• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn 2 to feature co-op, “gigantic” world – report

Riven326

Banned
Depends if you see as a rpg. it fails totally at it to me.
But as an adventure game it is reponsive , controls are top and toying with robot dinos is great. (unlike humans)
Also every second can become a photo.
I do. But I alsdo see it as an adventure game. Many rpgs today are a combination of both. Gameplay loop was fun, but everything else fell flat for me. The game had no personality. No overarching theme. Nothing at all to say.

martino

I do. But I alsdo see it as an adventure game. Many rpgs today are a combination of both. Gameplay loop was fun, but everything else fell flat for me. The game had no personality. No overarching theme. Nothing at all to say.
Rost death worked for me.
but it's true that the companion trophy come as a surprise because you don't really feel it at all.
There is something missing story wise and the open world could be fill better (not using old ubisoft ways) but overall package is still high imo.

Pantz

Is it time to dust off Aloy yet?

s0lC8V0.jpg

Jesus only 20 post for Horizon Zero Dawn 2 news ?

The guy from Era was right this place is dying when it comes to actual gaming news

Most people in here only interested in console war flame bait and SSD vs Teraflops fight

I couldn't get past 6 hours of HZD. It looked nice but it was cookie cutter open world design and the game play was fucking boring.

Not interested in the second one in the slightest. I am genuinely more interested in the news about the new Tintin game being developed by the same company that did Syberia.

GermanZepp

I don't like the sound of co-op. Single player games don't usually improve when adding co-op. Look at Resident Evil 4 to 5 and Dead Space 2 to 3.

Hopefully, it's still just as good to play solo.

Really bad examples. Those were "action" survival horror games from franchises already established that experiences were expected to be played alone. Imo, sometimes devs add coop just cause the game is already bad. So I'm not in the line of blaming multiplayer for a poor or bad campaign.

A game like horizon screams coop, open world, gigantic robot monsters? Hello??? Not every game needs coop, pvp or multiplayer is not even necessary to be mandatory. Coop like an optional game mode. In this case you guys are being shortsighted but hey, maybe I'm just me and the majority wants to play alone and don't have options.

sendit

Really bad examples. Those were "action" survival horror games from franchises already established that experiences were expected to be played alone. Imo, sometimes devs add coop just cause the game is already bad. So I'm not in the line of blaming multiplayer for a poor or bad campaign.

A game like horizon screams coop, open world, gigantic robot monsters? Hello??? Not every game needs coop, pvp or multiplayer is not even necessary to be mandatory. Coop like an optional game mode. In this case you guys are being shortsighted but hey, maybe I'm just me and the majority wants to play alone and don't have options.

Kumomeme

Jesus only 20 post for Horizon Zero Dawn 2 news ?

The guy from Era was right this place is dying when it comes to actual gaming news

Most people in here only interested in console war flame bait and SSD vs Teraflops fight
with we constantly had low effort console war thread attacking each other in this past days...i could not agree more...

xrnzaaas

I hope that playing solo won't make me feel like I'm missing a second player. And man, I just remembered I still haven't played the expansion, partially because it's rarely in good sales (compared to the goty edition price).

ZywyPL

Banned
Don't thumb down the co-op idea yet, it's very likely the game would be designed around two characters, like GoW or TLoU, where the second character would be either controlled by another player or AI if you want to play solo, which GG are great at, KZ2 had arguably the best AI that came after F.E.A.R. and havent been beaten ever since, and with a Ryzen CPU on board they could make that even better. Lack of enemies AI is easy to mitigate with the game/levels design, but it's the companions AI that always stands out, in the negative way, and cannot be hidden, it just needs to be good, and I believe GG has what it takes to stand up for the task.

Jon Neu

Banned
Im gona be honest with you

I miss the day when people here are excited when they heard a new game coming

The Resetera HZD2 thread are far more interesting to read than in here

Here nobody seems to care

Already 8 pages there while here this thread barely moves

Well, Horizon Zero Dawn is a SJW fantasy type of game, of course they love it on era.

But the game itself wasn't that good to be overly excited for a sequel.

Humdinger

Loved HZD, played it 4 times. My GOTG.

I've really lost interest in videogames over the past 2 years. The sequel is, at this point, the only game I'm genuinely looking forward to. Not sure I'd buy a PS5 just to play it, but I might.

GodofWhimsy

Im gona be honest with you

I miss the day when people here are excited when they heard a new game coming

The Resetera HZD2 thread are far more interesting to read than in here

Here nobody seems to care

Already 8 pages there while here this thread barely moves

I only use NeoGaf because of the lack of an overtly leftist political tone in every fucking conversation. It comes with trade offs, unfortunately. Mainly a lot of man-children with really nothing interesting to add to the conversation. It's quite difficult to find a place to chat with gamer's who don't have a political agenda, along with not being immature wanna be frat boys.

NahaNago

i get it, but keep in mind its a post apocalyptic world with robot killing dinosaurs. There really shouldnt be too many people and probably not too many large animals either. This isnt quite the last of us where people are turned into the infected....here they are simply being killed.

What throws me off is the nearly roman like cities. The whole tribe thing and apocalyptic world makes sense but the world still feels like a set piece rather than a living world.

llien

Needs better writing. Characters were boring to talk to. Open world felt very vanilla and basic compared to the competition. Overrated game in my opinion.

I second that.
Visuals were stunning and some of the game mechanics fun.

There rest was meh and it is obvious that grievance studies overlords got their claws on the title.

Last edited:

MadYarpen

I am wondering... Does this really need a bigger open world? IIRC what we had in part 1 wasn't overwhelming with content. I did enjoy exploration, especially in the expansion. But now I am replaying the witcher, and when travelling every couple of minutes you see something interesting to see / explore etc. I think this is what they should focus on, not the size...

Neolombax

The size of the open world of the first game was perfect for me. It was not too small, and it was dense enough to have interesting things in it. I don't want it to be an Assassins Creed Odyssey open world, the open world was HUGE but boring.

I don't care, give me an open world with things to do. The first game was more Action Adventure than RPG and it was repetitive and boring with cardboard characters.

Size can't save a game or make a sequel better, you're supposed to correct the shortcomings. It can be a good game if it was treated more like an RPG.

sendit

I don't care, give me an open world with things to do. The first game was more Action Adventure than RPG and it was repetitive and boring with cardboard characters.

Size can't save a game or make a sequel better, you're supposed to correct the shortcomings. It can be a good game if it was treated more like an RPG.

Agreed. Game was horrible.

Valonquar

Playing AC:Origins directly after Horizon, the biggest improvement I'd like in part 2 would be better traversal/climbing

Also there's already a series of games for co-op robot monster fights. PSO

Last edited:

Entroyp

The size of the open world of the first game was perfect for me. It was not too small, and it was dense enough to have interesting things in it. I don't want it to be an Assassins Creed Odyssey open world, the open world was HUGE but boring.

I agree, the size of the first gane was just perfect, and actually the whole game was perfection sans the melee combat.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I want more coop games. But I like local couch coop the most.
Other than that, the only coop games I play are in big screen vr, so we can sit next to each other, see each other, talk and see our screens!

turtlepowa

Banned

It was a solid game for a new ip. Human AI was absolutely horrible, NPC and dialogues were totally emotionless and not memorable at all and the dodge roll spam wqs boring after a while. As a multiplatform game ratings would have been rather near 80 than near 90. If they adress the issues, it could be a great game. I also never got why it's supposed to be an RPG.

Top Bottom