• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homefront 2 footage leaked

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I worked on the community for 1 pretty heavily and have been in contact with Crytek a bit. Nothing stirring quite yet, but hopefully they'll talk about the game's future soon. I plan to be there for the community again.

Borman

It's real, pretty certain I know who owns it now. I was offered it but I dont go for 360 stuff really after the mess that was Battlefront 3. Edit: 360 build by the way.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Someone save this stuff before it's taken down!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Which is exactly why I wasnt willing to go for it. Lost my Youtube account once hah.

It would be for passing along through PM's, definitely not to be put in public.

Sorry about your account though!

Borman

It would be for passing along through PM's, definitely not to be put in public.

Sorry about your account though!

Look up a few posts for the other half. What I meant is if I had paid what people were asking for the game, the videos that I would inevitably make would lead to a closed Youtube account, again hah. I collect unreleased builds, and was offered this one a while back.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Guys, someone should download the video and upload it to Dailymotion. This will most likely be removed from YouTube.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, Homefront 1 sucked. But besides that, the servers went down when Crytek took control of the IP. Would they mind resolving this? I'm not ever going to play it online, but it's a real bummer for the people who did.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Wasn't this part of the SuperDaE leak thing? Did some actually download that torrent in full?

Borman

Wasn't this part of the SuperDaE leak thing? Did some actually download that torrent in full?

It was sold separately. Guarantee it. And I guarantee you could probably buy it too if you were interested. That's why I dont go for 360 stuff, Im not a big fan of constant reselling. One for all, or none for all is preferred for me. Thus why Im broke and cant afford as much as some of the big players.

Swishh

Banned
I worked on the community for 1 pretty heavily and have been in contact with Crytek a bit. Nothing stirring quite yet, but hopefully they'll talk about the game's future soon. I plan to be there for the community again.

Hah! I remember you were the mod for the homefront forums. Those days were pretty hectic with everyone complaining (and rightfully so).

Homefront literally froze on me 5 times in 20 mins or so. It was awful.

But the MP when it worked was great.

F4r0_Atak

Hmm, could it be an X1 exclusive?

With Crytek latest outing Ryse: Son of Rome to be X1 exclusive, I would not be surprise to see this one to becoming one too.

But Crytek may get a severe backlash from both PC and PS fans from making it exclusive to one platform... Then again, it seems they were looking for a new publisher. Maybe it started out as a Xbox One exclusive and could end up being multiplat again.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit, mods! Now this video will be taken down!
Thanks for the split bump!

EDIT: Borman, I don't want you to get too specific (because of your contacts and all), but I'm curious to know, how do this builds leak for them to be sold?

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
It was sold separately. Guarantee it. And I guarantee you could probably buy it too if you were interested. That's why I dont go for 360 stuff, Im not a big fan of constant reselling. One for all, or none for all is preferred for me. Thus why Im broke and cant afford as much as some of the big players.
Wait, what? I have no idea what you are alluding to—could you elaborate a little more here?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, what? I have no idea what you are alluding to—could you elaborate a little more here?

I think he means he's one of those guys who is lucky enough to know another guy who sells this kind of early builds.

EDIT: On SuperDAE: In Kotaku's article, Dae affirmed to have played games like Sleeping Dogs 2 and Homefront 2 on the XB1 he had built. EDIT 2: Duh, you were the one who wrote about the Kotaku article haha.

Borman

Dammit, mods! Now this video will be taken down!
Thanks for the split bump!

EDIT: Borman, I don't want you to get too specific (because of your contacts and all), but I'm curious to know, how do this builds leak for them to be sold?

Depends on the game. Sadly, with a lot of current games, there is a lot of hacking into servers going on, thus why I am extremely hesitant. It's very rare that a current gen developer (or former dev) shares anything privately. Other builds are found in dev kit sales when someone takes them or the company goes belly up, or if the kit was sent to be recycled without being wiped first.

For this one specifically, I dont know. Didnt ask the questions, just passed on it immediately.

Edit: To make it clear, I was offered this game.

And to be more clear, a lot of people, more recently, buy the games, then sell copies individually to other people, making quite a bit of money. Ill admit, Ive almost done it, recently in fact, when bills come up and it is too tight, but I havent. Trading is one thing, selling over and over and over again crosses the line.

I prefer a community release to recoupe some of the funds. That way everyone enjoys, no one else profits, and the shadiness is decreased. Of course, if a company like Microsoft comes along, people like myself can easily be out, say, $1500 hah

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Depends on the game. Sadly, with a lot of current games, there is a lot of hacking into servers going on, thus why I am extremely hesitant. It's very rare that a current gen developer (or former dev) shares anything privately. Other builds are found in dev kit sales when someone takes them or the company goes belly up, or if the kit was sent to be recycled without being wiped first.

For this one specifically, I dont know. Didnt ask the questions, just passed on it immediately.

Edit: To make it clear, I was offered this game.

Hesitant because it could be illegal, I guess?

EDIT to your edit: Oh I see. Of course. What do you mean when a company like MS comes along and you can easily be out? Sell builds of their games? Can be tempting, that's for sure!

Dang0

I really liked homefront's multiplayer, I spent more time in it then any other multiplayer game. It looks like multiplayers staying pretty faithful so I'm hyped. I hope they improve SP though, it was awful in the first game (though I still think it was better then Battlefield 3's campaign.

I wonder how far away this is, it looks like a really early build, characters where in default 'arms out' position and a lot of textures were missing.

Borman

Many prototypes can be illegal in some way. But you have to draw the line somewhere, how far are you willing to go to preserve something? Ill buy games, original disks, and whathaveyou, because if a developer let it out of their hands deliberately, so be it, but if I know it has likely been hacked or likely has some other layer of deception that Im not comfortable with, I don't do it.

EDIT to your edit: Oh I see. Of course. What do you mean when a company like MS comes along and you can easily be out? Sell builds of their games? Can be tempting, that's for sure!

On the edit, I was doing a public release of 4 n64 prototypes. I paid over 2500 to get them and preserve them, and had hoped to recoupe at least 2000 of it. I got to just under 1000 before Microsoft found out (RARE prototypes, so MS held the rights). Now, they are within their rights, and I cant blame them, but the fact is that if fundraising isn't done, these games are going to disappear.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Many prototypes can be illegal in some way. But you have to draw the line somewhere, how far are you willing to go to preserve something? Ill buy games, original disks, and whathaveyou, because if a developer let it out of their hands deliberately, so be it, but if I know it has likely been hacked or likely has some other layer of deception that Im not comfortable with, I don't do it.

On the edit, I was doing a public release of 4 n64 prototypes. I paid over 2500 to get them and preserve them, and had hoped to recoupe at least 2000 of it. I got to just under 1000 before Microsoft found out (RARE prototypes, so MS held the rights). Now, they are within their rights, and I cant blame them, but the fact is that if fundraising isn't done, these games are going to disappear.

Applaud your efforts, friend. I wish I had the money and the contacts to be able to preserve landmark games and builds of videogames.

So, did MS close down your fundraising?

Borman

Applaud your efforts, friend. I wish I had the money and the contacts to be able to preserve landmark games and builds of videogames.

So, did MS close down your fundraising?

Yep, a wonderful letter with some less-than-accurate details, but thats all it takes hah. But I still raise money for things not related to Microsoft, since builds still cost money, and Im still out of it, it just doesnt go directly to releasing those builds, since they wouldnt like that...and stuff hah. Im working on acquired about 7 debug consoles that hopefully have decent stuff on it, but again, looking at over 2000$.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, a wonderful letter with some less-than-accurate details, but thats all it takes hah. But I still raise money for things not related to Microsoft, since builds still cost money, and Im still out of it, it just doesnt go directly to releasing those builds, since they wouldnt like that...and stuff hah.

Shame. Specially being N64 Rare games and all. As long as it's preserved by someone, I'm happy though.

i highly doubt it'll be exclusive, it's neither new IP with potential to explode on the scene nor significantly established IP worth the exclusivity.

jond76

Banned
I really liked Homefront multiplayer. The only thing I hated was the lack of destructible environments.

Looking forward to this.

Tapejara

Wonder how far along in development this footage is; the D-pad symbol in multiplayer looks like it resembles the 360 pad more than the One's.

Hope they're really working on improving the singleplayer though. I liked the concept for the original (even bought the book!), but the final product was pretty boring.

So, Homefront 1 sucked. But besides that, the servers went down when Crytek took control of the IP. Would they mind resolving this? I'm not ever going to play it online, but it's a real bummer for the people who did.

Wow I can't believe I'm just finding this out - and I was thinking of hopping on multiplayer recently.

Borman

Wonder how far along in development this footage is; the D-pad symbol in multiplayer looks like it resembles the 360 pad more than the One's.

Hope they're really working on improving the singleplayer though. I liked the concept for the original (even bought the book!), but the final product was pretty boring.

Wow I can't believe I'm just finding this out - and I was thinking of hopping on multiplayer recently.

Like I said, this is the 360 build from quite a few months ago.

Dang0

i highly doubt it'll be exclusive, it's neither new IP with potential to explode on the scene nor significantly established IP worth the exclusivity.

I feel theres a decent chance its an exclusive. Sure its not a huge franchise, but it sold over a million copies and had a strong multiplayer community (at least on xbox) right up until the servers were shut down after THQ collapsed. Plus its not like Microsoft or Sony would need to pay as much as it would cost to build a game from scratch since THQ paid to get it started.

I wonder if Crytek would be able to self publish Homefront 2, since they own the IP now. Do they have the resources to do something like that?

Chinner

Banned
wow the graphics are not very good, come on game designers, am i supposed to believe this is supposed to be set in some kind of papercraft world?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I feel theres a decent chance its an exclusive. Sure its not a huge franchise, but it sold over a million copies and had a strong multiplayer community (at least on xbox) right up until the servers were shut down after THQ collapsed. Plus its not like Microsoft or Sony would need to pay as much as it would cost to build a game from scratch since THQ paid to get it started.

I wonder if Crytek would be able to self publish Homefront 2, since they own the IP now. Do they have the resources to do something like that?

They might have the resources, but they might think that the IP can compete with the big ones (BF, COD) which might be suicidal for them.

It's much better if a publisher takes the fall if the game ends up being a bomba.

Dang0

wow the graphics are not very good, come on game designers, am i supposed to believe this is supposed to be set in some kind of papercraft world?

I really hope your joking, its obviously an early build that hasn't been textured yet.

Top Bottom