• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hometown Story coming to Europe in April

maxcriden

Sep 15, 2013
www.neogaf.com

Hometown Story's pedigree is easy to identify — it's the creation of Yasuhiro Wada, the man who masterminded the Harvest Moon franchise before starting his own small company, Toybox. His studio's title arrived in North America last October, and a recent video interview confirms that publisher Rising Star Games will release the game in Europe in April.
Video interview at the link:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/02/hometown_story_prepares_to_open_its_doors_in_europe_this_april

Robin64

Dec 7, 2011
England, UK
Sorry for the large-ish bump, but I was browsing the UK eShop and saw this there. "From the father of Harvest Moon" had me interested, but there seems to be very little excitement about this game on the internet.

US-ers, was it not that good?

Vandole

Aug 11, 2013
I hated it. I wanted to like it so much. I put in 30 hours and after a lot of "its finally starting to get good" moments that didn't pan out I gave up. It was my biggest disappointment of 2013.

The game just felt like too passive of an experience. Any strategy you put into running the shop is wasted because anything you put out to sell will get bought regardless and usually quickly. And in most of the stories you really feel like an observer more than a participant.