• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn confirmed for PC

You just can't, it's a fairytale world you're living in.
Let me hurt your feelings just a tad bit more, Ray Tracing, everything maxed out with DLSS. Look at this sweet locked FPS

screenshot_00025.png

screenshot_00024.png

screenshot_00026.png

screenshot_00027.png

psorcerer

Banned
Debunked your claims,

You don't know how fps is measured. You have no clue what frametimes are and how to properly define frame rates. Yet you come into every grownup discussion and think you "debunked" anything.
Next thing: you're using SLI cards to "outperform" consoles in still frames.😂
I hope it's not SLI though. Would be too stupid.

You don't know how fps is measured. You have no clue what frametimes are and how to properly define frame rates. Yet you come into every grownup discussion and think you "debunked" anything.
Next thing: you're using SLI cards to "outperform" consoles in still frames.😂
I hope it's not SLI though. Would be too stupid.
You asked to see my frames, then you want benchmarks and now you want frame times. What do I have to prove to a console warrior? You already know what gpu I have. Go look up benchmarks to calm your constant whining if you want to know so bad.

psorcerer

Banned
You asked to see my frames, then you want benchmarks and now you want frame times. What do I have to prove to a console warrior? You already know what gpu I have. Go look up benchmarks to calm your constant whining if you want to know so bad.

My first message regarding that fairytale unicorn situation was explicitly about frametime graph. Not how much average fps is shown in the gui.

psorcerer

Banned
I've never just plain out insulted anyone on this forum, but jesus christ you're an insufferable cunt.

Everything you've said in this thread is stupid.

I hope you're a troll and not really as dense as you seem.

Why so serious?
I just don't get why mustard boys want to show off so hard. Knowing that I'm a fellow mustard boy myself. Just not succumbed to the reality distortion field that much.

kingbean

Why so serious?
I just don't get why mustard boys want to show off so hard. Knowing that I'm a fellow mustard boy myself. Just not succumbed to the reality distortion field that much.

You seem to be purposefully ignoring readily available information about PC performance.
Then antagonizing someone because you refuse to believe that high powered PCs can deliver better and more stable performance than a console.

I just don't get it.

My first message regarding that fairytale unicorn situation was explicitly about frametime graph. Not how much average fps is shown in the gui.
If you want to know my frametimes, why not just do the simple math. Each screen shot has my current FPS, not average. You can divide by that number and easily figure out the frame times.... Or do you not know how to do that either....?

Why so serious?
No body is showing off. You and a couple of others are doubting everything and making baseless claims, so proof was provided. Don't get into an argument or debate with someone, if you know you are going to loose, or if you have no clue on what you are talking about.

Last edited:

psorcerer

Banned
You seem to be purposefully ignoring readily available information about PC performance.

Here we can see that 2080Ti in 4K in high/med settings barely gets to over 60 fps in the 99 percentile.
That's the real world benchmark.
Again: in real world no single die GPU can get to even rock solid 4k@60 on Ultra in this game.

Then antagonizing someone because you refuse to believe that high powered PCs can deliver better and more stable performance than a console.

It can deliver better performance, sometimes even 60 fps.
All the over 60 fantasies are fairytales.

kingbean

Here we can see that 2080Ti in 4K in high/med settings barely gets to over 60 fps in the 99 percentile.
Again: in real world no single die GPU can get to even rock solid 4k@60 on Ultra in this game.

Yeah, games never run over 60fps on pc.

Last edited:

Gamerguy84

I cant wait to see what kind of numbers it does on PC.

Its a fantastic game. Ive played it to death and cant wait to hear PC reactions.

But I really cant wait for HZD2. Obviously GG has been working hard on it for a while.

kingbean

Is it RDR2?
Doom runs 60fps on PS4Pro IIRC. Obviously it will run better on PC.

So the only game you believe that doesn't benefit from being on PC is RDR2?

I've seen you in this thread saying that greater than 60fps isn't noticeable. That's what I find to be so mind bogging stupid.

You said it yourself that over 60fps is a fairytale even though there are videos of games running console games at over 60fps.

I posted a video of Doom 2016 running over 100fps at 4k and the ps4pro only runs at 1440p. I'm pretty damn sure an RTX2080Ti will be pegging 200fps at 1440p.

Control on my GTX1080ti runs at 60fps at 1440p max settings no RTX. If I put it down to PS4 settings at 1080p I can get 90fps with a few settings on medium.

psorcerer

Banned

I've never said that.
Fairytale is RDR2 running on 100fps in 4K.
That' was the claim and I still got no proof that's it's not.

I've seen you in this thread saying that greater than 60fps isn't noticeable.

Yep. Because I think that most of the people who claim they see the difference cannot even see a difference between 100fps on fps counter and actual 60-65fps they are getting.
I also claim that people in general are more tolerant to longer frametimes if they are not fluctuating.
I.e. "90% 30fps 99% 29fps" feels much "smoother" than "90% 60fps 99% 45fps". Although in absolute frametime numbers the second one is much better.

You said it yourself that over 60fps is a fairytale even though there are videos of games running console games at over 60fps.

Fairytale is getting 100fps in RDR2, that's what started all of this.

I posted a video of Doom 2016 running over 100fps at 4k and the ps4pro only runs at 1440p.

Unless I see 99% percentile video proves nothing.
That was my problem with Witcher 3: I see a locked 60 fps in UI, but I do feel that it's not. After measuring I've got 95% 51fps, which explained why it was so stuttery.

Control on my GTX1080ti runs at 60fps at 1440p max settings no RTX.

On my Titan Xp it feels pretty stuttery at 1440p. Can probably measure it later.

kingbean

I've never said that.
Fairytale is RDR2 running on 100fps in 4K.
That' was the claim and I still got no proof that's it's not.

Yep. Because I think that most of the people who claim they see the difference cannot even see a difference between 100fps on fps counter and actual 60-65fps they are getting.
I also claim that people in general are more tolerant to longer frametimes if they are not fluctuating.
I.e. "90% 30fps 99% 29fps" feels much "smoother" than "90% 60fps 99% 45fps". Although in absolute frametime numbers the second one is much better.

Fairytale is getting 100fps in RDR2, that's what started all of this.

Unless I see 99% percentile video proves nothing.
That was my problem with Witcher 3: I see a locked 60 fps in UI, but I do feel that it's not. After measuring I've got 95% 51fps, which explained why it was so stuttery.

On my Titan Xp it feels pretty stuttery at 1440p. Can probably measure it later.

Okay. I don't care anymore because you've clearly got a chip on your shoulder.

Also what self respecting pc gamer with high end hardware wouldn't use VRR tech. So your problem with frame times hardly matter.

Last edited:

wintersouls

wfujwrglfgl31.png

Only on playstation has been put on other times when the exclusivity is temporary. To later remove it. See this

nioh_ps4_1555463462_f554de6b.jpg

Repeat.

Quote me a single official statement from Sony or a CEO stating that the game will be exclusive to PS4 and will never be released on another platform.

Jad-Just_A_Dale

Neo Member

I've seen you in this thread saying that greater than 60fps isn't noticeable. That's what I find to be so mind bogging stupid.

I posted a video of Doom 2016 running over 100fps at 4k and the ps4pro only runs at 1440p. I'm pretty damn sure an RTX2080Ti will be pegging 200fps at 1440p.

Control on my GTX1080ti runs at 60fps at 1440p max settings no RTX. If I put it down to PS4 settings at 1080p I can get 90fps with a few settings on medium.
1440p Doom on RTX2080ti is probably shooting well over 200fps. I got a Vega 56 with a Ryzen 1600, I'm hitting up to 142 fps at times with the vulkan renderer at 2560x1440 on Ultra.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Stolen from Reee. Dev confirms PC ultra wide monitor support.

Anne [developer] 11 Mar @ 1:44am
We will support ultra-wide! As others in this thread already pointed out, the first screenshot on the Store Page is taken from the PC port.

ss_a0dce6304047db276914fab0601e25b63530c76a.1920x1080.jpg

wintersouls

Maybe you should read your first sentence and box cover again.

Maybe you should read me again when I tell you that if the studio is not a first party, many times we have put the only Playstation logo and then they launch it on the PC because the exclusivity is temporary. And I took the opportunity to put the only Playstation logo for those months of exclusivity where you can really only play them on PlayStation.

It was never officially said that Death Strading would never come out on PC. As I said, it was not established at the table when Kojima negotiated the deals for the game with Sony.

It has happened more times as I quote above with Nioh. It is very easy to understand. As a saying that we have in my country says, there is no more blind than the one who does not want to see.

Last edited:
For easy understanding, Some genius or gamers that is more open for this issue pc is not a video gaming console but a different gaming device thus technically the game that announced to have pc version we talking about is still exclusive for playstation(for better term: console exclusive this word is used alot by Sony on some games that have pc release but still exclusive on their side) if you release this game on Xbox console or switch then the game itself will become multiplatform)

its just we on age of information, meme,elitism or fanboyism with simple minded creatures that judge easily those decisions of game developers that leads for them for um idiotic responses or any dumb reason + adding so called "gaming journalist"(making believe it's starting sony's downfall, no exclusives on Sony or such other things)

me, ROFL reading this thread like comics
regards

Last edited:

Senua

For easy understanding, Some genius or gamers that is more open for this issue pc is not a video gaming console but a different gaming device thus technically the game that announced to have pc version we talking about is still exclusive for playstation(for better term: console exclusive this word is used alot by Sony on some games that have pc release but still exclusive on their side) if you release this game on Xbox console or switch then the game itself will become multiplatform)

its just we on age of information, meme,elitism or fanboyism with simple minded creatures that judge easily those decisions of game developers that leads for them for um idiotic responses or any dumb reason + adding so called "gaming journalist"(making believe it's starting sony's downfall, no exclusives on Sony or such other things)

me, ROFL reading this thread like comics
regards
Cool bro.

Armorian

Banned
Stolen from Reee. Dev confirms PC ultra wide monitor support.

Anne [developer] 11 Mar @ 1:44am
We will support ultra-wide! As others in this thread already pointed out, the first screenshot on the Store Page is taken from the PC port.

Great, I wonder how it will run.

Armorian

Banned

I hope they allow for higher draw distance for shadows, it was the weakest aspect of HZD graphics.

I think hdr is a much better investment. At least for this game...

UW gives you bigger FOV (=improves gameplay), HDR just wider diiference between brightest and darkest parts of the picture and no one is saying you can't have both :)

Last edited:

Blond

Banned

Even at all medium they could increase FPS and still look better than the X1X so what point are you trying to make here? lol

Imagine getting upset other people get to play your game.

When Sony doubled down on exclusives when the PS3 tarnished the Playstation brand their fanboys picked up the slack for them and became free marketing tools. Shit, I wish Sony paid me to have console wars on the internet it would be the easiest job of all time.

>deny everything
>argue that all exclusives, regardless of quality, are better than any other console even if appears to not have "taste" to match the audience of PC, Xbox and Switch.
>when people say something like Death Stranding isn't their kind of game, say that they're mad they can't play it even though they more than likely didn't play it themselves even though it flopped so bad sony is afraid to release numbers even when Days Gones numbers are well known
>GOD OF WAR GOT 10'S EVERYWHERE
>Shit controller with even worse battery life? doesn't matter, I can use that touchpad in WITCHA TREE!

Shit I love my PS4 pro, for 6 months I loved the improvements so much I didn't play my PC but I ended up going back because I liked certain options that were available and games like Two Point hospital are a joke to play on console and stuff like Pathfinder and Divinity, even if it does get ported over, plays like dogshit with a controller.

Last edited:

psorcerer

Banned
Even at all medium they could increase FPS and still look better than the X1X so what point are you trying to make here? lol

My point is that PCs are not that better.
You can get 2x in either details or fps or resolution. But not all at once like a lot of poor mustard boys say.
PC advantage is pretty marginal at this point. And will become even less pronounced in next gen.

HE1NZ

Banned
I'm surprised they're releasing this on Steam and not the Sony Store of some kind. I assumed they'll bring Playstation as a service to PC, not just sell games on a competing platform (Steam is a competing platform, even if you count PC as not). Maybe they're just dipping their toes for now though.

Armorian

Banned
You can't do it. It will bring any hw to the knees. Better idea is to implement aabb shadow occluders for landscape. Was used in Crysis 1 and other open games. It kind of bakes remote shadows into landscape itself.

They should at least add option for that, even if current gpus can't handle it future ones will. Draw distance for shadows was absymal in this game on PS4 and I think making it decent enough won't be that taxing.

Other than that HZD is IMO the best looking console game right now (GOW is up there but has more weaker apects like shit cubic reflections) so GG have a winner engine in their hands, I'm really curious how well (or not) it performs on PC and if it's optimized to Nv hardware or just straight GCN port.

Blond

Banned
My point is that PCs are not that better.
You can get 2x in either details or fps or resolution. But not all at once like a lot of poor mustard boys say.
PC advantage is pretty marginal at this point. And will become even less pronounced in next gen.

Anecdotal

You can get higher FPS, Details and resolution, you just need the hardware to do it. If that weren't the case would the PS4P and X1X wouldn't be worth their asking price would they?

You can get a decent rig to play at X1 settings and get double the framerate, not to mention that game is an unoptimized POS that barely looks better than GTA 5 maxed out but needs more horsepower to run. Not to mention some graphical features DF mentioned are so low they can't even make the PC version look that bad near the end of the video LOL.

Anecdotal

Last edited:

psorcerer

Banned
They should at least add option for that, even if current gpus can't handle it future ones will. Draw distance for shadows was absymal in this game on PS4 and I think making it decent enough won't be that taxing.

Other than that HZD is IMO the best looking console game right now (GOW is up there but has more weaker apects like shit cubic reflections) so GG have a winner engine in their hands, I'm really curious how well (or not) it performs on PC and if it's optimized to Nv hardware or just straight GCN port.

You cannot optimize for NV. Their compiler is closed, their arch is closed and nda, their drivers are a giant blob of hacks for every game in existence.
The only party that ever optimizes for NV is NV itself.
I.e. of something runs bad on NV it's only NVs own fault.

psorcerer

Banned
Anecdotal

You can get higher FPS, Details and resolution, you just need the hardware to do it. If that weren't the case would the PS4P and X1X wouldn't be worth their asking price would they?

You can get a decent rig to play at X1 settings and get double the framerate, not to mention that game is an unoptimized POS that barely looks better than GTA 5 maxed out but needs more horsepower to run. Not to mention some graphical features DF mentioned are so low they can't even make the PC version look that bad near the end of the video LOL.

Anecdotal

I'm not going to sit through another garbage video by DF.
What's your point?
Obviously you can get hw to play rdr2 with better fps and resolution.
But on current top hw the difference is not that big.

Top Bottom