• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 to feature co-op, “gigantic” world – report

Airbus Jr

Banned
So if my memory serves me right and acording to how HZD ending and how the story concluded

Sylens will be our new enemy?

Last edited:

Kumomeme

hopefully the intended flying mechanic that cant make in the first game, will be available in the sequel...the ssd should be allow them to do that

gimme Avatar flying of feeling

NahaNago

The world did needed to be made to bigger but I'm not sure about gigantic. A focus I would have like to have seen was making the world seem more real/alive instead of just npc characters and very simple robots. The game just needed more of everything from enemies , to people, to wildlife , and markets, and make aloy more interesting.

Happy for those who enjoyed Horizon: Zero Dawn more than I did.

I'll be honest, while the game is a technical marvel in many ways just like most Guerilla Games are, I found the character to be extremely boring and also ugly at the same time. She looked like she had a down syndrome, I tried hard into liking Aloy but it would just not work.

The gameplay also felt very boring and non engaging to me. Mind you, I did get a 100% in this game in trophies including DLC which required to do it on the hardest mode as well but I did it for the completion and not enjoyment.

Idk if this game needs co op either, I guess it will be a nice addition. I'll have to and see the sequel before I can give any further fair judgement.

Last edited:

Holammer

Jesus only 20 post for Horizon Zero Dawn 2 news ?

The guy from Era was right this place is dying when it comes to actual gaming news

Most people in here only interested in console war flame bait and SSD vs Teraflops fight

Ask again "Summer 2020" when it releases on PC.
The Venn diagram for [PS4 owners]/[that have played it]/[liked it] on GAF is limiting.
Plus an unintended side effect of GAF having a 👍Like feature reduces the "I agree" posts bloating threads.

Shakka43

If they do add co-op hopefully the partners are just ghosts characters that get added for co-op gameplay only and not be part of the story telling.

Bryank75

Banned
HZD is overrated bro
The problem is that haters will only focus on the few drawbacks the first game had... like climbing vs BOTW and side-quests not being that great.... however it is the first game in the series and the devs first open-world game.

The Old Thunderjaw quest and the Stalker (panther robot) side-quests were fantastic. The enemy / robot design was just incredible and the combat is epic when going toe-to-toe with a massive ThunderJaw or dodging just in time out of the way of a snapmaw.

All the gadgets and options you have to engage enemies is also a strength of the game and once they expand on all of that and make new, more diverse cultures and looks for characters and human combat, it will all come together.

Remember nobody cared about The Witcher 1 and 2 much before 3 came along.

aclar00

It would be stupid for Co-Op to be an integral part of the sequel since it wasn't even a thing in the first, and it's a character driven, story driven game. We'll see.

Hopefully its not integral, but i would def benefit from a Souls game type co-op where you summon others to help you at certain limited points.

aclar00

The world is going to be gigantic you say?! Like the ability to mount a glinthawk?!? Imagine four player glinthawk races!?! My god!

Throw in a little twisted metal/motorstorm esque combat while racing to the finish line and youve got yourself a game lol. E.g. shooting arrows to destroy your opponents components.

aclar00

The world did needed to be made to bigger but I'm not sure about gigantic. A focus I would have like to have seen was making the world seem more real/alive instead of just npc characters and very simple robots. The game just needed more of everything from enemies , to people, to wildlife , and markets, and make aloy more interesting.

i get it, but keep in mind its a post apocalyptic world with robot killing dinosaurs. There really shouldnt be too many people and probably not too many large animals either. This isnt quite the last of us where people are turned into the infected....here they are simply being killed.

imsosleepy

Horizon’s open world was dated trash with Uncharted-esque platforming. Felt particularly dated being restricted to painted ledges while launching alongside far superior adventure games like Assasin’s Creed: Origins and Zelda: Botw.

Not excited for sequels at all. Horizon is overrated big time. C+ game at best.
They went from making shooters to an open world rpg. Im sure they were busy enough and could not bother also makiNHG top climbing mechanics

Jtibh

Banned
Horizon’s open world was dated trash with Uncharted-esque platforming. Felt particularly dated being restricted to painted ledges while launching alongside far superior adventure games like Assasin’s Creed: Origins and Zelda: Botw.

Not excited for sequels at all. Horizon is overrated big time. C+ game at best.
You never played the game period.
No need to trash talk.
Enjoy your xbox

Batiman

Banned
Now that makes me somewhat interested in the game now. Wasn’t a fan of part 1 but sounds like it would be fun playing through with my son. Having a blast playing gears 5 with him and I’m in the mood for more co op.

wolywood

My favorite thing about Horizon is that it basically has the same plot as Xenogears.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that haters will only focus on the few drawbacks the first game had... like climbing vs BOTW and side-quests not being that great.... however it is the first game in the series and the devs first open-world game.

The Old Thunderjaw quest and the Stalker (panther robot) side-quests were fantastic. The enemy / robot design was just incredible and the combat is epic when going toe-to-toe with a massive ThunderJaw or dodging just in time out of the way of a snapmaw.

All the gadgets and options you have to engage enemies is also a strength of the game and once they expand on all of that and make new, more diverse cultures and looks for characters and human combat, it will all come together.

Remember nobody cared about The Witcher 1 and 2 much before 3 came along.

I think that sums up GG as a dev in general. By the time they get into their stride, its the end of the gen and theyre relegated to making some tech demo for the new console, a few years later they start a new IP, rinse and repeat.

How many games have they released this gen? KZ4 HZD?

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
I think that sums up GG as a dev in general. By the time they get into their stride, its the end of the gen and theyre relegated to making some tech demo for the new console, a few years later they start a new IP, rinse and repeat.

How many games have they released this gen? KZ4 HZD?
They were on Killzone for over a decade...so I think the observation you're making is just one generation cycle....which isn't really a pattern.

Yeah, they had Killzone SF, Horizon ZD and the Frozen Wilds expansion.... but they also helped develop Death Stranding.

I think they are moving the right way with Horizon as an open world game, it's easier to improve than a shooter because a shooters worth will always be predicated on how good the basic movement and shooting is..... like Dooms super fast paced, smooth and brutal style or COD's snappy gunplay with realistic recoil patterns and modern aesthetic...... or Destiny with its stylish blend of fantasy and scifi weapons, exaggerated jumps and vertical combat etc.

I feel like Guerilla should have a game there for the PS5 launch, like they did with PS4. Can this be it? I think our minds would melt if PS5 launched with Horizon 2 and Last of Us Part II.

VertigoOA

Banned
You never played the game period.
No need to trash talk.
Enjoy your xbox

I own it. Overrated shit. Not as badly as overrated as a naughty dog games with their floaty controls and trash combat tho. I’m a PS4 gamer but most Sony exclusives not Bloodborne and it’s rip-off (God of War) are cookie cutter and overrated.

Horizon had good combat. Everything is mostly lackluster. 7/10 game. It launched right next to two far superior open world adventure games with Zelda and AssCreed: origins which made it clear that horizon played like a generation old game

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
I own it. Overrated shit. Not as badly as overrated as a naughty dog games with their floaty controls and trash combat tho. I’m a PS4 gamer but most Sony exclusives not Bloodborne and it’s rip-off (God of War) are cookie cutter and overrated.

Horizon had good combat. Everything is mostly lackluster. 7/10 game. It launched right next to two far superior open world adventure games with Zelda and AssCreed: origins which made it clear that horizon played like a generation old game

Your opinion is godafwul and atrocious

Congratulations you just shit on 3 GOTY winner

Have a nice day

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Youre lucky youre here and not in Era

You l be banned already there with that inflamatory post

Oh you’re real tough there. Like I give a shit. More inflammatory posts were directed towards me ... grow a fucking sack.

Oh no, they would’ve banned me at era... Era is full of limp-wristed wimps that can’t handle an opinion... like yourself.

Bitchass threat

Bonus:

12tf > 10*

*only when overclocked and running its jet engine

Last edited:
Top Bottom