• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn on PC (Same guy that "predicted" Death Stranding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that Sony is in the games business rather than just the console business as well. It also appears that VFXVeteran VFXVeteran may be onto something with some of the things that he's been saying about Sony and how they want to put more games on PC as well.

A new rumour suggests that Horizon Zero Dawn, the critically acclaimed action RPG from Guerrilla Games, could be coming to PC as early as February 2020.

The report comes from Russian YouTuber Anton Logvinov, who previously predicted Death Stranding's now confirmed PC release earlier in 2019, claiming in a new video that "Horizon Zero Dawn will be available on PC on February next year" and "the announcement will be soon."

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Lol. Gamesradar reports about nothing else than shaky rumors from unproven sources nowadays. Between random Redditors and Russian youtubers, it's hilarious.

Everyone and his mom predicted that Death Stranding would come to PC, because they basically confirmed it right after the announcement only to hurriedly retract it. That's hardly validation of someone as an insider.

Lol. Gamesradar reports about nothing else than shaky rumors from unproven sources nowadays. Between random Redditors and Russian youtubers, it's hilarious.

Everyone and his mom predicted that Death Stranding would come to PC, because they basically confirmed it right after the announcement only to hurriedly retract it. That's hardly validation of someone as an insider.

This better?

Last edited:

iamvin22

Industry Verified

Exactly. It was announced for pc on the same day it was announced for ps4 I'm pretty sure

Psykodad

Banned
How come this is only now a thing when Hermen Hulst himself literally said he would think it'd be nice to see a PC release for HZD a while ago?

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

This better?

Not sure how adding a few other sites equally known for click-baiting and rumormongering makes it better? That's basically a catalog of the worst of the worst in there.

No, the official announcement came upon the release of Death Stranding.

Keyword "official." The PC version was mentioned basically at the same time as the PS4 version, and then hurriedly retracted, leading basically everyone with a brain to pretty much know it would come. It was only a matter of when. Again, it's certainly not any validation for this Russian youtuber rando or the people who use him as a source because they're desperate for those platform war clicks.

Last edited:
Don't trust this asshole.

He is a typical "games journalist" and is infamous for being a liar and a massive shill.

He also likes Anthem

UPDATE : Looks like I was wrong but this guy is still an asshole.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
If the same engine runs well on PC, per the upcoming port of Death Stranding, from a certain perspective, why not?

A good amount of cash could be earned for a three year old game that’s basically run it’s course, and a big chunk of the work is done. This also helps justify all the work to bring the engine to PC for Death Stranding.

Kadayi

Banned
If there is money in it why not. Though I doubt that games like The Last of Us or Uncharted will be coming to PC, any time soon.

Bkdk

That would be a super awesome start, hoping for mod support And Please Nintendo, bring games to PC and consoles will soon be irrelevant to me.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
That would be a super awesome start, hoping for mod support And Please Nintendo, bring games to PC and consoles will soon be irrelevant to me.
And why they want to do that? Nintendo makes lot of their money selling their consoles.

Hinedorf

Banned
Still one of the best games on PS4 to me. Has one of the best and most complete stories that makes sense to the landscape of things. One of the few games I would even recommend the DLC.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Still one of the best games on PS4 to me. Has one of the best and most complete stories that makes sense to the landscape of things. One of the few games I would even recommend the DLC.
I wanted to like it and I kinda hate it... It's amazing to look at and the music is great. Faces are great looking, characters are ok, story is simple but ok too.
But I just couldn't get into the combat and how it ruined the traversal. It's weird to explain but I couldn't get into it. (but I did finished it anyway)
But don't I am a weirdo. I love Dark Souls 2 the most and I think Infamous 2nd son is underappreciated gem.

Lanrutcon

I remember how people swore that Dragon's Dogma would never, ever ever ever come to PC.

The moon itself would be consumed by the elder gods and our species forced into servitude by the eldritch horrors that haunt the places in between before that happened.

...lovely game on PC. Finished it a few times. I like the part where you get educated on the predatory behavior of untamed canines.

Chromata

It actually makes sense to release these on PC after a couple of years. It's new sales from a game that must be hardly selling anything on Playstation plus a chance to lure more players into a HZD2 on PS5.

Agreed with this. As an owner of both a PS4 and gaming PC, I would definitely buy Horizon on PC. I never got around to it on PS4 and it's a better experience on PC.

I hope this is true.

mejin

If the same engine runs well on PC, per the upcoming port of Death Stranding, from a certain perspective, why not?

A good amount of cash could be earned for a three year old game that’s basically run it’s course, and a big chunk of the work is done. This also helps justify all the work to bring the engine to PC for Death Stranding.

It greatly devalues the console.

If Sony doesn't want to focus on services right at the gate with PS5, I think it is not a smart move to bring their biggest games to pc. We don't even know the impact on Death Stranding sales yet, for example.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I remember how people swore that Dragon's Dogma would never, ever ever ever come to PC.

The moon itself would be consumed by the elder gods and our species forced into servitude by the eldritch horrors that haunt the places in between before that happened.

...lovely game on PC. Finished it a few times. I like the part where you get educated on the predatory behavior of untamed canines.

It was also a game by Capcom, who frequently releases games on PC.

-Arcadia-

Banned
It greatly devalues the console.

If Sony doesn't want to focus on services right at the gate with PS5, I think it is not a smart move to bring their biggest games to pc. We don't even know the impact on Death Stranding sales yet, for example.

I agree that it could, but notice that I said “from a certain perspective”. I wasn’t necessarily saying that was the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom