• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homosexual marriage? Pedophilia? Pfft, Great Greed did it first.

ReyVGM

Great Greed is a decent monochromatic Dragon Quest clone for the Game Boy released in 1992 where everyone and everything has a food-related name.

Throughout the game you encounter several NPC's that help you out: a couple of guys, an old woman, but the rest of them are the King's daughters.

After beating the game, you are given the choice of marrying one of the daughters as a thank you. But just for fun, instead of choosing one of the daughters, I tried saying "Yes" to one of the guys (hilariously named Lunch Box and Lunch Break), expecting the usual JRPG "yes/no" questions in which the game forces you to pick an answer or else the conversation doesn't continue... but I was surprised to realize that you can totally say yes to marrying them... and the rest of ending reflects that option!
It's hard to see due to the minuscule sprites, but the text says it all.

ggreed-1.png

Pedophilia? One of the king's daughter is 11 years old... and you can certainly marry her too:

ggreed-3.png

But wait, there's more. You can marry the Queen and even the King:

ggreed-2.png
ggreed-4.png

And of course, since you can marry the King himself, then you can also marry the old woman and one of the daughters who's already married to someone else. This game is sick sick sick and got away with it!

Wanace

...All Right, I understand. I will accept it.

Hilarious. I never beat that game but I think I have it lying around in a closet somewhere.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm high as fuck and what am I suppose to be seeing? Gay pedo marriage that you agreed to?

No dude. You can either get gay married OR marry an 11 year old. Who'd marry some boy whose balls haven't even dropped? Think before you speak.

Kurdel

Banned
why the fuck would I want to play a game with pedophilia?

Oh come on, this is clearly some kind of open ended joke choice at the end of a game, rather than a sick pedophile simulator.

If they had a royal dog, I am sure you could have married it.

And it would have been hilarious.

duckroll

Holy crap. I have no idea what I'm even looking at here. I've never heard of this game, and the OP does a poor job of explaining what the actual game is about, so the only context I have are those screens and I'm wondering how high they were when they put those lines into the game. Lolz.

Holy crap. I have no idea what I'm even looking at here. I've never heard of this game, and the OP does a poor job of explaining what the actual game is about, so the only context I have are those screens and I'm wondering how high they were when they put those lines into the game. Lolz.

I'm honestly just laughing here.

I have no idea what I should be posting.

Ferrio

Banned
Technically it doesn't have to be pedophilia. Could be just marrying the daughter to get into the royal family and just keeping mistresses on the side until she comes of age.

ReyVGM

What the game is about is irrelevant really. What's important are the choices you have available at the end, which I explained. But I'll embellish it a bit just for you.

Ah, I liked this game when I was a kid.

I hope it gets released for Virtual Console. Namco already has Pac-Man up, so they're on board.

Right?

Great Greed was my very first Game Boy RPG. Brutally difficult for a young child to play through.

I ended up going back to it while in college and finally beat it. The game is surprisingly not bad. The music, especially, is fantastic.

Dat BioHaz Theme.

sakipon

I think this is absolutely great. There's not much harm. It sounds most of the gamers will rush to choose one of daughters anyway and will miss these dialogues.

Separately, yeah.
Getting married to two people at the same time would be sick, obviously the King has to draw some moral lines.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Pedophilia? One of the king's daughter is 11 years old... and you can certainly marry her too:

ggreed-3.png

This is actually a Japanese cultural reference. In the story of Hikaru Genji, the titular character kidnaps a young girl (around 11 iirc) from poverty and raises her to be his wife. This is thus known as The Hikaru Genji Plan.

Top Bottom