• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homefront: The Revolution boxart leaked (Dev: Crytek, Pub: Deep Silver)

hf-610x724.jpg

Boxart for Homefront: The Revolution, Crytek’s sequel to Kaos’ 2011 FPS Homefront, has appeared online on Swedish website FZ. No details beyond that it’s a first-person action shooter due in 2015 have been given so far.

In a trend-bucking move, no PS3 version is listed on the site. Should games still be released cross-gen, or is it time for new-gen-only titles? And what are your hopes for the Homefront series now that visual wizard Crytek is in charge?

Source.

Volotaire

I'll be quite pleased if there is no cross gen version, a Crytek game can benefit a lot from a minimum benchmark of the new consoles.

AHA-Lambda

Deep Silver continuing the THQ legacy it seems.

Will need gameplay before we can judge anything obviously.
First game was awful but this basically is a complete redo, right?

Edit: people thought this would be exclusive? Who the hell would buy exclusive rights for a Homefront sequel?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I liked the first game. Lets hope the MP is as fun as the first game.

More like lets hope they actually deal with all the hackers and cheaters as thats what seriously ruined what could have been excellent MP. The maps they had and weapons quite amusing.

Vico

Considering it was being announced today, there was no way it would be exclusive to Xbox One since Forza Horizon 2 seems to be announced today too.

Moonlight

Banned
The plot of Homefront was almost offensively terrible, but I'm intrigued at how much they're going to milk the narrative concept.

Dabanton

More like lets hope they actually deal with all the hackers and cheaters as thats what seriously ruined what could have been excellent MP. The maps they had and weapons quite amusing.

I don't recall encountering any on the 360 version. What were they doing?

Homefront 1 was incredibly bad, I don't have hope for this one. Crytek is making generic shooters since the first Crysis.

Also that pose reminds me of

Crysis-3-Final-Box-Art-Revealed.jpg

GavinUK86

First game was great. Had an awesome Red Dawn feel to it. The campaign ended waaaay too quickly though. Hopefully Crytek will sort that out and give us a 10+ hour one with decent multiplayer. No last-gen should mean it's going to be one hell of a looker.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I don't recall encountering any on the 360 version. What were they doing?

Wallhacking / speed hack. Was quite irritating. THQ didnt seem to do anything about it either. Think there was an invincibility one also. Since recall one match where one guy on the opposing team just was not dying. Another guy was blasting him with the APC and nothing.

I was quite sad since as shitty as the SP was, the MP would have been excellent if it wasnt for that.

Kayant

Well never thought it was going to be exclusive didn't really fit with gamespot's description and Crytek have sad they will have a PS4 title in development in the past.

Look like shinobi's info was good.

I wonder why EA isn't publishing this time.

DieH@rd

Banned
There's a Homefront sequel being made?

Was there really that much of a demand after the first one?

There was not much demand, but THQ saw that the franchise has the potential.

Crytek's production of Homefront 2 is a veeeeeeery old news. THQ gave them the gig, and Crytek purchased the IP publically few years later after THQ went down.

But what Crytek team is responsible for this?
I think their UK team, which is made from devs who created Timesplitters games. Main German team worked over the last few years on Crysis 3 and Ryse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crytek_UK

RetroStu

Banned
I thought it was obvious that this wasn't going to be the X1 exclusive people were talking about. I mean i know Ryse was exclusive but Microsoft pretty much funded that i believe.

This game probably won't be a huge seller so it could be a waste of time and money to develop it for one system.

There was not much demand, but THQ saw that the franchise has the potential.

Crytek's production of Homefront 2 is a veeeeeeery old news. THQ gave them the gig, and Crytek purchased the IP publically few years later after THQ went down.

Er, wouldn't Deep Silver own it now? They bought Saint's Row and Metro, after all.

Top Bottom