• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hollywood sure looked different exactly 10 years ago.

brap

Banned
Discuss. Also who's the hottie behind Ayymanda Sayyfried?

O8LvGqd.jpg

brap

Banned
That's Rebecca Hall.

But enough of that, I'm here to ruin your day
6a00d83548242253ef0120a8bbb6db970b-pi
lmao wtf
ALSO IMAGINE GETTING A FUCKING TRIANGLE TATTOO ON YOUR ARM FUCKING LMAO. Female Dj Qualls needs to fuck off. Tattoos should be illegal.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I believe the woman between Amanda Seyfried and Mia Wasikowska is Rebecca Hall, but I'm not 100% certain.

That short hair on Mia makes me melt.

-Troid-

Banned
You know as a 90's kid I remember the 90's and early 2000's being pretty diverse in terms of actors/actresses. Hell even older movies from the 80's I wasn't born in to were pretty diverse.

Then the late 00's and earlys 10's I think a lot of shit was made aimed at younger suburban teenagers (Harry Potter, Twilight, hunger games), so a lot of characters from that stuff were white. Hell girls at my high school ate up Twilight regardless of ethnicity so I don't think it really bothered anyone. It was just more of a trend since alot of movies were book adaptations.

The difference between then and now is that diversity (or lack of) in Hollywood seemed to be based on trends in terms of what was being created or adapted, but then since 2013 or so when all the SJW culture war stuff started that all changed. Now diversity in representation is a cultural mandate made by a vocal minority that have an inordinate amount of power because of the advent of social media.

I guess what I'm saying is when I was younger I saw hot women of various ethnicities in movies/magazines/etc. and didn't think anything of it. Now everyone's being conditioned by traditional and social media to see everyone in terms of their race and it's honestly fucking sad.

Anyways Kirsten Stewart sucks as an actress and is the least attractive of those chicks. Emma Stone for lyfe.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
most of those chicks are still in movies. Hollywood still full of white blond women. so to me it looks exactly the same.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I watched Vicky Christina Barcelona and The Town in back to back days not that long ago and was enthralled by Rebecca Hall. But her career didn't really seem to go to where it should have.

Awww you beat me to it.

You know as a 90's kid I remember the 90's and early 2000's being pretty diverse in terms of actors/actresses. Hell even older movies from the 80's I wasn't born in to were pretty diverse.

Then the late 00's and earlys 10's I think a lot of shit was made aimed at younger suburban teenagers (Harry Potter, Twilight, hunger games), so a lot of characters from that stuff were white. Hell girls at my high school ate up Twilight regardless of ethnicity so I don't think it really bothered anyone. It was just more of a trend since alot of movies were book adaptations.

The difference between then and now is that diversity (or lack of) in Hollywood seemed to be based on trends in terms of what was being created or adapted, but then since 2013 or so when all the SJW culture war stuff started that all changed. Now diversity in representation is a cultural mandate made by a vocal minority that have an inordinate amount of power because of the advent of social media.

I guess what I'm saying is when I was younger I saw hot women of various ethnicities in movies/magazines/etc. and didn't think anything of it. Now everyone's being conditioned by traditional and social media to see everyone in terms of their race and it's honestly fucking sad.

Anyways Kirsten Stewart sucks as an actress and is the least attractive of those chicks. Emma Stone for lyfe.

There was a weird period of time there in the the late 00's and early 10's where media got pretty white, I don't really know what was up with that but fucking hell has there been waaaaaaaaaaaay too much of an overcorrection on that since.

brap

Banned
It's like every time I watch a movie from the 80s or 90s there's a bunch of minorities in them. Speed is basically all minorities on the bus. And so many asians in them too. Where the fuck did all the asians in movies go?

Karmic Raze

It's like every time I watch a movie from the 80s or 90s there's a bunch of minorities in them. Speed is basically all minorities on the bus. And so many asians in them too. Where the fuck did all the asians in movies go?

They got bitch slapped back to Bangkok.

Top Bottom