• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hori Fighting Stick for Wii

Kafel

Banned
pa.97609.1.jpg

PA says it's coming in August.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-113-49-fr-70-23bd.html

Does anyone plan to buy it ? Info about how to plug it ?

Thanks, first I've heard of this. I'll probably pick it up, the price doesn't look bad.

please work with Metal Slug Anthology

Saitou

Banned
Ant, NeoGeo games were confirmed for Japan Time awhile ago.

This is too sexy to pass up, even if we never get NEO·GEO games here ;___;

PkunkFury

I don't see why it wouildn't be compatible with the VC. Looks like it is just a classic controller in a different form (buttons are even labeled the same, see ZL and ZR)

I hope this plugs into the wiimote some how. No need to spend money for more wirelss tech and batteries. At that price it looks like it will take on all of the wirelss funcitonality though :(

ant1532

Banned
holy shit. I forgot all bout that. Awesome. But the stick looks cheaply made. But it is Hori and their sticks are good.

MarkMan! Get on this ASAP!

Kafel

Banned
Neo Geo games are coming to VC.

As for Wii games, GG Accent Core or Metal Slug Anthology could give a better satisfaction with the stick.

llTll

Banned
i have the same one for PS3.

you basicly can play any game on it [ that doesnt use the second analogue stick ]

and i would assume the same thing for the Wii

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
there's some fundamental incompatibility between an arcade stick and wii's tampon packaging aesthetic. hori's ps3 stick looks like shit too, but at least it looks like shit in an appropriately geeky way

Will this be connected to the wiimote like the classic controller, wired like the GC controller or wireless?...i hope its wireless.

gkryhewy

Thanks, ordered one! Shipping to the US is brutal though (24.50 for the cheapest option), so I'll move my pre-order to NCS if they stock this.

Soulhouf

Kafel said:
If all Hori's customers were like you dude, they'd rise to Heaven.
Hori are known for their accessories high quality.
Remember:

ss02.jpg

Without this controller I couldn't play Soul Calibur 2.

meppi

Very nice!
Although I'm gonna hold off for a while until I'm sure Sega won't be releasing a Virtua Stick.
For some reason I've always preferred those over Hori ones. These newer ones seem to be much better than their earlier sticks though.

And I do understand that the only way we'll be getting a Virtua Stick is when Sega decides to release some kind of Virtua Fighter game on the Wii, which seems very unlikely.
I would buy it in a heartbeat though. :)

meppi said:
Very nice!
Although I'm gonna hold off for a while until I'm sure Sega won't be releasing a Virtua Stick.
For some reason I've always preferred those over Hori ones. These newer ones seem to be much better than their earlier sticks though.

And I do understand that the only way we'll be getting a Virtua Stick is when Sega decides to release some kind of Virtua Fighter game on the Wii, which seems very unlikely.
I would buy it in a heartbeat though. :)

Virtua_Fighter_2_GEN_ScreenShot2.jpg

Virtua Fighter 2 Genesis DEMANDS a Virtua Stick!

zsidane

Testicular Sound Express said:
i hope all of the KoF games are eventually released on the Wii.
According to an interview that I haven't found, they won't only focus on KOF. It kinda sounded that you won't have ALL KOF games...
But let's wait & see.

Dascu said:
Would this be compatible with a PAL Wii as well?
Controllers are region-free, so I don't see why it won't work.

santouras

Garcian said:
Will Smash Bros have digital control? If so, count me in for one of these.
Not sure. The wiimote version will surely support waggle. your best bet would probably be the Classic Controller configuration as that definately won't have waggle, and this hori stick will probably plug into a wiimote like the classic controller does. The classic tho will almost 100% certainly use the analog sticks tho :-/

Xisiqomelir

Awesome. I'm still holding out hope for a PS2->Wii converter so I can just use my old stick, but I'll get this if that never pans out.

Jammy

Banned
That doesn't look bad. This could work well with Guilty Gear, Metal Slug, and many VC titles that are coming out.

CPS2

Going by the price at playasia, this appears to be a budget stick. Could be difficult to modify, if they use rubber contacts or soldered buttons. It looks nice, but consider it as much lower quality than the Hori Real Arcade Pro 1/2/3 and the Virtua Stick High Grade.

gkrykewy said:
Yes, just like everyone's DS Lite and Wiimote.
Fighting games go hand in hand with eating/drinking and playing with your friends for me. I don't want a white controller and I don't want to have to say to all my friends "wash your hands" or whatever. It's just not cool and I won't buy it in white as a result.

In before "well stop eating while playing fat ass" or similar. By the way there was a thread about DS lites getting discoloured, also a symptom of white MacBooks.

CPS2

I knew that box looked familar, it's exactly the same shape as the Hori Fighting Stick 3 for PS3. The button layout is exactly the same as well (based on HRAP2). I wouldn't be surprised if this Wii stick is exactly the same as the HFS3, the only difference I can see is that the Wii version has turbo switches.

Has anyone seen the new Hori VF5 stick for 360?

+2

Even if the layout is wrong. Should be:

(L)(X)(R)(ZL)
(Y)(B)(A)(ZR)

so it matches the SNES fighting sticks.

Also, it will make for a good pair of Bluetooth fighting sticks for mame stuff.

gkryhewy

bmf said:
+2

Even if the layout is wrong. Should be:

(L)(X)(R)(ZL)
(Y)(B)(A)(ZR)

so it matches the SNES fighting sticks.

Also, it will make for a good pair of Bluetooth fighting sticks for mame stuff.

How do you know it's bluetooth?

Kafel

Banned
Visualante said:
Fighting games go hand in hand with eating/drinking and playing with your friends for me. I don't want a white controller and I don't want to have to say to all my friends "wash your hands" or whatever. It's just not cool and I won't buy it in white as a result.

In before "well stop eating while playing fat ass" or similar. By the way there was a thread about DS lites getting discoloured, also a symptom of white MacBooks.

Or you could wash it from time to time.

Odrion

Banned
They made a PS3 arcade stick that's pretty identical to that Wii one. It got really good reviews outside of a few complaints about the button placements.

Top Bottom