• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeworld 3 is alive

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
In 2019, Gearbox and Blackbird announced the next part in the Homeworld series

1567237664-9473-jaquette-avant.jpg

Homeworld 3 will be the true sequel to the legendary space-faring RTS. The game promises to return the series to its roots with a gripping continuation of the story, fully 3D combat, and the classic RTS elements you expect.

With Homeworld 3, the team’s first priority is to deliver a game that immediately looks, sounds, and feels like Homeworld.
Blackbird aims to nail that incredible scale of space and conflict and deliver a powerful story that picks up just at the end of Homeworld 2.
For music, Paul Ruskay reprises his role as composer to ensure we nail the iconic soundscape that fans remember. Homeworld 3 will also deliver best-in-class fleet combat in fully-3D space. Furthermore, the game will support multiplayer modes/options.

Lastly, Gearbox aims to release Homeworld 3 in Q4 2022.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Wow. I was playing Homeworld remastered this past week and kept thinking how damn awesome that game was for its age and how the lore/cutscenes have aged well. Definitely underrated franchise. There's something really unique about it.

Boneless

I am a big fan of Homeworld 1 and 2 but the frigate clip has gotten me concerned in a lot of ways, it looks poor unfortunately. The railgun, the way the gunpart of the frigate opens and shakes, it looks weird, the explosion seems like poor quality.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
I love the homeworld series so this is great to see. One of my favorite RTS games, up there with Warcraft series.

Top Bottom