• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hoods Outlaws And Legends

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Matchmaking also takes way too dang long. At least people dont drop out every match like rogue company.
Ditto, and they need to fix the melee mechanics. It feels way too clunky for this to be a game based on thieves. the homing on John's attacks are ridiculous. You can play ring around the rosie with Marianne, walking in circles around an enemy and still get a "stealth kill". Robin needs to have more arrows and lower activation time on his aoe skill and the monk dude can one shot Robin or Marianne it feels like. Monk is OP as hell.

I also don't like the idea that you can get the treasure hoisted 95% of the way and if the other team gets the last 5% they somehow win?

kunonabi

Ditto, and they need to fix the melee mechanics. It feels way too clunky for this to be a game based on thieves. the homing on John's attacks are ridiculous. You can play ring around the rosie with Marianne, walking in circles around an enemy and still get a "stealth kill". Robin needs to have more arrows and lower activation time on his aoe skill and the monk dude can one shot Robin or Marianne it feels like. Monk is OP as hell.

I also don't like the idea that you can get the treasure hoisted 95% of the way and if the other team gets the last 5% they somehow win?
Sad thing is you can put perks on Marianne that makes it practically impossible for the monk to hit her.

the stealth kill system does indeed require an overhaul. There either needs to be a timed invulnerability to it from when they leave your fov or some other requirement for them.

And yeah the winch system is borked. Stealth might as well not be in the game since it all comes down to fighting over the winch for like 10 minutes. I think I've had one game where we managed to actually sneak through the majority of the match and got the chest extricated without the other team finding us.

Last edited:

wipeout364

I’ve played about 12 hours now and it’s a fun game. There are lots of issues but if you like something different in your competitive multiplayer games this one is firing on all cylinders. I hesitated when I saw the initial impressions but it’s really a lot of fun.

Matchmaking has been sped up so waiting time is down and it’s crossplay so that helps. Matches are pretty well balanced I’ve only had a couple where my team have been completely destroyed.

I would recommend it if you enjoy class based multiplayer, it plays a little bit like for honor but much more stealth based.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Hood: Outlaws & Legends launches its deadly new Mountain heist free for all players

Hood: Outlaws and Legends, the multiplayer PvPvE heist game from Sumo Digital and Focus Home Interactive, today launches its first free new heist for all players! Made up of two distinct areas connected by bridges, the mix of long sightlines and tight, coverless overpasses make today’s Mountain map a fresh, deadly challenge for all would-be Outlaws. Watch the Mountain Map Update Trailer for a glimpse of the treacherous environment before sneaking into this brand new heist!

A treasure vault of exciting free content still to come

The Hood journey is only beginning. Since its release, Focus and Sumo have been actively working on the game’s improvement by listening carefully to community feedback in order to offer the best heist experience possible. The game has already received a number of gameplay updates and tweaks, while players can look forward to even more free content over the course of this year. A highly-anticipated co-op PvE mode is still set to arrive as part of the current season, Litha, while a free, game-changing new outlaw arrives next season.

Hood: Outlaws & Legends is available now on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. Get the Year 1 Edition, including the base game and Year 1 Battle Pass Pack, to access three premium Battle Passes, due to be released after the initial free Season, for a year of exclusive cosmetics!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A free update for the co-op PvPvE heist game, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, adds a new stealth-focused PvE game mode: State Heist. Watch the trailer for a look at what to expect with the update, available now.

State Heist mode replaces the enemy player team with even deadlier opposition from the AI-controlled State, introducing challenging new mechanics that emphasize stealth and cooperation. Your team of four will be pitted against a far more dangerous and responsive State, with limitations on respawning for a completely new dynamic that requires a more careful and methodical approach for success.

Hood: Outlaws & Legends is available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

kunonabi

State heist is so much more fun than the regular mode. If I had actual teammates it would be even better.

I need to try the State Heist. I loved the PvP but it took them too long to balance Marianne, I think how fucking broken she was, pushed a lot of people away.

Bartski

Gold Member
I think PvP looked so bad in some preview streams I didn't even bother following the news, if it's PvE only this could be way more interesting

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Meet the new outlaw, Eidaa, and get a look at what to expect with Season 1: Samhain of the co-op PvPvE heist game, Hood: Outlaws & Legends.

The latest trailer for the game gives a peek at what's coming in Season 1, including the winch mechanic rework, new maps for the recently introduced State Heist PvE mode, new cosmetics through the first Battle Pass, along with the new outlaw, Eidaa.

Hood: Outlaws & Legends' Season 1: Samhain kicks off on September 2, 2021.

Kagey K

Banned
Free to play weekend on now for Gold/GPU member who are interested in trying this game out.

Last edited:

M.W.

What a shit game. Me and friends were excited when this launched but then quickly realized how ass it was. Horrible combat.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Hood: Outlaws & Legends opens the doors to Season 1: Samhain with a new playable character, gameplay reworks, cosmetics, and more

Hood: Outlaws & Legends, the multiplayer heist game from Sumo Digital and Focus Home Interactive on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, launches Season 1: Samhain, which includes exciting new content, upgrades, and bug fixes. Get a complete look at the new sword-swinging outlaw, the gameplay reworks, and cosmetics in the Season 1 Trailer!

Eidaa has Arrived!
The newest outlaw, Eidaa, has come to battle against the State. She is a talented skirmisher who brings both sword and sorcery to the field.

As a hybrid character, Eidaa is capable of both dodging and parrying her way to victory. While she effectively keeps up the pressure, she has lower health than the other melee characters, and careful stamina management will be the key to success.

Her abilities include replenishing vital gearboxes to keep her and her allies in top shape and setting a tar bomb that slows and damages enemies. Her ultimate is a magical shield that can block enemy projectiles, perfect for locking down key sightlines and protecting essential objectives.

Like the other characters, she comes with several cosmetics and perks to customize her look and feel while out on heists!

The Winch Rework
Season 1 also introduces a new rework for the Winch System. The final fight to the finish will now be score based, with the team requiring a certain amount of completed Notches to win the game. Completing the early-game objectives, like pickpocketed the Sheriff, opening the vault, and placing the chest, will grant you a significant head start. This rewards teams who work quickly and quietly for the final phase of the heist.

New Co-op Maps
Three new maps are brought to State Heist, the new co-op mode, in Season 1. You will now be able to attack a fortified snow-tipped keep in Mountain, battle across the cliffy shores of Coastal, and assault the swampy wetlands of Marshland.

Unlock Exclusive Cosmetics with The Battle Pass
Alongside Season 1 is Hood: Outlaws and Legends' first Battle Pass. Unlock a wide variety of unique outlaw appearances, weapons, and banners to defeat your foes with both style and skill.

The Hood journey is just getting started! Since release, Focus and Sumo have been actively working on the game's improvement by listening carefully to community feedback to offer the best heist experience possible. The game has already received several gameplay updates and tweaks, while players can look forward to more free content over this year.

Hood: Outlaws & Legends is available now on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. Get the Year 1 Edition, including the base game and Year 1 Battle Pass Pack, to access three premium Battle Passes for a year of exclusive cosmetics!

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Hood: Outlaws & Legends - Season 3: Ostara has landed, bringing cross-platform squadding and a wealth of Battle Pass cosmetics!

Sumo Digital and Focus Entertainment are thrilled to announce the release of Season 3: Ostara for Hood: Outlaws & Legends, the stealth-combat cooperative heist game. Available today, Season 3: Ostara includes a battle pass bursting with unique cosmetics, as well as a much anticipated feature: cross-platform squadding. See the new content in today’s new trailer!

Join your friends’ squads from any platform!

After today’s free update, no Outlaw will be left behind, with full cross-platform invites allowing players to group up before heists.

With the Season 3: Ostara Battle Pass, begin earning unique new cosmetics by playing matches and climbing the ranks. Over a hundred epic new cosmetics have arrived to bolster the already extensive collection of outfits, weapon skins, and banners, giving each player the power to decide the look of their legend.

Hood is now included with PlayStation Plus!
Good news for all PS Plus subscribers, Hood: Outlaws & Legends is now available in the PlayStation Plus’ April roster. A unique occasion for players to test the heist game with its brand-new cross-invite feature, and grind the third Battle Pass for Spring Season Ostara.
Season 3: Ostara is available now! Hood: Outlaws & Legends is available on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. Get the Season 3: Ostara Battle Pass + 25 tiers Bundle to get a head start on your collection at a reduced price.

Top Bottom