• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Forbidden West | Gameplay Reveal Trailer

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
pwzB4Ik.gif

FOzcNM6.gif

From benzy.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Pretty disappointing that you feel threatened by what I said right there.

I thought owning a ps5, having throughly played the original and its dlc would keep the white knights away and allow me to make some points about what I saw, but console warriors never miss a chance.

Most players are bitches, they don't like hardcore mechanics. Devs cope with their bitchness. They killed Far Cry 2 potential because they don't wanna service their weapons to avoid jamming, prepare for missions, punishing NPC's, reality story, and lots of things. What happened? FC6 is 100% silly and goofy with backpack missile launchers, CD discs gun, and many stupid stuff.

So drastically slowing you down on sand like Uncharted 3 will make those bitches whine too loud.

Let's not pretend they didn't added a paraglider because of breath of the wild, just like breath added towers because of Assassin's Creed.

Zelda invented nothing, it recycled already known mechanics. Only made stupid climbing flat buildings and slopes with no respect to terrain. AC copied that but modified it to look more acceptable.

Last edited:

Ezquimacore

Banned
Most players are bitches, they don't like hardcore mechanics. Devs cope with their bitchness. They killed Far Cry 2 potential because they don't wanna service their weapons to avoid jamming, prepare for missions, punishing NPC's, reality story, and lots of things. What happened? FC6 is 100% silly and goofy with backpack missile launchers, CD discs gun, and many stupid stuff.

So drastically slowing you down on sand like Uncharted 3 will make those bitches whine too loud.

Zelda invented nothing, it recycled already known mechanics. Only made stupid, climbing flat building and slopes with no respect to terrain. AC copied that but modified it to look more acceptable.

lmao if you wanna do that then every game stole it from Pilot Wings, Aloy's paraglider is literally the same as link. Nothing wrong with obtaining inspiration from the best.

nbkicker

Game looks great...except for Aloy. I mean, she was no looker in the first game but she got that alcoholic, bloated face going on now. Fugly as hell. It's like these developers go out of their way to make ugly women these days.
Ive got the art book for first horizon game and the concept art for alloy looked brilliant, yet the actualy design in the game is miles worse then the art in the book, maybe some sjw/woke person is now high up in sony and and now stated all sony games women in games cant look beautiful and be powerful and leaders they all got to look trans or gender neutral

Kholinar

Banned
Ive got the art book for first horizon game and the concept art for alloy looked brilliant, yet the actualy design in the game is miles worse then the art in the book, maybe some sjw/woke person is now high up in sony and and now stated all sony games women in games cant look beautiful and be powerful and leaders they all got to look trans or gender neutral
Or maybe you're just some self-victimizing schizo who perceives every imperfection in a woman's face as some Californian, 'SJW' assault on femininity? There's more to a character than their ability to fulfill your masturbatory fantasies. Also, I don't know if you haven't realized, but that concept art drastically conflicts with the art style of the actual game. 🤦‍♂️

SSfox

Graphics look nice, but the environment design looks too fake and not grounded enough. I haven't played the original, but the melee combat looks better here? So I might give this one a go if it gets good comments about melee combat.

That's part of the art design of the game, guerrilla doesn't want necessarily to go super duper realistic, it's more comparable to Uncharted 1 than RDR1.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
It's a shame Guerrilla chose to release it on PS4 too, it could have looked even more impressive and ambitious. But it does look spectacular right now, got to give Sony credit for having so many studios that can create games like this. That aint no easy feat.
I especially like the Breath of the Wild like combat additions, when she was hookshotting and gliding in that mammoth fight I was like :messenger_dizzy:

GuinGuin

Banned
It's a shame Guerrilla chose to release it on PS4 too, it could have looked even more impressive and ambitious. But it does look spectacular right now, got to give Sony credit for having so many studios that can create games like this. That aint no easy feat.
I especially like the Breath of the Wild like combat additions, when she was hookshotting and gliding in that mammoth fight I was like :messenger_dizzy:

Given when they started working on it their only target was the PS4. This is cross gen done right. Huge upgrades across the board. Far Cry 6 on the other hand looks like a last gen game with new gen lighting.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I don't think he should review Playstation games IMO. He clearly has an issue with the brand.
I agree. He absolutely shouldn't. He even tweeted in anger that he wouldn't be previewing Returnal. Not sure what he was angry about.

Then he reviewed Returnal and gave it a 6/10, but most of his complaints were about the roguelike genre itself, not Returnal. He started the review with this:

"The art of building a quality roguelite is in the sleight of hand. In order to finish the game, the player needs to improve their skill. But that is a tedious and laborious process."

saintjules

Aloy picks a gigantic weapon from the sand after blowing it off from the dinobot

Wow does this girl have an arsenal on his backpocket...

Jesus how can people enjoy these youtubers reactions is beyond me, he looks like the triggered woman meme in that fucking thumbnail :lollipop_squinting:

John Wick

Zelda invented nothing, it recycled already known mechanics. Only made stupid climbing flat buildings and slopes with no respect to terrain. AC copied that but modified it to look more acceptable.

You have to remember this is Nintendo. They don't have many games like Zelda on the platform. Just like Halo was amazing on Xbox because there was nothing like it in the console space. Imagine if BOTW released on PS4 or Xbox I bet it wouldn't get half the praise it gets on Switch.
Nintendo have always been good at gameplay first but it's nowhere near as revolutionary as some make it out to be

Bo_Hazem

Banned
lmao if you wanna do that then every game stole it from Pilot Wings, Aloy's paraglider is literally the same as link. Nothing wrong with obtaining inspiration from the best.

Genshin is argubally on the same level of Zelda and free, some even say it's much better. Played that game and it's nice, but as always Nintendo fans overreact too much. If Mario was released elsewhere this regularly many will bitch about how exhausted the IP is.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I had it at launch on PC and it was a shit show so refunded it but I've heard it's very much improved and runs well now without any tweaks being necessary.

So it's just dependant on your hardware, how high you crank the settings and the resolution you want to run it at.
Cool. It was fine for the most part on a 3080. I did have some weird audio glitch some viewers told me about while i was stream. I couldn't hear it, but they could and I was testing the audio with other games and the problem seemed to be localized on HZD. I was able to "fix" it...if you call restarting your pc fixing it.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Love the destruction.

BguGUHb.gif

Most of the debris would've stayed there if it wasn't crossgen, though. Still, this crossgen looks better than any other game outside PS5 and multiplats by a large margin.

Dafuq is this garbage? TLoU2 Ellie looks like President Biden compared to Aloy here!

Ellie is very beautiful, and of course more beautiful than Aloy. But that tool wants to have a model with makeup to be in that chaotic world.

Last edited:

yewles1

Most of the debris would've stayed there if it wasn't crossgen, though. Still, this crossgen looks better than any other game outside PS5 and multiplats by a large margin.

Ellie is very beautiful, and of course more beautiful than Aloy. But that tool wants to have a model with makeup to be in that chaotic world.
No, she LITERALLY resembles President Biden at times...
xK1LAX1.jpg

Bo_Hazem

Banned
After playing BOTW on Cemu on PC, i had much more fun in HZD.
Dont know why Nintendo fanboys are threatened by this game.

Same fans shitting on AC while it's a much mature, more graphically pleasing with much better combat and story.

No, she LITERALLY resembles President Biden at times...
xK1LAX1.jpg

Even with that expression she looks normal.

de6iva2-0fddfc63-8b7d-4294-b74e-4c2c102a9066.png

She's hot as fuck, especially for those who prefer natural beauty.

So after watching the trailer again I think I will pick it up. I wasn't into the first game the gameplay was lacking but this looks a bit better the combat looks more meaty.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Retards-Retards-everywhere-1c3yct.jpg

So after watching the trailer again I think I will pick it up. I wasn't into the first game the gameplay was lacking but this looks a bit better the combat looks more meaty.

the combat in the first game had more than enough depth. There was stealth, recon, and multiple weapons with different strategies and elemental effects. Most people just shot 1000 regular arrows though. I didn’t even try everything until I was doing the hunting challenges for the platinum trophy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom