• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hori Fighting Stick for Wii

D.Lo

If the remote docks in it (like a VMU in the DC stick), and therefore it's wireless, and has full classic controller compatibility, this will be amazing.

It would need an analogue mode to navigate the menus. But given it has a home button, it seems this would be likely.

Now if only someone would release that tiny patch allowing Metal Slug Anthology to use the classic controller...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
drohne said:
there's some fundamental incompatibility between an arcade stick and wii's tampon packaging aesthetic.

Not really... White is the color of Sega candy cabs and such.

soulhouf said:
Hori are known for their accessories high quality.
Remember:

ss02.jpg

Without this controller I couldn't play Soul Calibur 2.
This controller sucked balls. I bought it for GBA games. And why the hell would you play SCII with a D-pad?

Did everyone forget SFII Turbo would benefit the most from this? Possibly MKA, the upcoming Art of Fighting collection and the Metal Slug Anthology.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
evilromero said:
This controller sucked balls. I bought it for GBA games. And why the hell would you play SCII with a D-pad?

Have you seen the fighting stick options for Cube?

gkryhewy

BETTER DEAL ALERT:

You can pre-order this from Yesasia.com for 59.99 with free worldwide shipping. US customers use coupon code "US" by the 4th of July :)lol ) for $5 off, making the total 54.99 rather than ~77 USD from Play-Asia.

LINK

Jirotrom

YAY!!!! Im getting this for all the VC fighters coming and guilty gear and KOF XI and art of fighting. I was hoping for this:D

aoi tsuki said:
i haven't been following games that much, but are there many non-VC fighting games for Wii?
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, and SNK has strongly implied that they will be putting future 2D releases on the Wii. Milestone (Chaos Field, Radio Allergy guys) have confirmed they're working on a shooter (probably Karous, 2D Crow based shooter)for the Wii.

and Art of Fighting Anthology (yay?) has been rated for Wii, but no movement has been seen since.

I'd still rather see the Guncon 3, with support, for the Wii, but that stick shure is awfully purty.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
The HG Virtua Stick has really spoilt us huh? After getting used to it (or pictures of it), this stuff looks like really gimmicky crap.

But then, this is what they've looked like in the past...

I cant believe they have a turbo switch for every button.

I dont remember the Hori Fighting Stick 3 having a Turbo switch for every button. Everything other than the top row of buttons/switches, this seems exactly the same as the FS3 and the 360 stick.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
I doubt it would work for Metal Slug Anthology. It doesn't even support the classic controller. How would it suddenly support the fighting stick?

Metal Slug Anthology Special Edition plz.

gkrykewy said:
BETTER DEAL ALERT:

You can pre-order this from Yesasia.com for 59.99 with free worldwide shipping. US customers use coupon code "US" by the 4th of July :)lol ) for $5 off, making the total 54.99 rather than ~77 USD from Play-Asia.

LINK
Danke, just pre-ordered this thing right now. =)

Scenester

fallengorn said:
I doubt it would work for Metal Slug Anthology. It doesn't even support the classic controller. How would it suddenly support the fighting stick?

Metal Slug Anthology Special Edition plz.

The most criminal thing about the controls for MSA is the fact that cant use the friggn d-pad on the wavebird! Havent even entertained the thought of playing with a Wii remote as I shudder at the thought of shaking the control to throw an effing grenade.

Scenester

gkrykewy said:
BETTER DEAL ALERT:

LINK

I am very tempted, but I thinkI'll wait until the thig comes out so I can know if its compatible with MSA and Gamecube games. Im guessing that if it supports GC titles you can use it for Metal Slug Anthology also as that has GC pad support... *shrug*

evilromero said:

Did everyone forget SFII Turbo would benefit the most from this? Possibly MKA, the upcoming Art of Fighting collection and the Metal Slug Anthology.

It worked beautifully with Soul Calibur 2. I used it for Capcom Vs Snk 2 EO as well, the control is solid and the D-pad is very good, it has the right size and feel (except that you can't pull off Zangief's Full circle Grab moves).

For SC2 it was downright amazing, best controller for that game.

I still use those controllers for some Virtual Console games. Its a shame about the button layout for some of them.

Theres still a suprisingly decent amount of fighting games for the Wii, Dragon Ball Z - Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, and of course the Virtual Console titles.

Still, when exactly are Neo Geo games coming to the VC?

therapist

If it works for all VC games , and Metal Slug then its worth it.
Otherwise,not at the moment.

And imo, its REALLY ugly.

Edit : It probably looks a lot better in person , but for some reason i think it looks hideous in the shots ive seen. Would prefer a different color or something.

ShinNL

soulhouf said:
Hori are known for their accessories high quality.
Remember:

ss02.jpg

Without this controller I couldn't play Soul Calibur 2.
I love this controller, I played SC2 tournaments with this xD

I even got GC adapters so I can use this on my PC.

Really love this controller *heart* <3

gkryhewy

gkrykewy said:
BETTER DEAL ALERT:

LINK

BOO. Yesasia raised their price to 74.99. I pre-ordered one yesterday, but wanted to order a second.

Still waiting for my YesAsia purchase to come in. ;_;

I think I'll just get a second one from the local import store. I finally got my mail-in rebates for my mobile and my bail from the speeding ticket I beat so it's time to splurge. :D

I wish they'd let you plug the controller into the actual unit instead of having a cable.

It could use the weight I reckon.

CTLance

Visualante said:
I wish they'd let you plug the controller into the actual unit instead of having a cable.

It could use the weight I reckon.

Yeah, it looks like there's plenty space for a compartement for the Wiimote. I mean, the Wiimote itself has these guide rail things on the side for a reason.

Whatever. I want it, somehow. Why and for what game, I don't know. LONG LIVE CONSUMERISM! :D

Just bought a second Fighting Stick to supplement the first one I'm still waiting for in the mail. It's so convenient having an import store close to work. :D

TheGreatDave said:
I have no use for it...yet it's so tempting.

Same here to be honest, it just looks so sexy. Then again my VC collection is increasing by the day so it woould get some use and if I can get it working via bluetooth with my laptop, then things could get interesting. On that note, has anyone used their classic controller on their PC and got any pointers for setting it up? Since this is basically a reshaped classic controller it should work with the GlovePie driver correct?

donkey show said:
Just bought a second Fighting Stick to supplement the first one I'm still waiting for in the mail. It's so convenient having an import store close to work. :D

Impressions please! :)

Xisiqomelir said:
AC is coming next month.

yeah, but if anyone has a PS2 or PS3, I doubt they will go for the Wii version.

the biggest use out of it would come if it would work with Gamecube games, but chances are that it wont.

Linkzg said:
Tell me about it, I'll probably skip the Wii version for PS2 for the PS3's upscaling and compatible arcade sticks. I'd even put a bet in that it's the cheaper version.

Jirotrom

Linkzg said:

the biggest use out of it would come if it would work with Gamecube games, but chances are that it wont.
and for the people that don't own the other systems it isn't worthless. The VC has a number of games that this could be used for.

Top Bottom