• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Preview Thread [Up: All Previews Live]

Elandyll

Banned
10 days for reviews, 18 days for the game...

ab40a9eede1574f6ca85a827876e86f1.gif

Really gotta get going on GR2...

Pif

Banned
The best part is that I totally expect a Breath of the Wild-ish DLC down the line for this game.

I'm getting the steelbox edition myself.

The best part is that I totally expect a Breath of the Wild-ish DLC down the line for this game.

I'm getting the steelbox edition myself.
If it's not in the game already, an endless survival arena is a DLC/update I'd love to see given how arcade-y the combat seems.

Harmen

Slowly getting hyped since the open ending leak turned out fake (I don't want another AAA game without any sense of resolution at the end) and Sony puts the game out very early with an early embargo as well.

Tyaren

Slowly getting hyped since the open ending leak turned out fake (I don't want another AAA game without any sense of resolution at the end) and Sony puts the game out very early with an early embargo as well.

Was the 45 hours length for the main campaign plus side quests fake too? I hope so.
An open world RPG like this doesn't need to be so short. I'd love to spend at least 100 hours in a game like that.

Smoolio

Has there been any talk of romance in this game? If they had some choice here too, could be awesome.

Witcher, Bioware games, Persona. All better for it imo.

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
Make a thread about embargo lift date would be fun

RPGs need more time for review because they are so large, Sony and GG must be really confident I'm predicting 90+ meta.

The previews have all been positive, the only possible downside could be the variety of quests/missions and the story but they did hire folks from the Witcher and Fallout to work on that.

RPGs need more time for review because they are so large, Sony and GG must be really confident I'm predicting 90+ meta.

The previews have all been positive, the only possible downside could be the variety of quests/missions and the story but they did hire folks from the Witcher and Fallout to work on that.
Yep, I think it will get a ~88 meta with 91 being the ceiling. Very positive previews and early reviews are a great sign. It will get docked for relatively minor issues (mileage may vary in some regards) but I think the core of the game will be quite good.

jayu26

Play one and you've played both
No you haven't. The style of combat and even the dungeons/caves/cauldrons are going to be completely different.

As far as reviews are concerned, how about we keep our expectations in check and hope for mid 80s. That would be great for GG's first outing in the RPG genre. Anything more than that, we can pop the champagne, so to speak.

I'm confident that this game will review well, but them lifting the embargo a week early doesn't mean it's a guaranteed 90+ MC. Qauntum Breaks embargo lifted early and look how mediocre that turned out.

Pif

Banned
I'm confident that this game will review well, but them lifting the embargo a week early doesn't mean it's a guaranteed 90+ MC. Qauntum Breaks embargo lifted early and look how mediocre that turned out.

QB has a 77 Metascore. Hardly mediocre.

Were the previews from Quantum Break as positive as Horizon? People played at least 5 hours of the game and were incredibly positive.

Early embargo means internal reviews are good and publisher is confident. Most of the time they turn out to be right.

But it's also true there are outliers where it doesn't match such as QB.

Smellycat

To be honest, I haven't seen anything bad/alarming about this game (besides that awful cutscene). I am predicting meta critic in the 90s

Chamber

love on your sleeve
As far as reviews are concerned, how about we keep our expectations in check and hope for mid 80s. That would be great for GG's first outing in the RPG genre. Anything more than that, we can pop the champagne, so to speak.

Where's the fun in that?

95 metacritic incoming!

Top Bottom