• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Full Map "Leaked" Spoilers Main Location

vivekTO

sXOepoc.jpg

These seems to be three main Regions in the game

SUNFALL
MERIDIAN
MOTHER'S HEART

Thoughts?? Seems to be Quiet Big with varied Environments.

vivekTO

How big is that in real world terms.

Like how many KM in diameter.

Can't really say about the exact dimensions , but if we are guessing , the dimension from left to right is more than 10 km +- 50 :p

Didn't someone "leak" the plot a while back (probably fake). Did they mention these locations?

Are you talking about the 4chan leak thread? The OP is an Idiot, i must say.
But still ,the leak talked about different tribes not the exact name, an educated guess??

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
To get a sense of scale, aren't there gameplay videos from around the Hunter's Gathering area?

kyser73

I don't think those tribe names in the OP are correct.

Aloy's tribe are called the Nora, I think those are the names of the different regions instead.

I don't think those tribe names in the OP are correct.

Aloy's tribe are called the Nora, I think those are the names of the different regions instead.
Yeah, I think those are regions (or big villages/settlements) as well. I swear someone in one of the trailers also says "welcome to meridian" or something.

kyser73

Yeah, I think those are regions (or big cities/villages) as well. I swear someone in one of the trailers also says "welcome to meridian" or something.

Meridian is the only city in the game AFAWK,
and from the cinematic trailer it's where the Power-sigil tribe are up to their 'rebuild the warbots' shenanigans. It's also apparent by that point that Aloy has built a pretty big rep getting there.

I read somewhere that somebody compared it to the size of Velen from the Witcher 3. If that is the case, then that is a decent size map. No complaints here.

Fredrik

Wow! :eek: Considering how great it looks in the trailers it's quite an achievement to make a game world that big.

Kin5290

The Carja, who look to be an Iron Age civilization that venerates the Sun, are a neighboring people to the Nora. This is from incidental dialogue shown in the gameplay previews.

I believe that the region as a whole is called Meridian, but I'm not sure.

Effect

The right side of the map looks significantly less open if you can't travel over those mountains or cliff areas. As does that center section. I haven't followed the game to closely but was anything said on that front in regarding to how much freedom you had in moving around?

From the gameplay I've seen I haven't seen anything to suggest you'd be able to travel like that. There looks like there are a number of paths through these areas and maybe those are the only way you can travel through sections like that and you'll just see the cliffs and mountains and not go up them.

I read somewhere that somebody compared it to the size of Velen from the Witcher 3. If that is the case, then that is a decent size map. No complaints here.

That's quite big indeed. But is it big enough for the variety of environment in Horizon?

Velen is big, but there are only two main environment there, which are lush forests and swamps. And they're placed realistically, just perfect for the size of Velen. When we have these so many different environment within the same amount of land in Horizon, it could become unrealistic. Like, you can travel from a lush forest to a snowy area in just several minutes of traveling. But hey, Horizon is not a game that's trying to be realistic anyway. My concern is moot, I guess.

Effect

Well a whole lot of it seems to be fake!! and no it didn't describe the locations.

The developers used this specific term "Corridor Open World" :p

That term makes sense when I look at that map. Could still be a decent enough size. I wonder what reactions are going to be for those that don't realize this.

styl3s

Looks like Skyrim map.

I think it's the shape...but to me has definitely a Skyrim vibe.
If you renamed those markers and told me it was Skyrims map i would 100% believe you.

As for the size i am curious how open it is, is it instanced parts or one full open world with no loading?

dc89

As long as there's stuff to do, things to see etc. I'd rather have a smaller map filled with lots of things than a large and empty world.

vivekTO

That term makes sense when I look at that map. Could still be pretty big but I wonder what reactions are going to be for those that don't realize this.

Sorry to disappoint you But thats the term some people are using while trying to downplay the game graphics calling it a "CORRIDOR".
Its an huge open world game , you can scale mountains as well, I hope you are not being serious with that comment.

If you renamed those markers and told me it was Skyrims map i would 100% believe you.

As for the size i am curious how open it is, is it instanced parts or one full open world with no loading?

No loading , there is no hub system, Its a one big open world.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Shinobi already said that review codes are out!!

I know, since well, ;) Hence why I said what he said (that early review copies aren't being sent out) is incorrect.

Or did he mean that this thing being leaked was the "negative" thing with review copies already being sent out? If so, eh. Hopefully, this is all that's leaked since the guide has tons of stuff that could be spoiler-ish even.

vivekTO

I know, since well, ;) Hence why I said what he said (that early review copies aren't being sent out) is incorrect.

Or did he mean that this thing being leaked was the "negative" thing with review copies already being sent out? If so, eh. Hopefully, this is all that's leaked since the guide has tons of stuff that could be spoiler-ish even.

What , you have a review code?? am i reading too much into the post :p

jjonez18

Yeah. That second thing. Higher chance of leaks and spoilers before launch.

Muffdraul

I thought this was going to be about the game apparently taking place in
Colorado. At least I assume so. In Playstation Access' 'Things You Must Do' preview video there was a building that looks exactly like the awesome chapel in the Colorado Springs Air Force base.

vivekTO

I thought this was going to be about the game apparently taking place in
Colorado. At least I assume so. In Playstation Access' 'Things You Must Do' preview video there was a building that looks exactly like the awesome chapel in the Colorado Springs Air Force base.

I think that's the inspiration for certain locations , but to bring more variety to the environment , they have changed some of the topology.

Top Bottom