• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Forbidden West - PS4 and PS5 Differences Explained

Flabagast

Well, if you are developing for several platforms the lowest common denominator will unavoidably be your lead platform unless you want a bad case of the Cyberpunk 2077 sickness
Yes but at least it allowed Cyberpunk 2077 to be semi-next gen speaking of sorts, at least regarding the map design (verticality + complexity of the open world lay out + overall level of details). I don't think we will see something as impressive in other cross gen games to come (for the simple reason that it would really badly run on old gen)

I dont pay 80 Euros for this game for my Playstation 5. Maybe iam too much dissapointing, but my ps5 is for exclusive games, that show the Power of this System, not first Party cross gen. I wish everyone much fun with this game, but i don't buy it, no gt or gow too
This is what we call a ridiculous over-reaction.

LMJ

Abriael_GN Abriael_GN
remake bingo GIF

You new here? lol

Last edited:

Lethal01

so basically they are stagnant creativitly and technically with everything but graphics. good to know......

They were talking the whole time about the improvements they've made in various areas of the gameplay.
It looking better does not somehow mean that the graphics are all that improved.

Last edited:
I’ve been hearing rumors of a romance between new Aloy and Craig. Can anyone confirm this?

Huh Aloy is the new Craig?

I mean I know Craig is a pretty bad meme at this point but it was mostly a reaction to a very bad demo. I can't say HFW demo was received the same way.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Lighting placed specifically to make the main character "hero" stand out.
Any movie you've watched has nonstop hero lighting because natural lighting makes for very uninteresting shots.
In this case, the hero lighting stands out too much. You have to make the hero lighting match the lighting in the scene otherwise it looks wrong.. I wished that they didn't go this route instead of just making better environment lighting with a better hair shader. Oh well.

Last edited:
Huh Aloy is the new Craig?

I mean I know Craig is a pretty bad meme at this point but it was mostly a reaction to a very bad demo. I can't say HFW demo was received the same way.
I can almost confidently say there are more Aloy memes and PP's than there were Craig's, and rightfully so. I could be wrong though.

I’ve been hearing rumors of a romance between new Aloy and Craig. Can anyone confirm this?
Nah, it's Abby and Craig. Craig has standards you know.

I can almost confidently say there are more Aloy memes and PP's than there were Craig's, and rightfully so. I could be wrong though.

I don't think the demo was received as badly as the infinite one. The infinite demo had a lot more wrong with it than just Craig. I don't know if I would say that HFW was received as badly as Halo Infinite was.

What? Definitely wrong on that one tbh.

But just like I thought craig was an annoying overreaction and picking out a small screengrab, I think the Aloy thing is the same. Both are funny also but a bit overdone by some.

Lethal01

In this case, the hero lighting stands out too much. You have to make the hero lighting match the lighting in the scene otherwise it looks wrong.. I wished that they didn't go this route instead of just making better environment lighting with a better hair shader. Oh well.

I understand some don't like it, I see more people who think it looks amazing and can't tell why.
SO I don't think it stands out too much.

I don't think the demo was received as badly as the infinite one. The infinite demo had a lot more wrong with it than just Craig. I don't know if I would say that HFW was received as badly as Halo Infinite was.

It was the outrage of the fact each of Sony games are coming to pc from Herman and Jim.

Rightfully so because in some shots she doesn't look hot enough for people's liking?
You guys are sad.
Why ask a question and answer it yourself. Your a sad person for putting words in my mouth. I never mentioned her appearance at all. You were the one to ASSume.

Lethal01

Again, wtf are you talking about? Stop projecting or being a SJW and listen to what I said. I never once said anything about her appearance. So again, wtf are you talking about?

Wtf are you talking about? That's 90% of the memes are about if you're saying they are deserved then theres really only 1 logical conclusion. Keep being sill though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rea

Imtjnotu

Are they basically saying that it is a PS4 game, with some minor tweaks for PS5? (perhaps stuff that was tried on PS4, but then dropped due to lack of GPU beef)

That's because you haven't seen GOTY edition (ok, by fans only, so far):

3OXnXyJ.jpg

seriously, isn't this gold?
super troopers ramrod GIF by Fox Searchlight

So the improvements on PS5 are: better visuals, including water and waves and lighting.

Really curious to see more of the lighting though. I know that it can consume a lot of resources like if it's ray traced for example. Something that I've seen in some demos is that good lighting can make a big difference. However it's not the only thing that matters.

NahaNago

Show, don't tell. I want a screen comparison showing the differences between the versions preferably made by Sony before this game comes out.

KiNeMz

Banned
Are they basically saying that it is a PS4 game, with some minor tweaks for PS5? (perhaps stuff that was tried on PS4, but then dropped due to lack of GPU beef)

That's because you haven't seen GOTY edition (ok, by fans only, so far):

3OXnXyJ.jpg

seriously, isn't this gold?
Bully Forbidden West High

Last edited:
Top Bottom