• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon ZD: The Frozen Wilds - Landscapes- japanese trailer

Arkeband

Banned
Most logical place is after story of main game has ended.

Tagged as has spoilers about ending of HZD.

Aloy has ended her personal quest of learning about herself and who she is, even got to visit her real... home and meet herself. So to speak. Also just because Sylens has Hades or what remains of it doesn't mean they come up with some nutty world domination plans instantly so Aloy has time to explore world and stumble upon new mysteries. Like here.

She never considered Elizabet to be
herself, or even wrestled with that idea, which is a fairly significant failing of the writing. So her visiting the source of her DNA is sad for the audience because we connected with that character (maybe more than Aloy, another failing of the writing), but it’s meaningless to her insofar as how Aloy’s character was written. The beauty in the reveal of the mechanical flowers, all of that is totally lost on Aloy, because she never acknowledges i
t.

CHC

Beautiful. Not always a big fan of snow zones but given how diverse the locales of the core game were, I'm certainly expecting excellence here.

Gator86

Gorgeous looking DLC for my current co-GOTY is almost an automatic purchase. Excited to get hands on with this.

Tovarisc

She never
considered Elizabet to be herself, or even wrestled with that idea, which is a fairly significant failing of the writing. So her visiting the source of her DNA is sad for the audience because we connected with that character (maybe more than Aloy, another failing of the writing), but it's meaningless to her insofar as how Aloy's character was written. The beauty in the reveal of the mechanical flowers, all of that is totally lost on Aloy, because she never acknowledges i
t.

Well I
didn't mean to say she did considered herself to be Liz in every way. She is Elizabeth purely genetically, but what we learn about Liz they also share a lot personality traits. This could be used to ask if genetics define also personality or just happened to learn those traits from Rost and life experiences. She had such respect and interest towards Liz at the end that she went out of her way to find Liz's home and her body.

Also I disagree with your view on about to which characters I connected more to etc. as I know my own personal views on that. May apply to you tho as it's your view.

vivekTO

Is this supposed to be the only story DLC the game is getting?

I think it's the only one we will get, going by this..
Horizon-Zero-Dawn-Complete-Ann_10-04-17-600x748.jpg

Most logical place is after story of main game has ended.

Tagged as has spoilers about ending of HZD.

Aloy has ended her personal quest of learning about herself and who she is, even got to visit her real... home and meet herself. So to speak. Also just because Sylens has Hades or what remains of it doesn't mean they come up with some nutty world domination plans instantly so Aloy has time to explore world and stumble upon new mysteries. Like here.

My guess on the content is based on a piece of dialog Aloy has at the end of one of the optional side quests:

After beating Cauldron Zeta she discovers that one of Gaia's rogue helper functions, Hephaestus, hacked the cauldrons to get them to create hostile machines.
She says something along the lines of "that's a mystery for another time".

Bet Hephaestus lives in the volcano shown in the first Frozen Wilds trailer. It would match his mythical persona quite well.

Aloy's quest could be to get answers on why he started the Derangement, and whether he can help to restore Gaia's core.

Pjsprojects

Did the main story at release and sold the disk for £8 more than purchase price. Now to buy the game of the year version digitally :)

I rarely buy DLC but I’ll gladly throw more money at Guerrilla so I can keep enjoying one of the finest games I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Damn, video ain't working but those gifs and stills in the OP look gorgeous.

Can't wait to play this. Already 100%'ed the entire game including the new difficulties.

[NaK]

I usually dont like anow levels, but this could be fun. I hope the ice is slippery and that large robots can break it.

iratA

Just want to know if the DLC included in that Complete Edition is on the disc? If so I'll be buying that day one.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
She never considered Elizabet to be
herself, or even wrestled with that idea, which is a fairly significant failing of the writing. So her visiting the source of her DNA is sad for the audience because we connected with that character (maybe more than Aloy, another failing of the writing), but it's meaningless to her insofar as how Aloy's character was written. The beauty in the reveal of the mechanical flowers, all of that is totally lost on Aloy, because she never acknowledges i
t.

This comes off as a very odd reading of Aloy in that scene, not too mention a character doesn't have to acknowledge or realize something in the game just like the audience for it to have power. Hell some of the best moments in fiction are based around the audience knowing or realizing something the character they're following does not.

vivekTO

Playstation Blog:

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds is an expansion for Horizon Zero Dawn that takes place in the Cut, a boreal wasteland to the north that separates the Banuk homelands from the rest of the world. It is a place where none but the most skilled hunters dare venture, and those that do must survive against dangerous new machines and freezing temperatures.
The latest trailer for Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds highlights some of the environments you will explore in this expansion to the world of Horizon Zero Dawn, including Banuk camps, frozen lakes, icy caves and more. Watch the trailer at the top of this post.

Tyaren

So beautiful... O:

I'm replaying The Pro enhanced version of The Witcher 3 right now and while it looks great and considerably better than before, it still holds no candle to what black magic Horizon Zero Dawn/Decima is rendering on the PS4 and PS4 Pro.

I really hope we learn more about what's in this DLC soon. I mean, I already have it preordered and everything - I just want to know whether it's more than just new areas + new enemies + new story content (is there a raised level cap? new skill tree? new equipment? et cetera).

BeeDog

Didn't see a huge difference between this trailer and the snowy parts in the base game. Hope something more is released soon to hype me up.

th4tguy

Trying real hard to finish P5. I don't get a lot of time for games on TV much lately but once I'm done, this is next on my list. Really looking forward to it.

Toni

Beautiful cover art for the complete edition. I bought it digitally, but I'm about to double dip for a physical complete edition.

Game is that good.

SeeThree

I thought the $14.99 price was a limited time sale that ended months ago but it still says 15 bucks for PS+ members.

Does anyone know if this will still be $15 for PS+ members on and after release date?

Melchiah

I thought the $14.99 price was a limited time sale that ended months ago but it still says 15 bucks for PS+ members.

Does anyone know if this will still be $15 for PS+ members on and after release date?

Wut?! Why the hell it's only 15$ for the NA customers, when the PS+ price for the Europeans is 18€?

dw.og

Still no new machine type and the environment doesn't look new and exciting :/

Will probably skip.

Lol it's only a teaser for some of the new environments. Wait for PGW for more info. Personally, I'm thrilled about getting an expansion that's entirely set in a snowy climate with ice caves, mud flats, hot springs, volcanoes, etc.

Anyone know if you'll be able to come and go between the original game's map and this new area? I'd just really like to take my end game gear with me.

Top Bottom