• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for PC launches August 7

Mista

Banned

The PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition will launch via Steam and the Epic Games Store on August 7 for $49.99, publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer Guerrilla Games announced.

A new trailer highlights the PC version’s new features, including ultra-wide support, unlocked frame rates, dynamic foliage, graphical customization, improved reflections, controller options, and a benchmarking tool.

Last edited:

Aggelos

Let's get this hype train moving!

EcAqLFhWoAAjPTx

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Are you dense? It's all they can show on youtube, it will go above 60fps obv.
good. maybe it's worth buying then.... if the FOV is the same then forget it.

edit: you can adjust FOV!

and it's £33 LOOOOOOL

Last edited:
Cool. Have plenty of games in my backlog right now, but I'll make sure to pick this up once I have the time for it. Always wanted to play this.

kretos

Banned
already played it so will wait for a sale to double dip on PC, or just wait for PS5

but anyway i'm starting to love EGS, price is 50$ on Steam and 23$ on EGS for me

DapperUnawareCutworm-size_restricted.gif

LordCBH

$50 is kinda steep but I’ll get it. Any word on steam features like achievements and trading cards?

I expect the PS4 version to run at 4K60 on the PS5, so I probably won't double dip. Maybe I go for it on a deep sale, just for the mouse controls.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks like Yanks are being ripped off. Not only cheaper in other regions, but even next door neighbour Canada is $57 CDN on Steam.

With the currency exchange of about +34%, it should be about $68.

Last edited:

REE Machine

Banned
Fine with this because its years later after release on ps4, if a new trend though becomes day and date on pc/ps5 then ill have issue with it much like MS

LostDonkey

Dynamic foliage is a big one. Saw a few complaints about it in reviews for PS4 that it didn't react to moving through.

Great that they actually took time to implement it on stronger hardware and the options themselves look like a really well done port.

Acinixys

Regional pricing is insane on this one. Only $15.50 for me, but $60 for my friend in Australia

Im just gonna gift it to him lmao

Super excited for the game, especially since it seems they tweaked the engine to make it PC friendly

Death Strandings development must have given them a lot of new PC specific tools

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Man, we dun fucked up if “customisable controls” is one of the selling points. That shit should be standard in any game, any generation.

Damn good game, will look beastly with pushed out details and high res/120.

Still not sure it needs to be £50 mind you... but that’s seems standard these days. Edit: seems to be £32.99 for me, but even then, for such an old game I would have expected about £25. Not as bad as I was thinking mind you.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Being a few years removed from BoTW I may be able to enjoy the game now. I was so damn annoyed playing it on PS4 after playing Breath of the Wild I just couldn't play it. Hopefully being as I haven't played BotW this year and the game will finally not control like dog shit because of its frame rate, I can enjoy it. It's a stunning looking game.

Last edited:
Being a few years removed from BoTW I may be able to enjoy the game now. I was so damn annoyed playing it on PS4 after playing Breath of the Wild I just couldn't play it. Hopefully being as I haven't played BotW this year and the game will finally not control like dog shit because of its frame rate, I can enjoy it. It's a stunning looking game.

Yes, BotW had such a stable framerate in combat.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Yes, BotW had such a stable framerate in combat.
It was stable on Switch and a solid locked 60fps on Cemu so.....Plus, I'd wager BotW is just plain a better game.

That really hurt your feelings huh? Between Angry Joe not liking the thing you like and people complaining about H:ZD, it must be a rough week for ya.

Last edited:

Neo Blaster

The PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition will launch via Steam and the Epic Games Store on August 7 for $49.99, publisher Sony Interactive Entertainment and developer Guerrilla Games announced.

A new trailer highlights the PC version’s new features, including ultra-wide support, unlocked frame rates, dynamic foliage, graphical customization, improved reflections, controller options, and a benchmarking tool.

Can we get the PC treatment for the PS5 enhanced version, Sony?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome. I hope the Mouse and Keyboard controls are decent. Aiming the bow in frantic combat situations was my biggest frustration on PS4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogey

Banned
Amazing. This has always been one of the 2 or 3 games that made me regret not buying a PS4. Can't wait to play this.

GreenAlien

• Minimum:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K@3.3GHz or AMD FX 6300@3.5GHz
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 (3 GB) or AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB)
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 100 GB available space

• Recommended:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K@3.5GHz or Ryzen 5 1500X@3.5GHz
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB) or AMD Radeon RX 580 (8GB)
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 100 GB available space

The benchmark mentions "original" preset, meaning every option is set to "medium". Since it's 61 fps average, I assume the recommended requirements are based on the original preset.. if you want to enjoy the graphic upgrades, better hardware might be required.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Wow, what a zinger, clearly games are only ported if they're good.

No, but games are generally ported if they're probably going to sell well, and Horizon on its own outsold the entire Killzone franchise.

Besides, you did say "Killzone games", meaning all of them, and the first Killzone shouldn't even be played, let alone ported. It aged like milk and a PC won't save it.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I kinda loathed the combat and how repetitive this was halfway and on.
But I will try it again especially with mouse support

Top Bottom