• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn confirmed for PC

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Here's my guess.

Horizon is stated coming in the summer, but the next PC games will be this:

Dreams: Sept. Desperate for user base

Until Dawn: Oct. In time for Halloween

God of War: Nov or early Dec. In time for Xmas

Sony isn't going to take off PS exclusive labels if these games are coming in 2022. They are coming soon, but after Horizon.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Here's my guess.

Sony isn't going to take off PS exclusive labels if these games are coming in 2022. They are coming soon, but after Horizon.
It's incredibly annoying and disappointing that they don't listen to people who do not want this....
Everything they've done recently has been a slap in the face of their fans.

Getting a bit jaded of it tbh.

iorek21

Here's my guess.

I'd switch Until Dawn for Bloodborne

Bryank75

Banned
Sony should listen to PC gamers who are willing to pay for this over entitled babies who think only they should be allowed to play the games.
I paid 150 euro for GOW collectors edition alone, again 150 for Death Stranding, I always buy their exclusives on launch and always at least the limited steelbook edition.

I spend a huge amount on PlayStation and as a customer deserve to be heard above PC gamers. It is PC gamers who are entitled since we bought a console to play such games and PC gamers just went on port-begging.

So my thousands of euro spent on PlayStation obviously doesn't mean shit to them.... too busy chasing people who don't want a PlayStation. I think the saying goes 'one in the hand is worth two in the bush'

My guess is that most PC gamers will wait for a Steam sale to buy the games anyway.

It's incredibly annoying and disappointing that they don't listen to people who do not want this....

It's incredibly awesome and exciting that they do listen to people who do want this....
Everything they've done recently has been for the benefit of fans around the world.

Fanboys are getting a bit jaded though tbh.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I paid 150 euro for GOW collectors edition alone, again 150 for Death Stranding, I always buy their exclusives on launch and always at least the limited steelbook edition.

I spend a huge amount on PlayStation and as a customer deserve to be heard above PC gamers. It is PC gamers who are entitled since we bought a console to play such games and PC gamers just went on port-begging.

So my thousands of euro spent on PlayStation obviously doesn't mean shit to them.... too busy chasing people who don't want a PlayStation. I think the saying goes 'one in the hand is worth two in the bush'

My guess is that most PC gamers will wait for a Steam sale to buy the games anyway.

Like I said, entitled babies. The PC version doesn't make your version of the game evaporate. It's just a way for more people to play it, and a way for Sony to make more money and make better games. It's good for everyone except fanboys.

Bryank75

Banned
Like I said, entitled babies. The PC version doesn't make your version of the game evaporate. It's just a way for more people to play it, and a way for Sony to make more money and make better games. It's good for everyone except fanboys.
It undermines my investment in the platform...

I want PlayStation to grow and attract people to the hardware, these idiots on the corporate side think that by making exclusives available everywhere they are going to what???
Suddenly PC gamers are going to say 'Oh, now I see why I need a PlayStation'. Bullshit.

I don't mind one or two games going to PC as long as it is explained upfront what games they are and the timeframe and that no other games are going. But their communication is dogshit..... and that Jim Ryan is the biggest fool that ever graced PlayStation.

Every gain they've made over the last 10 years has almost been flushed down the toilet.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member

I want PlayStation to grow and attract people to the hardware, these idiots on the corporate side think that by making exclusives available everywhere they are going to what???
Suddenly PC gamers are going to say 'Oh, now I see why I need a PlayStation'. Bullshit.

I don't mind one or two games going to PC as long as it is explained upfront what games they are and the timeframe and that no other games are going. But their communication is dogshit..... and that Jim Ryan is the biggest fool that ever graced PlayStation.

The platform isn't just a lump of plastic and chips sitting under the TV, it's everything. HZD or GOW on PC is good for PlayStation because it brings more people into the ecosystem and playing the games Sony makes.

No, PC gamers are not going to need a PlayStation, but two things - one is that they weren't buying PlayStations even with the exclusivity (if they were, there would be no market for this), and two, if the games sell 20%, 50%, 75% more because of their existence on PC, how can anyone say that hurts anything? It just means more investment on Sony's end.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
The platform isn't just a lump of plastic and chips sitting under the TV, it's everything. HZD or GOW on PC is good for PlayStation because it brings more people into the ecosystem and playing the games Sony makes.

No, PC gamers are not going to need a PlayStation, but two things - one is that they weren't buying PlayStations even with the exclusivity (if they were, there would be no market for this), and two, if the games sell 20%, 50%, 75% more because of their existence on PC, how can anyone say that hurts anything? It just means more investment on Sony's end.
...and maybe that is the way it is (Maybe not) but you must admit that their communication has been terrible and seems disrespectful to their loyal customers.

Every gain they've made over the last 10 years has almost been flushed down the toilet.

Investment? Do you have stocks in Sony? Have they gone down because of this announcement? No? Ok.

This is the most ridiculously shameful thing I have ever seen (Your past few posts). Good for you that you bought the nice editions of those games, having them release on another platform shouldn't change your enjoyment of those games. They don't alter or change your experience with them. Grow up.

dcx4610

I'm happy to finally play Horizon. Hopefully we get a PlayStation Store app eventually where they'll just release all of their games on PC.

Honestly, video game hardware follows the sell the razor to sell the blade format. Most of the money comes from games, not hardware. If you can expand your user base by releasing on PC, just do it. In a lot of cases, you might even get double the sales if it's a timed exclusive. I would absolutely buy Last of Us on PC even though I already have it on both PS3 and PS4.

In this day and age, it really doesn't make a lot of sense to limit yourself to a single platform. Especially considering it's all using standard PC artitecture. There are always going to be people that prefer consoles and even if a game comes out on PC, those people aren't going to rush out and build a PC or then not buy the game because it's not exclusive. They'll continue to buy and play console games while Sony expands their base to allow non-console users or people that prefer PC to get in on the action. I think it's win/win.

dEvAnGeL

These Sony fans have been rude, unthankful, and downright trolling for speaking the real truth just because it doesn't fit their agenda. I'm done with giving any pre-released information.
Punishing many because of few is not ideal but understandable from your position, stay safe and healthy.

daninthemix

These Sony fans have been rude, unthankful, and downright trolling for speaking the real truth just because it doesn't fit their agenda. I'm done with giving any pre-released information.
Sure, and that bile gets spewed against official Sony executives twitter when they actually announce. There's no escaping it.

Folks like me are grateful though. 👍

This second picture looks horrible. There is too much ambient occlusion there which destroys the image.

I'm not a big fan of 2D depth buffer mods in games. It's completely not art-directed and will not use PBR like it's supposed to be. W3 has a problem with too much light probe ambient lighting because nearly all of the shaders don't check for visibility to the light. A perfect example of working this from art direction is RDR2.

We'll just have to wait for a good realistic global illumination solution (i.e. ray-tracing).
Bro, I was just trying to show the draw distance of the foliage and some lod... Why you gotta do me like dat?

Crying-Batman.gif

Just so you know, I am an artist as well, I know what it is to appreciate art and what it means to other artists. However, I've experienced the game at vanilla for 100s upon 100s of hours and just wanted a change and to have fun seeing what I could do with my very, very limited knowledge in this area.

Yeah, that's from reshade I'm pretty sure, not from any mod or anything. Though I only use reshade for the colorspace (just wanted to go for a more desaturated look) and a bit of high pass sharpening and AA, which might be what you are talking about? There is a lightning mod but I doubt that has anything to do with the hbao. That's all just from the game itself. I am def NOT injecting that. I tried it and it's absolutely horrible. The top image was using just the in game AA. Which is MSAA and it's atrocious IMO. So I use Reshade to inject some FXAA on top of the in game MSAA. However, I double checked when I saw your post and that pic I posted had SMAA turned on as well. I must have been messing with the settings and forgot to turn it off... oops lol. Anyway, it gives a bit of a softer image so that is what the high pass sharpening is for. It gives the least amount of aliasing and it looks WAY better in motion than with just vanilla to me. Which I absolutely hate. I don't have the horsepower to go 4K at 60+ and max settings rn so I had to try hard to alleviate the ants. If you have any pointers on a better yet still low cost way to get rid of the ants I'd honestly love to know.

Anyway, just for you, I took a pic with Reshade off.
49697693313_dcf7669aa8_k.jpg

Is that any better? Do you see this in all my pics? https://www.flickr.com/photos/145789634@N06/albums/72157712729166862

Come to think of it... one thing it might be is my monitor... I'm using a Viewsonic Elite XG270QG. And it has a DCI-P3 color gamut which is very wide so what I see may not be the same as you since I have things calibrated differently on my monitor as well as in the game for my monitor... At least I've heard that GAMMA and such can affect what you see in screenshots online where it could look darker than what you would actually see in game on your monitor due to calibration. I don't know, I'm spitballing here lol.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

I still don't get why Sony fans are upset about this. You guys are always talking about how magical and wonderful Sony games are. Why wouldn't you want others to enjoy them. As I've said before PC gamers playing Xbox games does not detract from my enjoyment of the games even a little tiny bit. Gotta say, I absolutely love seeing even more people enjoying Halo Reach, my all-time favorite game.

It's GREAT to share a great game with more people.

kingbean

I didn't think parody accounts would buy gaf gold.

Last edited:

HawarMiran

Banned
I still don't get why Sony fans are upset about this. You guys are always talking about how magical and wonderful Sony games are. Why wouldn't you want others to enjoy them. As I've said before PC gamers playing Xbox games does not detract from my enjoyment of the games even a little tiny bit. Gotta say, I absolutely love seeing even more people enjoying Halo Reach, my all-time favorite game.

People don't want Sony Studios to focus on PC ports. Simple as that. If it starts to lack polish like 99% of multiplat titles Sony games will stop being Sony games. If they bring their games multiple years down the line, thats okay with me.

Last edited:
Sales numbers will show who was right.
I don't know... Even at low sales it would be worth it IMO as long as the sales cover the cost to port and maintain. But neither of us can know how much Sony thinks is worth it just from seeing the sales numbers. We will only know that if they just stop trying to port or if they tell us... Breaking into a new market can be hard but Sony obviously sees the potential in their games to draw more people even outside of the console. I just wish their fan(boy)s had that same confidence in Sony's first party games to grow the brand and make it stronger no matter what hardware it's on. Personally, I don't really think normal fans care all that much as long as they have a chance to keep playing the games they love. But unfortunately, as seen when MS did it, there's always a vocal minority of fanboys, who just can't let go of the idea that the games should only be played on their preferred box, who are going to try to stand in the way... It would seem MS has ripped that band-aide off and most fans are ok with it and have gotten past it for the most part allowing MS to establish and start growing a base on PC because they realize that MS cares more about software sales than hardware, which is what is better for the brand, and therefore the games that we actually play, in the long run.

Bryank75

Banned
I don't know... Even at low sales it would be worth it IMO as long as the sales cover the cost to port and maintain. But neither of us can know how much Sony thinks is worth it just from seeing the sales numbers. We will only know that if they just stop trying to port or if they tell us... Breaking into a new market can be hard but Sony obviously sees the potential in their games to draw more people even outside of the console. I just wish their fan(boy)s had that same confidence in Sony's first party games to grow the brand and make it stronger no matter what hardware it's on. Personally, I don't really think normal fans care all that much as long as they have a chance to keep playing the games they love. But unfortunately, as seen when MS did it, there's always a vocal minority of fanboys, who just can't let go of the idea that the games should only be played on their preferred box, who are going to try to stand in the way... It would seem MS has ripped that band-aide off and most fans are ok with it and have gotten past it for the most part allowing MS to establish and start growing a base on PC because they realize that MS cares more about software sales than hardware, which is what is better for the brand, and therefore the games that we actually play, in the long run.
PS5 sales is what I'm thinking.... but I guess the game matters in the shorter term.

kingbean

Because metal gear solid being on pc ruined ps1 sales. And mgs 2 being on Xbox cannibalized ps2 sales. Mgs5 stopped all sales on the ps4 like crazy.

I mean after crash bandicoot came to other consoles the ps4 lost all meaning and suddenly they're sales figures reversed.

Then remember when final fantasy 13 came to 360 and the ps3 fucking exploded from shame and lack of sales.

You people are fucking nuts.

psorcerer

Banned

It's pretty simple. Selling the Sony games on Steam makes a pretty bad brand-awareness case.
It's called "diluting the brand" usually. Because people will think that these are "Steam games" first and foremost.
If Sony made their own store (which they actually have) and sold games there that would mean there is a real case for some "market expansion".
But right now it looks like just an attempt for a quick cash grab.
Overall brand building relies heavily on exclusivity. In a lot of cases even the mere "feeling" of exclusivity is enough to improve the brand.
Here Sony does things that an underdog brand in the space would do (like MSFT, getting at least some of the awareness through as many channels as possible) but they are the top brand in their space.

martino

How is the objective reality of the situation now an agenda? Every single MS Xbox game is landing on PC same day.

there is the general argument people prefer console....(more user friendly, cheaper)
but there is an exception , if it's to play MS exclusive they will always choose complexity and cost.

Last edited:
PS5 sales is what I'm thinking.... but I guess the game matters in the shorter term.
Unfortunately the recent economic downturn, if it doesn't bounce back fast, along with a high priced console, is going to make software sales even more important. This goes for all manufacturers.

The reason the prices are important to the manufacturers is that the higher the price of the next gen consoles, the lower the adoption rate will be. The lower the adoption rate, the less they will make off of software sales (the biggest money maker as far as I know.) coming from those specific consoles.

Next gen AAA games are going to cost a lot to develop if current gen AAA games are anything to go by. Less adoption rate means making less money to cover that cost. Other costs are developing new technology etc to make the next games even better...

The way to mitigate this would be to not have software that was locked to a specific console. Which is why I think MS are smart for putting their games on as many of their consoles as possible right now, including PC, even though they might not be utilizing 100% of the potential of their machine right off the bat. And less people miss out on newer games while they save up to have more bells and whistles if they want.

Not to mention how this complicates the split in marketing between next gen only and current gen games. Which are you going to prioritize? Current gen, where you get most of your software sales atm? Or next gen where, if your first party games are locked, you are trying to push adoption rates to make up for the crazy amounts of money you are spending developing it's software? The higher the bar to entry the harder the ladder is going to be. So then split the diff. Either way, it's more of a risk and a money sink. So especially right now, I think it would be wise to diversify instead of restrict.

In the near future I see people being more able and willing to spend $60 on a game that they can play on their current hardware rather than a couple hundred on a box on top of that. Like I said, this would at least give people time to save for more bells and whistles while at the same time Sony would still get software sales.

Mhmmm 2077

Here's my guess.

Would be amazing if we got all of them before next gen consoles release.

It's pretty simple. Selling the Sony games on Steam makes a pretty bad brand-awareness case.
It's called "diluting the brand" usually. Because people will think that these are "Steam games" first and foremost.
If Sony made their own store (which they actually have) and sold games there that would mean there is a real case for some "market expansion".
Overall brand building relies heavily on exclusivity. In a lot of cases even the mere "feeling" of exclusivity is enough to improve the brand.
Here Sony does things that an underdog brand in the space would do (like MSFT, getting at least some of the awareness through as many channels as possible) but they are the top brand in their space.
Can you show me an example of a brand becoming "diluted" by coming to PC where the brand actually lost popularity after being exclusive?

"Brand building relies heavily on exclusivity..."

Look. Lets just put this in fanboy terms so you might understand. As plainly as I can put it. Sony may not always be on top. It is absolutely possible that MS could take that spot. So, in this scenario. What would be more ideal for Sony to deal with? An MS where they are pretty much on the same page with how they handle their exclusivity and software...

Or an MS who have diversified successfully into other markets and have already gone through all of the growing pains to get there... Who are now prepared with their developing methods and process from the beginning of dev so that they don't have to rely solely on on their console because they also have the reach of PC(and other hardware in the case of minecraft and ori...), who have accepted their presence and come to be excited for whats next...

Perhaps Sony sees the way the market could be heading and they want to be ready for it.

diffusionx

Gold Member

Because the fanboys have spent years talking about muh optimized hardware and muh mustard race and claiming their exclusive titles look better than anything you can get on the PC. Soon enough we will be able to see just how much better the PC can run their titles.

i heard this argument amongst Apple fanboys when Apple started selling their stuff in stores like Target and Best Buy. That it will dilute their brand. That Target customers aren’t Apple customers. That the Apple Stores make their stuff look the best and those stores will make them look like shit, just like in the 90s. Years later what happened? Apple just extended their reach. Their products is far more popular than ever. I’d argue that putting their stuff in more places, places where there wasn’t an Apple Store nearby or people just didn’t frequent it, was a major contributor.

Brands rely on exposure and reach and right now Sony has absolutely no presence in the PC market which is tens of millions of people at least. Just putting your game on Steam exposes it to a huge audience, many of which will never buy or think about a console to play it.

Last edited:

Mhmmm 2077

And since I cannot edit my posts, I'm gonna post here what I also found out after more research:
-Gravity Rush 2 doesn't have "Only On PlayStation" tag (but Gravity Rush Remastered has it)
-Killzone Shadow Fall doesn't have it (but it seems that in never had it)
-Knack 2 doesn't have it (but Knack 1 has the tag)
-Matterfall doesn't have it (but Resogun and Alienation has it)
-Bound doesn't have it
-Déraciné doesn't have it
-Drawn to Death doesn't have it
-Astro Bot: Rescue Mission doesn't have it

The last few never had the tag, so maybe just sony's thing to not tag 3rd party titles like that? And yeah, I checked a lot of games.

Also, I already said that Dreams doesn't have the tag - but in the past it had it, it was removed not so long ago.

psorcerer

Banned
Can you show me an example of a brand becoming "diluted" by coming to PC where the brand actually lost popularity after being exclusive?

Look. Lets just put this in fanboy terms so you might understand. As plainly as I can put it. Sony may not always be on top. It is absolutely possible that MS could take that spot. So, in this scenario. What would be more ideal for Sony to deal with? An MS where they are pretty much on the same page with how they handle their exclusivity and software...

Or an MS who have diversified successfully into other markets and have already gone through all of the growing pains to get there... Who are now prepared with their developing methods and process from the beginning of dev so that they don't have to rely solely on on their console because they also have the reach of PC(and other hardware in the case of minecraft and ori...), who have accepted their presence and come to be excited for whats next...

Perhaps Sony sees the way the market could be heading and they want to be ready for it.

I'm not sure I understand: Sony may not always be on top, so they need to act as if MSFT already won right now?
Or what?
I think you need to cut that "fanboy" bullshit. I have no problem to play everything on PC, in fact I do play on PC a lot.
I'm explaining why "diversifying" into PC may be a bad move for Sony.

Their products is far more popular than ever.

I'm not sure I follow: Apple's really struggilng right now and it's "more popular than ever"?

Just putting your game on Steam exposes it to a huge audience, many of which will never buy or think about a console to play it.

Putting it on PSN for PC would have made it much better. And less royalties for Steam.

ClosBSAS

your 150 dollars dont really mean much in the long run. pc gaming has sales years and years after the game has been releasd bringing money all over the place. sony is not going to get mad at you if you stop buying 150 dollar video games. just let ppl enjoy games, and if sony wants to port to PC 3-4 YEARS, NOT MONTHS, YEARS later, i dont see why you have such an issue with it. worry when ps games come to pc on the same launch day (newsflash: it will not happen). You really have no saying above anybody, you yourself are to blame for spending that much money on a medium. Sony wants money, and free money means ports to PC. simple as that.

ClosBSAS

Sales numbers will show who was right.
so...horizon needs to sell 10 million to be profitable? LMFAO. i am pretty sure, with the engine being made for PC the porting will take a month or two, and will be profitable withing 24 hrs jus tlike alan wake was. trust me, no need to sell 10 million copies, in fact, it wont even sell a million, but it will profitable and in the long run....more profitable than the console version itself and thats a known fact about pc games. so yes, sales number mean shit when it comes to making money. Sony fans should really study the market a lil before making bold claims.

diffusionx

Gold Member
your 150 dollars dont really mean much in the long run. pc gaming has sales years and years after the game has been releasd bringing money all over the place. sony is not going to get mad at you if you stop buying 150 dollar video games. just let ppl enjoy games, and if sony wants to port to PC 3-4 YEARS, NOT MONTHS, YEARS later, i dont see why you have such an issue with it. worry when ps games come to pc on the same launch day (newsflash: it will not happen).

I hope it happens. I think it will eventually, or at least it will turn into 6-12 months, once they see how much money they can make by doing this.

I'm not sure I understand: Sony may not always be on top, so they need to act as if MSFT already won right now?
Or what?
I think you need to cut that "fanboy" bullshit. I have no problem to play everything on PC, in fact I do play on PC a lot.
I'm explaining why "diversifying" into PC may be a bad move for Sony.
It's not my fault if you can't understand that businesses adapt or die. https://www.hiscox.co.uk/broker/abo...ses-transformed-their-business-models-survive

What I am saying, is that perhaps Sony sees the market, as a whole, even outside of gaming, going in a direction towards software that is more platform agnostic. I think MS sees that, and that is where they are headed. Just like all of the other services that MS offers where they are doing the same to great success. And to be clear, I am only using MS as an example because it pertains to this, not to fanboy for them.

I'm not sure I follow: Apple's really struggilng right now and it's "more popular than ever"?

Did you even read this article? It actually confirms what I have been saying...

"But there are question marks over whether Services will simply grow forever, driven by the installed base. Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty said last month that App Store downloads went into decline in Q1 2019 for the first time ever.

Bernstein analyst Toni Sacconaghi Jr. believes the installed base may actually cannibalize new device sales — because poorer customers don't need new iPhones if there is a constant supply of older ones.

Those trends suggest that the iPhone might be a closed universe inside which Services is trapped, not a platform from which Services can grow forever.

So why, to return to our opening question, is the stock performing so well when Apple's products are selling so anemically?"

They are in this mess because they have locked themselves to their hardware. If they could put their software on other devices as well... They may have initially grew due to exclusivity when the market was primed for that, but like I said, adapt or die. If the market is changing, no matter how big you are, sometimes you just have to change with it.

Putting it on PSN for PC would have made it much better. And less royalties for Steam.
Not if the sales didn't make up the diff in royalties... Got any sales data on a game on PSN vs a game on steam from Sony? PC gamers also hate multiple store fronts as seen with MS's windows store. They are now just putting things on steam as well. Good luck competing between MS on steam and a totally diff storefront that most don't even know exists for PC... Better to start out on both IMO and try to grow and develop your storefront alongside one where you know you are going to get tons of sales...

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
People don't want Sony Studios to focus on PC ports. Simple as that. If it starts to lack polish like 99% of multiplat titles Sony games will stop being Sony games. If they bring their games multiple years down the line, thats okay with me.

That's an extremely arrogant thing to say about other companies' results. Especially since it's objectively false. This is the attitude that I hate that I only find in Sony gamers.

Some of Sony's games are very good, but not all of them. Also even the ones that are very good don't completely shadow 99% of all multiplatform games.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

I'm surprised Xbox fans were upset, Microsoft made games for the PC long before Xbox was a twinkle in Bill Gates eyes. I played many MS games when I was a PC gamer long before I ever owned an Xbox. When I switched from single player games to MMORPGs my first was Asheron's call 2, also a Microsoft Game Studio game.

I finally got tired of MMOs and playing games on the PC so when the Xbox 360 came along I decided it was time to go back to console gaming. For me I much prefer playing on console, but those that prefer PC should be able to play Microsoft games since that's originally where Microsoft Game Studios (now XGS) was born.

I guess Sony games should be limited to Playstation ONLY. Their games are just too special for you PC troglodytes.

I'm surprised Xbox fans were upset, Microsoft made games for the PC long before Xbox was a twinkle in Bill Gates eyes. I played many MS games when I was a PC gamer long before I ever owned an Xbox. When I switched from single player games to MMORPGs my first was Asheron's call 2, also a Microsoft Game Studio game.

I finally got tired of MMOs and playing games on the PC so when the Xbox 360 came along I decided it was time to go back to console gaming. For me I much prefer playing on console, but those that prefer PC should be able to play Microsoft games since that's originally where Microsoft Game Studios (now XGS) was born.

I guess Sony games should be limited to Playstation ONLY. Their games are just too special for you PC troglodytes.
Yeah, you're not the only one. As can be seen here...

Which is why people shouldn't be so concerned about PC software sales cannibalizing console software or hardware sales.

Last edited:
I know. You should have played it current-gen. Now we are going to next-gen.
I have, but couldn't stand the low frame rate and input latency. So I put it down, and now I'll get to play the best version of the game. Same with Death Stranding. I don't mind waiting a handful of months to play a single player game, in it's best iteration of the game.

Bryank75

Banned
That's an extremely arrogant thing to say about other companies' results. Especially since it's objectively false. This is the attitude that I hate that I only find in Sony gamers.

Some of Sony's games are very good, but not all of them. Also even the ones that are very good don't completely shadow 99% of all multiplatform games.
Opinions...
for me they do.... I really only have time for Capcom, Nintendo and then a few select titles outside what Sony offers.

Neofire

Is it really a big deal the game has been out for over 3 years why wouldn't Sony try to get a few more sales on pc.
Hmm normally it wouldn't be but given Sony's situation with its stumbles of the ps5. People might be jumping ship anyway seeing the disappointment and exclusive titles appearing on the PC will only push people to accelerate that move.

psorcerer

Banned
Those trends suggest that the iPhone might be a closed universe inside which Services is trapped, not a platform from which Services can grow forever.

That's only a projection.
Everybody has one.
The facts are: Apple is dying right now. And it's because of the things they did, and not because of some projections that are yet to come.

It's not my fault if you can't understand that businesses adapt or die.

Adapt to what exactly?
What is changing/changed right now that needs adaptation?

They are now just putting things on steam as well.

So, you are implying that Steam won and Sony and MSFT need to "adapt" to a new ruler? Or what?
I don't see a coherent picture from you on why selling on Steam is a good strategy.

so...horizon needs to sell 10 million to be profitable?

No, obviously, but it needs to sell a sizable amount that justifies the motions taken.

Bryank75

Banned

They would easily be on top... except for the recent decisions. Does Netflix give away Stranger Things? Does Disney give away The Mandolorian?

PlayStation management have been fooled into chasing a losing side...

What they should have emulated was Xbox managements openness in communication.

Top Bottom