• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn PC Version Listed on Amazon France (Delisted, link dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
horizon_zero_dawn_cover.jpg

Horizon Zero Dawn PC might be getting closer to an official reveal. After the rumors posted in January by Kotaku's Jason Schreier, who shared that the open world action roleplaying game should launch later this year via both Steam and the Epic Games store, today a listing of Horizon Zero Dawn PC appeared on Amazon France, with Sony as the publisher.

There is no further information at this time, and there's a chance it could be just a blunder made by some Amazon employee. On the other hand, given the strength of the previous rumors and the fact that the game is about to celebrate its third anniversary since the original PlayStation 4 release (February 28th, 2017 in North America, March 1st, 2017 in Europe), it is reasonable to believe this could be the real deal.

Horizon Zero Dawn PC would likely include both the base game and the Frozen Wilds expansion, released in late 2017. The game won plenty of Game of the Year awards in 2017 and went on to be the most successful title ever developed by Dutch studio Guerrilla Games with over 10 million copies. A sequel is practically guaranteed to be in the works for Sony's next-generation console, the PlayStation 5, due to hit stores during the Holiday season.

Below you can find excerpts from our reviews of Horizon Zero Dawn and Frozen Wilds, both rated 9.5 by our editors.

Chris Wray:
Horizon Zero Dawn is a pure sign of what can be completed with an exceptionally designed open world. Not only that, it has exceptional characterisation and a sincere story that doesn't shoehorn elements, allowing for the organic growth of characters. This is a game that I can barely find any faults with, except borrowing some elements from other open world games. Even so, it made each and every element its own in one of the best games to date.
Francesco De Meo:
With a new focused story, a harshly beautiful new area, new weapons, enemies and skills, Horizon Zero Dawn The Frozen Wilds is a worthy expansion of the open world game developed by Guerrilla Games. Ultimately, it's more of the same, as the expansion lacks any major new gameplay mechanics, but when so much love is put into a product, is it really an issue? Highly recommended to all Horizon Zero Dawn owners.

Sussoloc

PS Now and the Complete Edition cdkey offers for 3 bucks won't generate too much money, so this is a good idea for Sony to make some bucks. Perhaps all "exclusive" games will only become timed. 1 year for console, 1 year for PS Now and then full ports.

PS Now and the Complete Edition cdkey offers for 3 bucks won't generate too much money, so this is a good idea for Sony to make some bucks. Perhaps all "exclusive" games will only become timed. 1 year for console, 1 year for PS Now and then full ports.
Conversely, Sony execs have said a few times that they don't really care if 90% of their first party games make a loss, because they exist first and foremost to sell Playstations, so consumers are in their ecosystem, spending money that Sony takes a cut from, that makes them far, far more money than all their first party titles ever could.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but it marks a very, very short sighted and greedy change of priority that has the potential to hurt system sales and thus have the knock on effect of removing the sole reasom these games exist in the first place.

Sussoloc

Conversely, Sony execs have said a few times that they don't really care if 90% of their first party games make a loss, because they exist first and foremost to sell Playstations, so consumers are in their ecosystem, spending money that Sony takes a cut from, that makes them far, far more money than all their first party titles ever could.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but it marks a very, very short sighted and greedy change of priority that has the potential to hurt system sales and thus have the knock on effect of removing the sole reasom these games exist in the first place.
Perhaps Sony realized that this tactic doesn't work anymore. Who buys exclusive games in the first place? Core gamer with a gaming Pc. No pc owner buys and plays 3rd party games in worse for more money and pays for online gaming. In the end it's all about money and Sony doesn't make much money with most core gamers. Worst case scenario: Used PS4 + used game and sell them when played. Not a single cent for Sony.

Perhaps Sony realized that this tactic doesn't work anymore. Who buys exclusive games in the first place? Core gamer with a gaming Pc. No pc owner buys and plays 3rd party games in worse for more money and pays for online gaming. In the end it's all about money and Sony doesn't make much money with most core gamers. Worst case scenario: Used PS4 + used game and sell them when played. Not a single cent for Sony.
Have I somehow ended up in an alternate universe where Sony exclusives aren't some of the most well reviewed and best selling games each year, helping to sell over 100 million PS4's and coinciding with their most profitable ever generation of gaming? I mean are you seriously arguing this in the same year The Last of Us 2 is due to be released?

I swear, the anti console bias some people have makes them completely blind to the reality of this industry. It's as bad as the console warrior bullshit.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
Have I somehow ended up in an alternate universe where Sony exclusives aren't some of the most well reviewed and best selling games each year, helping to sell over 100 million PS4's and coinciding with their most profitable ever generation of gaming? I mean are you seriously arguing this in the same year The Last of Us 2 is due to be released?

I swear, the anti console bias some people have makes them completely blind to the reality of this industry. It's as bad as the console warrior bullshit.
Its round about port begging. They acttually expect anyone with a brain to think a full sale at 60 dollars is worse than 70% at 20 dollars or less lol. It's a new level of port begging but with horrible logic of 1+1=5 lol.

Sussoloc

Have I somehow ended up in an alternate universe where Sony Exclusives aren't some of the most well reviewed and best selling games each year, helping to sell over 100 million PS4's and coinciding with their most profitable ever generation of gaming? I mean are you seriously arguing this in the same year The Last of Us 2 is due to be releaded?

Casuals mosty buy their FIFA/COD/BF/Fortnite and so on and casuals dominate. Sony would have easily sold 90M consoles without a single exclsuive game. People buy a PS4 or Xbox for 3rd party games and Nintendo for 1rst party games. Nintendo already sold more exclusive games than Sony in less than half the time with less than half the userbase. Every PS4 owner owns 12 or 13 games and just one is an exclusive game. This isn't a bad thing, why are people always so pissed if someone says that the majority of players buy 3rd party games only?
Moneywise ports would be a smart move for Sony in my opinion.

Last edited:
Its round about port begging. They acttually expect anyone with a brain to think a full sale at 60 dollars is worse than 70% at 20 dollars or less lol. It's a new level of port begging but with horrible logic of 1+1=5 lol.
See I totally get wanting everything on PC, modding makes everything better and if you've got the cash, it's the best way to play, but there's a very good reason these first party exclusives exist, and it's not to make money.

Going against that has the potential to cause irrevocable harm to these sort of games, because they're not the sort of titles that offer the kind of returns on investment to make their development worthwhile, which is why you generally only see them from Sony and Nintendo. AAA publishers generally consider them to not be profitable enough to bother with.

dDoc

Let the cries of Sony fanboys begin.

A 3 year old game getting ported (hopefully nothing official yet).

Played it ages ago and perhaps will dip into the PC version if mods expanding the light RPG elements are released.

Good to have as many games as possible on the PC but trying to incite a demographic just cause an old game is getting ported is childish. PS4 owners have had a good gen, the same cant be said for Xbotters.

Actually it is, but fanboys hate "losing" their exclusive games. No idea why it hurts them so much, but:
Because they're why they bought the consoles, without them, consoles wouldn't have a reason for their existence.

As long as 90% of all first party games are exclusive, who cares, honestly?

Can a guy not agree with something and yet still be happy for others? Reading way too much into it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom