performance.

Thank you U Unknown Soldier

Thank you C ChazGW7

Recommended sensitivity/camera settings
0009fdc55f1217d8173ccd535373ede2.png

Thank you winjer winjer
If anyone wants RT Global Illumination, try adding this command to the engine.ini

r.RayTracing.GlobalIllumination=2

But it might be heavy. If you want, you can add SSGI. This will be less demanding, but not as good.

r.SSGI.Enable=1
r.SSGI.HalfRes=1 (set to 0 if you have enough performance)
r.SSGI.Quality=3 (choose a level between 1 and 4, higher number means higher quality)

Thank you LaughingStock LaughingStock

Potential fix for stuttering that worked for him

Navigate to "AppData\Local\Hogwarts Legacy\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor" and backup "Engine.ini". Add the following to the bottom of the file and save it:
[SystemSettings]
r.bForceCPUAccessToGPUSkinVerts=True
r.GTSyncType=1
r.OneFrameThreadLag=1
r.FinishCurrentFrame=0
r.TextureStreaming=1
r.Streaming.PoolSize=3072
r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=1

[ConsoleVariables]
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdates=1
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdatesDuringGamethreadUpdates=1
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdatesEditor=1
Source

Changing Control Flow Guard, full screen optimizations, and DPI settings

Open Exploit Protection via your Windows Search bar. Then, click On the Program Settings Tab and click On The “+ Add programs to customise”. Then, click On Choose Exact File Path, find game's exe and open it. Afterwards, you’ll have to navigate its Program Settings, scroll down to “Control Flow Guard”, put check mark in “Override System Settings”, turn it Off and Apply. Restart your PC.

Start/open game. Then the Task Manager. Look for the game executable, then click on Open File Location. This is important, because UE4 creates 2 exe files for each game and we want the right one.
Right click on the game's executable, then properties, then the Compatibility tab. Then click on Disable Full Screen Optimizations.
Then click on Override high DPI scaling Behavior. Choose Application. Apply these settings and restart the game.

engine.ini settings to edit

READ FIRST

Help/explanation about many Unreal Engine 4 Console Variables and Commands

Code:
[/script/engine.renderersettings]
r.Reflections.Denoiser=2
r.Reflections.Denoiser.TemporalAccumulation=1
r.SSGI.Enable=0
r.SSGI.HalfRes=1
r.SSGI.Quality=2
r.MipMapLODBias=0
r.SSR.Temporal=1
r.TemporalAA.Algorithm=0
r.TemporalAAFilterSize=1
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.25
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.TemporalAASharpness=0
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=0
r.PostProcessAAQuality=6
r.ScreenPercentage=100
r.TemporalAA.Upsampling=1
r.Upscale.Quality=5
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.MotionBlur.Max=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.Vignette=0
r.Tonemapper.Quality=2
r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0
r.TonemapperGamma=0
r.TessellationAdaptivePixelsPerTriangle=64
r.DefaultFeature.LensFlare=0
r.TriangleOrderOptimization=1
r.Shaders.Optimize=1
r.Shaders.Optimize=1
r.OptimizeForUAVPerformance=1
r.AOAsyncBuildQueue=1
r.AOComputeShaderNormalCalculation=1
r.MaxAnisotropy=16
r.VirtualTexture=1
r.FastVRam.BokehDOF=1
r.FastVRam.CircleDOF=1
r.FastVRam.CombineLUTs=1
r.FastVRam.Distortion=1
r.FastVRam.HZB=1
r.FastVRam.Histogram=1
r.FastVRam.SSR=1
r.FastVRam.ShadowPointLight=1
r.FastVRam.Tonemap=1
r.FastVRam.Upscale=1
r.DX11NVAfterMathEnabled=0
fx.ForceCompileOnLoad=1
D3D12.PSO.DiskCache=1
D3D12.PSO.DriverOptimizedDiskCache=1
D3D11.AFRSyncTemporalResources=1
D3D11.AFRUseFramePacing=1
D3D11.AdjustTexturePoolSizeBasedOnBudget=1
D3D11.AsyncDeferredDeletion=1
r.AsyncCompute=1
D3D11.ForceThirtyHz=0
D3D11.InsertOuterOcclusionQuery=1
D3D11.ResidencyManagement=1
D3D11.StablePowerState=0
D3D11.SyncWithDWM=1
D3D11.TexturePoolOnlyAccountStreamableTexture=1
D3D11.UseUpdateTexture3DComputeShader=1
D3D11.ZeroBufferSizeInMB=32
D3D12.AFRSyncTemporalResources=1
D3D12.AFRUseFramePacing=1
D3D12.AsyncDeferredDeletion=1
D3D12.ForceThirtyHz=0
D3D12.InsertOuterOcclusionQuery=1
D3D12.ResidencyManagement=1
D3D12.StablePowerState=0
D3D12.SyncWithDWM=1
D3D12.TexturePoolOnlyAccountStreamableTexture=1
D3D12.UseUpdateTexture3DComputeShader=1
D3D12.ZeroBufferSizeInMB=128
D3D12.MaximumFrameLatency=0
r.CompileShadersForDevelopment=0
r.D3D.ForceShaderConductorDXCRewrite=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.PreOptimizeEnabled=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.MaxPrecompileTime=500
r.ShaderPipelineCache.SaveUserCache=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.Save=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.Enabled=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.LogPSO=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.SaveBoundPSOLog=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.SetBatchMode=fast
r.ShaderPipelines=1
r.ProgramBinaryCashe.Enable=1
r.Shaders.ZeroInitialise=1
r.Shadow.CachePreshadow=1
r.Shadow.CacheWPOPrimitives=1
r.SceneRenderTargetResizeMethod=2
r.SceneRenderTargetResizeMethodForceOverride=1
r.ShaderComplexity.CacheShaders=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.StartupMode=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.ReportPSO=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.GameFileMaskEnabled=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.LazyLoadShadersWhenPSOCacheIsPresent=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.BatchSize=50
r.ShaderPipelineCache.PrecompileBatchSize=50
r.Shaders.FastMath=1
r.UseShaderCaching=1
r.UseShaderPredraw=1
FX.AllowGPUParticles=1
FX.AllowAsyncTick=1
FX.EarlyScheduleAsync=1
r.ForceAllCoresForShaderCompiling=1
r.TargetPrecompileFrameTime=-1
r.UseShaderDrawLog=1
r.UseShaderBinaryCache=0
r.PredrawBatchTime=-1
r.InitialShaderLoadTime=-1
r.AccelPredrawBatchTime=0
r.AccelTargetPrecompileFrameTime=0
FX.BatchAsync=1
FX.BatchAsyncBatchSize=1
r.Emitter.FastPoolEnable=1
FX.AllowGPUSorting=1
FX.AllowCulling=0
r.D3D.ForceDXC=1
r.GTSyncType=1
niagara.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
r.ShaderPipelineCache.AlwaysGenerateOSCache=0
r.XGEShaderCompile=1
r.XGEShaderCompile.Mode=1
r.XGEShaderCompile.Xml.BatchGroupSize=256
r.XGEShaderCompile.Xml.BatchSize=16
r.XGEShaderCompile.Xml.JobTimeout=0.500000
r.RHICmdAsyncRHIThreadDispatch=1
r.RHICmdBalanceParallelLists=2
r.RHICmdBalanceTranslatesAfterTasks=1
r.RHICmdBasePassDeferredContexts=1
r.RHICmdCollectRHIThreadStatsFromHighLevel=0
r.RHICmdDeferSkeletalLockAndFillToRHIThread=1
r.RHICmdPrePassDeferredContexts=1
r.RHICmdShadowDeferredContexts=1
r.RHICmdSpewParallelListBalance=0
r.RHICmdTranslucencyPassDeferredContexts=1
r.RHICmdUseDeferredContexts=1
r.RHICmdUseParallelAlgorithms=1
r.RHICmdVelocityPassDeferredContexts=1
r.RHICmdUseThread=1
r.RHICmdWidth=16
r.ParallelRendering=1
r.ParallelShadows=1
r.ParallelTranslucency=1
r.ParallelVelocity=1
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=0
r.LandscapeLODBias=0
r.ParticleLODBias=0
r.HighQualityLightMaps=1
r.CreateShadersOnLoad=1
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.AllowOcclusionQueries=1
r.OcclusionQueryLocation=1
r.AMDDisableAsyncTextureCreation=0
net.AllowAsyncLoading=1
r.AMDD3D11MultiThreadedDevice=1
r.RayTracing.AMDHitToken=1

[/script/engine.engine]
FrameRateLimit=144.000000
bEnableMouseSmoothing=False
r.OneFrameThreadLag=0
bAllowMultiThreadedShaderCompile=true

[ConsoleVariables]
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdates=1
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdatesDuringGamethreadUpdates=1
AllowAsyncRenderThreadUpdatesEditor=1
s.AsyncLoadingThreadEnabled=True

[TextureStreaming]
r.MeshStreaming=1
r.Streaming.Boost=2
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.Streaming.HLODStrategy=2
r.bForceCPUAccessToGPUSkinVerts=True
r.Streaming.FramesForFullUpdate=1
r.Streaming.UseBackgroundThreadPool=1
r.Cache.UpdateEveryFrame=1
r.Streaming.DropMips=0
r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=0
r.Streaming.MaxTempMemoryAllowed=5000
r.Streaming.MinMipForSplitRequest=0
r.Streaming.HiddenPrimitiveScale=1
r.DetailMode=3
r.LODFadeTime=0.2
r.Streaming.MipBias=0
r.Streaming.UseAllMips=1
r.Streaming.UseMaterialData=1
r.Streaming.UseNewMetrics=1
r.Streaming.UsePerTextureBias=1
GeometryCache.InterpolateFrames=1
GeometryCache.OffloadUpdate=1
r.UseAsyncShaderPrecompilation=1
r.AmbientOcclusion.AsyncComputeBudget=1
r.HZB.BuildUseCompute=1
r.MultithreadedLightmapEncode=1
r.MultithreadedShadowmapEncode=1
r.RDG.AsyncCompute=1
RHI.MaximumFrameLatency=3
r.Streaming.DefragDynamicBounds=1
s.AsyncLoadingThreadEnabled=1
r.Streaming.PoolSize=0
r.VirtualTextures=1
r.Streaming.AmortizeCPUToGPUCopy=1
r.Streaming.MaxNumTexturesToStreamPerFrame=3
r.Streaming.NumStaticComponentsProcessedPerFrame=3
s.AsyncLoadingThreadEnabled=1
s.AsyncLoadingTimeLimit=2.0
s.LevelStreamingActorsUpdateTimeLimit=1.00
s.UnregisterComponentsTimeLimit=0.00
s.AsyncLoadingUseFullTimeLimit=0
s.ContinuouslyIncrementalGCWhileLevelsPendingPurge=1
s.PriorityAsyncLoadingExtraTime=10.00
s.IoDispatcherCacheSizeMB=2048
s.LevelStreamingComponentsRegistrationGranularity=1
s.LevelStreamingComponentsUnregistrationGranularity=1
s.MaxIncomingRequestsToStall=1
s.MaxReadyRequestsToStallMB=0
s.MinBulkDataSizeForAsyncLoading=0

Last edited:
Runs fine for me at 1440p Ultra settings but no ray tracing. Hitting it with a 3080, 12700K, 16GB DDR4 and a fast 4.0 NVME.

Only issue for me is despite following a few guides, I cannot get the dualsense features to work which is really frustrating.

nikos

Posted this in the OT. Figured I'd paste it here for anybody interested.

This game is running an older version of DLSS. For those who want to use the latest version, you can download it at the site below and replace the file located in steamapps\common\Hogwarts Legacy\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Nvidia\DLSS\Binaries\ThirdParty\Win64

Could improve performance/visuals.

DLSS:

EDIT: For those playing with RTX on. Apparently if you disable RTX (while it's enabled) without restarting the game (therefore not applying) it keeps RTX on but improves performance. Not sure why, and I have yet to experiment with that.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
RTX 4080
5600X
32GB DDR4
NVMe

4K - DLSS Performance - Max - RT fully on

I'm getting around 80-90 frames. I haven't tweaked anything for performance though. I'll try the advice and report back. Thanks.

Edit: Wait.....that DLSS tweak is just for 2000/3000 series cards, right?

I’m old.. Someone explain to me how you guys are playing it already?

Early Access for Digital Deluxe buyers.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
RTX 4080
5600X
32GB DDR4
NVMe

4K - DLSS Performance - Max - RT fully on

I'm getting around 80-90 frames. I haven't tweaked anything for performance though. I'll try the advice and report back. Thanks.

Early Access for Digital Deluxe buyers.
On steam? 😳

Well I’m downloading lol

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hoping my 3060 can at least do high settings in 3440x1440. Fingers crossed.

Buggy Loop

They have RT Shadows, Reflections, and Ambient Occlusion on together. That would buckle the knees of any GPU.

RT shadows and AO are on the worthless and almost no performances hit. Reflections I can give, but again, the levels that would feature most of it that are detailed are inside and small (behind loading doors ala Metroid )

I don’t see how the game needing frame gen is considered good performance

Mister Wolf

RT shadows and AO are on the worthless and almost no performances hit. Reflections I can give, but again, the levels that would feature most of it that are detailed are inside and small (behind loading doors ala Metroid )

I don’t see how the game needing frame gen is considered good performance

RTAO has a major performance hit from what I've experienced in Midnight Suns.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Quoting myself from the OT:

Early PC impressions from me:

5800X3D, 4090, 32GB Ram.

• 4k native, DLSS upscaling off, ultra settings, all RT on (ultra) + DLSS 3 frame gen on = 80-90 fps
  • 4K DLSS quality, ultra settings, all RT on (ultra) + DLSS 3 frame gen on = ~105-120fps
  • 4K DLSS quality, ultra settings, RT off + DLSS 3 frame gen on = 120 fps locked
That's all I've tried so far since I settled on 4k native + RT + DLSS frame gen but nothing to be alarmed about as far as I can see. No issues with stuttering yet etc. The game compiles shaders upon booting the game so that's probably why, but so far it seems solid. I think I love Nvidia's fake frames.

Haven't managed to get any decent screenshots since I'm playing in HDR and screenshots always come out too dark when HDR is turned on but here's one from the opening area anyway:

TgPOs5.png

Also this game has the best fucking hair options I've ever seen for black men in a videogame I've ever seen. It's fantastic, meanwhile the white purple haired whales are crying? I don't get it. Clowns.

2 and a half hours in, yet to experience any stuttering. Looks brilliant, plays brilliantly, enjoying it much more than I thought I would.

People wanted to blame the Series S was going to hold back Games, it's going to be the steam deck lol

Oh please. Devs can ignore the steam deck entirely if they wish and there are already examples of that being the case.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

RTAO has a major performance hit from what I've experienced in Midnight Suns.

I guess you're right, although most documentation make mention that you can fuck up RTAO performances with too many samples

But i found this

What a ridiculous thing. RTAO or RTGI in Dying light 2 for the same performance. One is barely different than standard AO solution while the other is transformative. BUT RTAO costs as much as low AO when RTGI is already enabled.

So wow

Fuck any devs implementing RTAO without RTGI, fucking donkeys. Must be why i thought it costed no performances almost, probably because i would pick RTGI over anything else anyway.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

I guess you're right, although most documentation make mention that you can fuck up RTAO performances with too many samples

But i found this

What a ridiculous thing. RTAO or RTGI in Dying light 2 for the same performance. One is barely different than standard AO solution while the other is transformative. BUT costs as much as low AO when RTGI is already enabled.

So wow

Fuck any devs implementing RTAO without RTGI, fucking donkeys. Must be why i thought it costed no performances almost, probably because i would pick RTGI over anything else anyway.

I turned it on in Midnight Suns, saw the huge hit, and turned that shit right back off. Game looked exactly the same.

Buggy Loop

Looks like RTAO is broken?

Yikes. Not much of the RT implementation is any good. That reflection in the mirror, LOL. The reflections in general. Tell me this is the console RT solution the guy is playing on/off with, we only see these 1/4 or 1/8 resolution reflections on consoles as of now. This is ugly as fuck.

Last edited:
Quoting myself from the OT:

2 and a half hours in, yet to experience any stuttering. Looks brilliant, plays brilliantly, enjoying it much more than I thought I would.

Oh please. Devs can ignore the steam deck entirely if they wish and there are already examples of that being the case.
But with the steam deck always being the top overall best-selling on Steam every week, It's going to be a lot harder for these developers to not ignore the steam deck.

GHG

Gold Member
But with the steam deck always being the top overall best-selling on Steam every week, It's going to be a lot harder for these developers to not ignore the steam deck.

Take a look at how the "top selling" rankings are calculated on Steam and get back to me. It's just a low spec PC, devs can absolutely ignore it if they wish like they can any other machine with similar specs. People know what they are getting when they purchase one.

Take a look at how the "top selling" rankings are calculated on Steam and get back to me. It's just a low spec PC, devs can absolutely ignore it if they wish like they can any other machine with similar specs. People know what they are getting when they purchase one.
You're right they can ignore it if they want, but most likely a lot of them won't because they want the money from people buying this steam deck as well.

GHG

Gold Member
You're right they can ignore it if they want, but most likely a lot of them won't because they want the money from people buying this steam deck as well.

Look, you're grossly misunderstanding both the PC development process and the thought process behind minimum spec selection on PC. There's anywhere between 1-2 million Steam Decks sold at the moment, there are far more low (and lower) specced PC's out there which would represent a bigger missed opportunity than just the Steam Deck alone. It's very much a case of "if it runs then it runs" and then they will put together a recommended Steam Deck configuration if they care enough.

Aside from that it's up to the end-user to figure things out and fiddle with settings to get the game running in a fashion they are happy with, as it would be with any other PC.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Series S doesn't have to push out 4k and most games don't even run on it at 4k.
And? You can run games on the Steam Deck all the way down to 640x480, if you want to sacrifice resolution for better performance. But that's the whole point - you can also downclock the system on the fly to increase your battery life at the expense of rendering power. It's up to you, devs don't get to decide. Nobody in their right mind would make a AAA game with the specs of the Steam Deck in mind anyway, you make it for higher end GPUs - then provide users the ability to tweak settings to their liking. If someone's low end PC or Steam Deck can run your game, great. If not, oh well.

Rather than bringing the minimum spec down, the MOST harm it could do would be for developers to add additional features to their release that let users tweak the settings even further to let their games run on lower end hardware. Personally, I see that as a win.

Look, you're grossly misunderstanding both the PC development process and the thought process behind minimum spec selection on PC. There's anywhere between 1-2 million Steam Decks sold at the moment, there are far more low (and lower) specced PC's out there which would represent a bigger missed opportunity than just the Steam Deck alone. It's very much a case of "if it runs then it runs" and then they will put together a recommended Steam Deck configuration if they care enough.

Aside from that it's up to the end-user to figure things out and fiddle with settings to get the game running in a fashion they are happy with, as it would be with any other PC.
But the Lower PC can be upgraded with whatever upgrades it needs the Steam Deck can't, I'm saying for the next few years the steam deck will be Lowest common denominator when it comes to making games. They will target the lowest specs for it so it can run on it. Shit Hogwarts runs like shit on the Steam Deck but guess what, it on it. A game in a year will be on it as well and probably runs even worse. Publishers will force them to make it on it. Yes some devs and Publishers will and can ignore it, they do with Xbox and playstation but majority will not ignore it especially if it keeps selling. That's all I'm saying. The Steam Deck is the lowest common denominator now when it comes to making a game.

GHG

Gold Member
But the Lower PC can be upgraded with whatever upgrades it needs the Steam Deck can't, I'm saying for the next few years the steam deck will be Lowest common denominator when it comes to making games. They will target the lowest specs for it so it can run on it. Shit Hogwarts runs like shit on the Steam Deck but guess what, it on it. A game in a year will be on it as well and probably runs even worse. Publishers will force them to make it on it. Yes some devs and Publishers will and can ignore it, they do with Xbox and playstation but majority will not ignore it especially if it keeps selling. That's all I'm saying. The Steam Deck is the lowest common denominator now when it comes to making a game.

If you have an ATX PC and its specs are on par with that of the steam deck then there will be no easy or cheap upgrade path. There is also no evidence to suggest publishers are forcing anybody to have to make games compatible with the steam deck, it is and will always remain a "nice to have" when viable.

As for the rest, jshackles jshackles more than covered it in his previous post in this thread. You're off base, the bolded text is wrong and to make matters worse the premise of this little discussion was completely off topic.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The school definitely dips. Went into the 50s there roaming the hallways in between the first two teacher missions. I'll have to see if I leave RT on during those sections or not as the rest of the game has been great performance other than some sections of the school.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I hope they add a better setting for RT reflections, when using Nvidia Ansel as a photo mode (ALT+F2, add an empty profile for the game in NV control panel), you can force "high quality" in the Engine settings and the reflections are so much better, yet performance seems the same on a 4090 (DLSS Quality + FG, all maxed-out, 116 FPS VRR).

Frame Generation is so good (I've put Cyberpunk's DLL version 1.0.5, Hogwarts comes with 1.0.3), latency isn't even an issue anymore and I didn't notice artifacts (except in some scrolling menus as it is not disabled there).

RT AO is definitely broken, hope a patch or Game Ready Driver fixes that, default AO is still there and no visible RT AO.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Frame Generation is so good (I've put Cyberpunk's DLL version 1.0.5, Hogwarts comes with 1.0.3), latency isn't even an issue anymore and I didn't notice artifacts (except in some scrolling menus as it is not disabled there).

Seriously. It’s blowing my mind (and my cooch) how good the frame generation is. I was skeptical when they were explaining it but between this and cyberpunk I’m sold on the tech. AMD are muggles.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Im running on a 4090 with an intel 13900k, but im getting stutters. Also, in the castle at least my frame rate is ocelating between 65-90 fps. I turned frame generation off because i couldnt use vsync with it on, i was getting some prettty nasty tearing without vsync. Everything is set to ultra, using dlss quality mode

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Seriously. It’s blowing my mind (and my cooch) how good the frame generation is. I was skeptical when they were explaining it but between this and cyberpunk I’m sold on the tech. AMD are muggles.
I checked AfterBurner's graphs after playing, the 4090 FE only used 230 to 260 W to produce a crisp and fluid 4K HDR 120 FPS, GPU utilization around 70% and 60°C, stable 2700 MHz, this card is such a well made beast, and I did not even try to underclock it.

Im running on a 4090 with an intel 13900k, but im getting stutters. Also, in the castle at least my frame rate is ocelating between 65-90 fps. I turned frame generation off because i couldnt use vsync with it on, i was getting some prettty nasty tearing without vsync. Everything is set to ultra, using dlss quality mode
Force Vsync in the drivers, it works really well with Frame Generation, and if you use a VRR/GSync panel, it will limit it to 58 FPS at 60 Hz or 116 FPS at 120 Hz, and no stutter at all.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

You can turn on Vsync in the nvidia control panel

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Config: RTX 4090, i7 13700K, 32GO DDR5@6200 and the game is installed on a Firecuda 530
Unfortunately, even with this setup there are those annoying traversal stutters. Maybe the release of adapted Nvidia drivers and a patch on the 10 can help with this.

Other than that, the game is wonderful.

Top Bottom