• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homefront: The Revolution boxart leaked (Dev: Crytek, Pub: Deep Silver)

Hellraider

Man they own the Timesplitters IP but make this instead? SMH

I really don't understand this. They can make a shooter. Why go for a universally panned franchise, with a single mediocre (or terrible depending on whom you ask) game while having the Timesplitters name, a franchise with three universally acclaimed games and at least a small dedicated fanbase?

LiamR

Homefront was not a good game, but I liked the general premise of it. It has some potential. I'd give this a shot if it was well reviewed.

That's... hmm. I guess no-one else would have bought it...

Well, when THQ went belly up they already had contracted Crytek to bring back/reimagine the franchise after Kaos studios went under, and they had been working on it for awhile. Crytek didn't want to bin the work and I guess saw potential in what they'd created, so they just went and bought the franchise, rather than overhaul what they'd done as a new game. This began as THQ trying to make something of the IP.

hf-610x724.jpg

At least the Free Radical guys get to do a shooter. And hey, Homefront had potential, maybe without THQ to fuck things up this one can live up to it?

scitek

Yeah, I remember that, weird :/

Obviously not with both this and Ryse though.

I think it was supposed to start after Homefront 2. They might have shifted their strategy, though. They seem to be moving onto "games as a service" now instead, unless that's the same thing.

antitrop

No idea why they're making a Homefront sequel. Crytek hasn't made a good game since 2007, either. So I'm not sure why I'm supposed to care, either.

MayMay

Banned
Oh my god, that boxart :lol

I'm definitely interested though - want to see what Crytek does with the IP.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Homefront was horrible. It was basically a re-skinned Call of Duty. The original devs of the game were practically COD-groupies. The controls were crap, frame rate was crap, gunplay was crap, audio for the guns didn't match when you fired the weapon and stopped firing...i.e., after letting go of the trigger the gun still had about .7 seconds of firing sound.

Horse

Banned
I wish it was third person, I'd like to be able to see a character that looks like that instead of just his hands.

Liked the first game though.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Big maps commeth.

fantomena

That's one helluva generic and boring subtitle on one helluva boring boxart.

They really din't have more creativity than jus tputting a guy on the front of the cover holding a gun?

Mr. Desu

Do you usually have fun with boxes?
The reversible art on UMVC3 is fun, and there are quite a few collectors edition box is fun to open.

By bored, though, I mean that I feel really uninterested. Boring looking box art, the title HOMEFRONT and Crytek. Not feelin it.

Top Bottom