• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon zero dawn PC worth getting?

GymWolf

It looks pretty and the characters/world is interesting but Christ the gameplay is boring as hell. Go some place, cutscene, sit in bush, lure enemy to bush, watch enemy stand right in front of you, press X for insta kill, repeat for next 40 hours.
This is factually not true.

You can use stealth to reduce the number of enemies like literally every other open world released but in a lot of situation you have to fight without stealth...the majority of them.
You can only stealth kill like 2-3 type of enemies...

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned
It looks pretty and the characters/world is interesting but Christ the gameplay is boring as hell. Go some place, cutscene, sit in bush, lure enemy to bush, watch enemy stand right in front of you, press X for insta kill, repeat for next 40 hours.
Huh? Aside from the very beginning of the game this tactic is neither necessary nor possible in a lot of situations.....

Winter John

Gold Member
This is factually not true.

You can use stealth to reduce the number of enemies like literally every other open world released but in a lot of situation you have to fight without stealth...the majority of them.
You can only stealth kill like 2-3 type of enemies...

It factually is true because I did it. I did it so much I figured I was playing a backyard pervert simulator

GymWolf

It factually is true because I did it. I did it so much I figured I was playing a backyard pervert simulator
You do that a lot against small enemies (so like 2-3 enemy types plus some humans), because against medium and big enemies and some humams you only get the first hit and then get discovered, and on higher difficulty levels you can't hide anymore after that.

Also a lot of combat scenarios start with aloy out of the stealth and you have to do all action.

So yeah, i'm pretty sure that you are playing the backyard liar in here...

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
You do that a lot against small enemies (so like 2-3 enemy types plus some humans), because against medium and big enemies and some humams you only get the first hit and then get discovered, and on higher difficulty levels you can't hide anymore after that.

Also a lot of combat scenarios start with aloy out of the stealth and you have to do all action.

So yeah, i'm pretty sure that you are playing the backyard liar in here...

Sounds like someone played the Tutorial and stopped there.

Yeah I bought this a few months ago. Only played a few hours. Enjoyed what I played, just won't have much time to get back to it till after Christmas due to work schedule.

Kenpachii

Shimmery mess of a port with lots of cutscenes.

If you can get it cheap enough and got nothing else to do why not.

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Was there something about this game aggressively data mining your PC to a greater extent than a regular game? Or was that something else?

Larxia

I finished it recently and really loved it. I played it on a GTX 1080 in 1080p 60fps and it ran very well with no drops, so if you have anything more recent you most likely won't have any troubles. I totally recommend it.

I actually made a video about it and just finished uploading it right now. (I did it in 4K30 for the better bitrate / image quality of the video, given the style of the video I thought it would be better than a more compressed 1080p60, and my gpu couldn't do 4K60).

This game has an amazing atmosphere.

Kenpachii

Was there something about this game aggressively data mining your PC to a greater extent than a regular game? Or was that something else?

No that's days gone

ecbf9f6d77b6020379de6025b6a0517e.jpg

That's what u get when u boot it up, refunded it straight after it.

Also the main reason the copy probably tanked in sales on PC.

Kokoloko85

For me it was one of the more enjoyable open worlds for the setting, combat and lore.

Positive Points:
-A different world and setting than usual games.
-Interesting enemies with unique and fun combat ( Its not your typical Assassins Creed or GTA )
-Cool Lore and backstory
-Good music

Negative points:
-Forgettable NPC
-Forgettable Side quests apart from a few
-Melee combat is basic
-Not that many memorable areas or towns/hubs

Top Bottom