• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn had loot boxes and nobody cared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakuza

loot boxes in horizon cannot be purchased with real money and offer nothing of importance. You'll have a ton of loot boxes and chests in your inventory with items you already have the max amount of anyways.

MattAces

Coming up next:
Mario has loot boxes too. Will you get coins, mushroom, fire flower or what!?

200px-Question_Block_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

Dynedom

You couldn't find an actual Sony exclusive with lootboxes so you just made things up?

I'm sure there are actual examples but this just comes off as desperate.

sirap

Try what?
I was obviously joking if you mind, but i know if i dont put the /s you can't take a joke. Don't be triggered my dear.

Sorry, that's a terrible joke and it really wasn't obvious at all. Reads more like the usual console warrior shitpost.

"You have no business complaining about A if you're not also griping about B. Did you notice what C is doing and remember that everybody loved D."

Wow. Dropping rhetorical bombs here... We can stop the pushback against releases happening right now. Pack it up, gamers.

Hektor

No one knows. People are jumping the gun.

AC has had microtransactions to "help you save time" since Black Flag, so while you're right in that nobody knows for certain, there isn't much of a reason to give Ubisoft the benefit of a doubt on that one.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
That shit doesn't even matter. There is nothing worth finding in Horizon's open world anyway. All the weapons and armours can be bought on the shop which makes me question why even there is rare or very rare on weapons or armours anyway? If suppose tell the power of the weapons or armours, wasn't the colours like purple, blue and green tell you that already?

Stygr

Banned
Sorry, that's a terrible joke and it really wasn't obvious at all. Read more like the usual console warrior shitpost.

Again, i play on PC, ONE,PS4 and NSW, i don't care about console warriors, masterrace heritage or shit like this, i play what i like where i like, i don't have stocks on Sony, Microsoft o Nintendo or whatever, i did a joke, if people can't take it, i don't care honestly. By the replies i see, a lot of people getting triggered for this, that's the real problem, not my joke.

Next time i'll put a BIG /S all over my joking comments

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
loot boxes in horizon cannot be purchased with real money and offer nothing of importance. You'll have a ton of loot boxes and chests in your inventory with items you already have the max amount of anyways.

Kill a Thunderjaw and you earn 2 Legendary Mods and a fuckton of Loot
Just kill a few and you have like 10-15 boxes worth of stuff to open

They're so amazing (Guerrilla), that if box had ammo inside of it, the chest remained with said ammo amount, so you literally carry more ammo than you can hold in reserves

Then when you run low, go to boxes and take them out, no need to craft

Dynedom

Again, i play on PC, ONE,PS4 and NSW, i don't care about console warriors, masterrace heritage or shit like this, i play what i like where i like, i don't have stocks on Sony, Microsoft o Nintendo or whatever, i did a joke, if people can't take it, i don't care honestly. By the replies i see, a lot of people getting triggered for this, that's the real problem, not my joke.

I appreciate the joke but you should know plenty of people in each camp make statements like this that aren't jokes, right?

danthefan

Haven't played Horizon yet but it's no excuse. Loot boxes suck.

There's no material difference in HZD between the loot boxes and just finding random gear on enemies, the route by which you receive the item is just marginally different.

The key point is they do not cost you real money and cannot cost you real money. You can find all the items elsewhere.

Try playing the game before making silly comments.

Cleve

OP,

Loot boxes in Horizon were all shitty and filled with low-tier crafting garbage or mods. Even the ones tied to sets of collectibles were worthless, and you were never able to trade real money for them.

AC on the other hand has a history of abusively priced micro-transactions and premium currency.

Stygr

Banned
I appreciate the joke but you should know plenty of people in each camp make statements like this that aren't jokes, right?

Now i know, i'm relatively new to NeoGAF, like 2-3 months, but next time i'll put the "/S" everywhere.

Fliesen

The Horizon "loot boxes" are pretty much the same as any "gambling" vendors in so many games before - like Gheed in Diablo 2.

There's nothing wrong with a game having a "gambling" mechanic - especially when ingame currency is incredibly easy to come buy.
They're basically meant for you to be able to burn your in-game money on something.

The microtransactions that are combined with loot-boxes in modern games are the issue.

* Microtransactions by themselves can be somewhat iffy, but at least you know what you'll be getting. ("pay 3$ for horse armor")
* "Gambling with ingame currency" is pretty much harmless. ("pay 200.000 ingame gold for a chance to get a rare item")
* Gambling (by means of loot boxes) with a currency that you acquire with micro-transactions is incredibly shady. ("pay 3$ for a chance to get the thing you want")

Sane_Man

I don't even buy that it was a joke. You're just embarrassed that you fucked up. If it was a joke then, jesus, you need to work on your delivery.

Drencrom

Is this a joke thread? There are no microtransactions in Horizon and the boxes are bought with in-game currency and are filled with crafting materials.

camac002

Why are you saying "people can't take it" and "getting triggered". You wrote something, people took it at face value and we said there weren't any microtransactions. You've made this into a bigger thing than it needed to be.

watdaeff4

Is this a joke thread? There are no microtransactions in Horizon and the boxes are bought with in-game currency and are filled with crafting materials.

I think it's a joke thread/rudimentary sociology experiment

check out the AC:O/lootbox thread

AC has had microtransactions to "help you save time" since Black Flag, so while you're right in that nobody knows for certain, there isn't much of a reason to give Ubisoft the benefit of a doubt on that one.
Black Flag was the worst because the story missions were locked behind certain ship upgrades that were tedious as hell if you didn't upgrade the way the game expected you to. Never got past it.

And no, I won't be shocked at all if Ubi goes that route with Origins. I've been expecting it for a while now. But they haven't pulled that trigger. And maybe they won't.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
By the replies i see, a lot of people getting triggered for this, that's the real problem, not my joke.

You should stop using this word if you want anyone to take your posts seriously.

sirap

Looks like the only person "triggered" here is you. A lot of defending for someone who doesn't care.

Just take the L, we all make stupid posts every now and then.

Snoopycat

Banned
Horizon has many problems but lootboxes definitely isn't one of them. If they were I would have had a damn good gripe about them already.

Elandyll

Banned
This has got to be a joke thread, unless AC doesn't have an in game currency that you buy with real money.
In which case it wouldn't be MTs.

cyba89

It's a reaction thread at people getting angry at AC for using the exact same system as Horizon (as far as we know).

I doubt the OP wanted to express that people should be angry at Horizon loot boxes.

Thread backfire ? thread backfire..

nope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom