• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn | Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please explain? I got one recently and it sounds fine. I mean it's a mechanical device so I expect some noise but now I'm wondering if I can find one that's quieter
HDD was really noisy and it had some weird disk drive noises too. On one Pro I had to move it to make the noise disappear, reall annoying.

godofwariii-finalbosskq8ia.gif

yeeeeeep

Most PS3 games looked like a butt, but those first parties really just outclassed everybody.

Still remember playing this whole game on the flat screen in surround sound in one day. Incredible day one experience...should probably replay this soon.

HDD was really noisy and it had some weird disk drive noises too. On one Pro I had to move it to make the noise disappear, reall annoying.

Mine made a weird noise when I first got it and put the disc for The Division in but now it's gone. I might return it because the outer plastic looks discolored in places

Filben

Can someone link me to a PS4 vs Pro comparison? And please no shitty YouTube videos with compression artefacts. Does anybody have screenshot comparisons?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I honestly can't believe how ridiculous this game looks. I've been playing on an OG PS4 only and the game just looks phenomenal. Like my PC graphics card is much more powerful and this game is still amongst the best I've seen. I can't imagine what it looks like on a pro in 4k. And while I tend to be a stickler for framerate, the 30 on here is so rock solid I'm not bothered at all. I honestly don't understand how GG could get this type of performance out of this machine...

I think that is just the beauty of fixed hardware and software developers.

This is one reason why i dislike the idea of iterative software development based on iterative hardware, cause it can dilute the potential to make games on this level on hardware that was already nothing special when it released.

Imagine PS5 with atleast double the ram availible for developers, far more bandwidth, and 10tflops of GPU power, to say nothing of that CPU Zen upgrade. They will have almost fully emulated CGI on computer farms far stronger at that point

The lack of a season pass is the icing on the cake for me. It really is a complete game. I hate when companies are now already doing DLCs even before their game come out. It does feel like they are putting content aside that could have been in the original game already.

I agree that it's refreshing to not see dozens of pre-order bonuses and DLC content on the, ahem, Horizon -- but as someone who has now beaten the game, I honestly kinda wish it had pledged a few more DLC quests.

I'm satisfied with the game, but I like it so much I want more.

jaaz

Seriously considering getting a Sony X800D so that I can play this game with HDR. Those that are playing with HDR, how big of a difference is there from regular 4k?

Tyaren

Guys, I guess it is normal that my preorder costume PSN codes don't work yet? :/
Really wanted to see how the Carja and Banuk outfits look like...

I think I'm most excited for the story. The praise for the narrative, that it isn't rote sci-fi, and that the world is filled with lore from logs and other elements, is super exciting for me as a sci-fi fan

When does the OT go up?

I think I'm most excited for the story. The praise for the narrative, that it isn't rote sci-fi, and that the world is filled with lore from logs and other elements, is super exciting for me as a sci-fi fan

yeah same. I've been deep into the Foundation Series and i still need more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom