• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HORI Tactical Assault Commander Pro One for Xbox One & Windows PC

About the Product:

• Officially Licensed by Microsoft
  • Key and sensitivity settings can be saved to user profiles and adjusted with mobile app
  • Special features such as Snipe button, quick button, ADS lock, and more
  • Ergonomic and comfortable with adjustable palm rest
  • LED-backlit mechanical keypad and gaming-grade mouse

Price: 149,99 USD

Amazon.com

Release date: october 30.

815lI3XDSkL._AC_.jpg

71eyt1KVHWL._AC_.jpg

61yd2yz0Z5L._AC_.jpg

71RDhjXClnL._AC_.jpg

BiggNife

The fact that these controllers always cost $150 is the most frustrating thing.

If there was a KBAM console controller (or an adapter for PC keyboards/mice) for $80 or less I'd strongly consider getting one, but the only options are this and the XIM4 which is $180.

The only one that has a reasonable price is the Mayflash adapter but Mayflash products tend to be shoddy.

Izuna

Banned
If this is allowed on console then that basically kills online Multiplayer for me as a whole.

There have always been controllers around that give you a big advantage in FPS games, from rapid fire controllers, to SCUF controllers.

Not even cost to being the same, but whichever, we have had this argument to many times.

MS are silly to release this.

It's hilarious to picture one person using an amateur-grade Xbox One with a stock controller and a 720 display with no HDR and stereo sound, and another person using the professional-grade Xbox One with mouse and keyboard controls and a 4k display with HDR and 7.1 surround sound. I never want to hear another Xbox gamer talk about how PC isn't a level playing field.

jdmonmou

There have always been controllers around that give you a big advantage in FPS games, from rapid fire controllers, to SCUF controllers.

I used to think the same thing, but I now think that the concern is valid since console shooters use aim assist to help people with controllers. If you plug in mouse and keyboard and still have aim assist turned on, that will be a significant advantage.

Why doesn't Xbox just support mouse and keyboards outright so I can use the ones I already own?

Is there something different or special on the inside of these HORI devices?

JoeLT

How this is allowed really puts me off online multiplayer these days. It’s basically cheating in my eyes. Before anyone even tries to say it, No, this isn’t even remotely comparable to using an Elite or Scuff.

Obi

Neo Member
I've tried a couple of these "hand keypad" devices on PC, and they never work out for me. For some reason the manufacturers always place the keys in a big rectangle formation, instead of staggered like they are on a real keyboard. This just destroys my muscle memory.

Izuna

Banned
I have a dilemma where I wanna play my games on my gaming laptop instead of my Xbox, but then I don't play anything because I wanna play with controller and be competitive or whatever.

This is honestly disappointing.

Bsigg12

I have a dilemma where I wanna play my games on my gaming laptop instead of my Xbox, but then I don't play anything because I wanna play with controller and be competitive or whatever.

It's not like these are going to be super widely used. I really wouldn't worry about it.

Marcel

You'll probably lose in online games regardless with this mentality so like the other guy said I wouldn't worry about it.

SUPGUYZ

Banned
This is great, but where does fairness come into play when you can use a mouse on console FPS?

Peripherals like this have existed for a long time and no one notices. Its not raw mouse input its emulating a controller so you dont have that much extra control

Izuna

Banned
Peripherals like this have existed for a long time and no one notices. Its not raw mouse input its emulating a controller so you dont have that much extra control

People notice. It made Trials in destiny when TLW had insane hip fire stupid good. You can easily notice it when people use it in Overwatch.

On a grand scale it doesn't do much, but it's frustrating and makes me unhappy to play. It takes the pointlessness of taking it seriously and removes any illusion of fairness.

For example, I used controller on PC Titanfall 2 and the auto aim was very visible and rightfully pissed off a bunch of players.

benzopil

I used to think the same thing, but I now think that the concern is valid since console shooters use aim assist to help people with controllers. If you plug in mouse and keyboard and still have aim assist turned on, that will be a significant advantage.

No, it will be garbage. Dunno why people think that's it's comfortable to aim with a mouse and aim assist.

Looks like garbage.

If you really want to play with m/kb just get a cronusmax for 60 bucks and plug in your own shit. But don't play online multiplayer unless you like being a scumbag who needs unfair advantages.

Izuna

Banned
No, it will be garbage. Dunno why people think that's it's comfortable to aim with a mouse and aim assist.

You mean, the same as what an aimbot does?

Outside of games where it stops you from making headshots, it makes it super easy. There's a reason why cheaters find ways to get auto aim and mouse support on PC.

This is great, but where does fairness come into play when you can use a mouse on console FPS?

The fairness is that you if you feel disadvantaged, you can buy one too.

How this is allowed really puts me off online multiplayer these days. It's basically cheating in my eyes. Before anyone even tries to say it, No, this isn't even remotely comparable to using an Elite or Scuff.

Is it also cheating that you have an advantage over someone with a disability who has to use a custom controller but still can't quite get around as well as you in a console shooter?

There's never been a level playing field in console games. Anyone who thought this was the a thing has been misguided.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Glad I don't play competitive shooter's on console. These devices take the sport out of it. Really shameful of both Sony and Microsoft to license these devices. They should be actively fighting them but that's just me.

This needs more discussion. Playing Titanfall 2 on PS4 has turned into a depressing two-tier joke, with the MKB players easily trouncing DS4 players with 3-4X the scores and kill count. And it's pretty goddamn easy to tell who's using what.

I'm pretty sure these aren't all players with disabilities, and it completely fucks the game balance, especially with snipers & long-range players. I can only imagine how bad the disparity is with Overwatch or D2.

At the VERY least, the player's username should have an [MKB] tag or something that fucking identifies them. It's really been hurting my desire to bother with competitive shooters.

Kb + Mouse should not be a valid input device on consoles. At least for playing games. The best thing about playing on consoles is that the battleground is even. Everyone has the same hardware specs, the same input devices and as a result, competition becomes more about skill. Allowing kb + mouse ruins that and it should not be licensed by Sony or Microsoft.

Make esports tournaments controllers only. And show which players are using this input device. It will probably generate some hate to kb and mouse players on consoles.

This. At the very least, MKB users need to be flagged in-game. But I can only imagine the community pushback once every player is able to see what's behind those bizarrely high scores.

Top Bottom