• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn Leaked Ending - 4Chan Rumour (Spoilers Ahead) - New Melee Gifs

What's the point of the story being good or bad...if you know it beforehand?

Makes it all pointless, to be honest.
It all the depends on the execution at the end of the day. But this is AAA video game writing, from a studio that hasn't done much of anything worthwhile in the story department. So I'm not holding my breath.

ironcreed

Banned
I have no doubt that I will at least love playing the game and being in the gorgeous world. The overall design makes it look like one of the most impressive games ever, but I am going to hold off on this and a few others in order to give me some great games to come back to later in the year. As I just pre-ordered 3 other games, plus bought a shitload more in the past month and I absolutely have to cool it on the spending. All of these games being released so close together is nuts anyway.

LordKasual

Banned
4chan XV leaks were an anomaly. The conditions surrounding XV's development were by no means normal.

not reading shit about this game though, i'm never info-spoiling myself on another game like that ever again.

I suspected she'd at least get a Lightsaber...of some sorts.

This is a decent compromise. I guess.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
My guess is that
these biobots are actually organic droids right? They might as well be human it seems considering that they have already showed that they can grow old as well as die normally. Aloy went from a kid to a teen so we can assume so

In any case, i want to play the game to completion to get a good feel for it without taking the ending without context

It all the depends on the execution at the end of the day. But this is AAA video game writing, from a studio that hasn't done much of anything worthwhile in the story department. So I'm not holding my breath.
I understand the sentiment. Even so, jumping into a game knowing what's going to happen just devalues everything, your experience and the effort the developer had.

I mean, let's say you read the spoiler. You think it's actually good or possibly interesting. Wouldn't be preferable to find out organically, by actually playing the game, than to read some leak?

The presentation, cutscenes, dialogues and so on, lose a lot of impact, even if well executed.

The same thing goes if you found it boring and uninspiring.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
My guess is that
these biobots are actually organic droids right? They might as well be human it seems considering that they have already showed that they can grow old as well as die normally. Aloy went from a kid to a teen so we can assume so

Yes.
Maybe nanobots or something like that. I mean it is always nanobots. maybe nanobots made out of organic material or some kojima stuff.

On the Bright side, that new Difficulty mode sounds awesome, I just wish you wouldn't have to play through the whole game to get it.

NEO0MJ

I understand the sentiment. Even so, jumping into a game knowing what's going to happen just devalues everything, your experience and the effort the developer had.

Actually, according to some studies spoilers aren't as damaging to the experience as some would think. Besides, this is a video game so lol at story, especially from this dev.

-Horizon-

Gonna need to get some more context as to why she
would ever side with the dino bots over other biomachines like her

Inuhanyou

Should've learned my lesson with K:SF. This company does not know how to make inspired stories.

We don't know anything besides the ending though. Getting from what the end of the game is matters for context.

Inuhanyou

I've played every Killzone. You could probably interpolate a lot of the story just based on the ending and the trailers.

I have too, but this is an ARPG that is tens of hours, not a cinematic FPS that is 5 hours long. There's tons we have not yet seen.

Speaking personally, i really like the leaks, it reminds me of games like
Nier, where your essentially fighting against peace and such and killing off humans based on just a misunderstanding of apocalyptic events. In this game your just destroying the remnant of the defense humans created to avoid the matrix/terminator

Charamiwa

Banned
The "leaker" also said
the main story is 20 hours, and 40 hours for 100%

He also said he really liked it, and most people around him too. Which makes me think the leak might be legit, since a fake leak on 4chan about the game would be shitting all over it.

Ran rp

meh

No. And that what makes even funnier reading this haters comments lol
They running out of excuses.

image.php

I think it's cool, but
I'm disappointed at the presence of multiple endings. The devs should have written one ending and stuck with it.

Rodin

Combat in the gifs reminds me of FFXV for some reason. Not that i expect it to play similarly though.

Story sounds
bad and cliché but that was expected right?
Damn lol beaten
I hope it's fake, it seems too stupid.
Why the hell you should wipe your own race? You are basically Human 2.0 and inheritated Earth from them: just wipe all the robo-saurs and use their robo-corpse to rebuild civilization!
cuz MAN IS THE REAL MONSTAH

DEEP STUFF BRODAH

That's pretty cool, actually. Not sure how
they'd make a sequel based on those choices for the ending. Isn't this supposed to be the first part in Aloy's story - i.e. there should be a sequel

Your decision at the end of the game didn't work because (robo)life finds a way.

Top Bottom